Home

95/96 Association File (PS3)

This is a discussion on 95/96 Association File (PS3) within the NBA 2K Last Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Rosters
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 04-07-2011, 07:01 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 25
95/96 Association File (PS3)

I have created an association file for PS3 of the 1995-96 NBA season.

Here is the link: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=KRLNXHU1

Why an association file and not a roster?

As you may or may not know, PS3 users are not as fortunate as 360 users because there is no way to do hex editing for the PS3. With the CAP limit at 250 it limits rosters of this type(classic) to around 8 players per team. While 8 man rotations are fine it's not enough for me personally, I want full 12-man rosters.

The only solution I could come up with was to create a roster file with 8 or so players per team, then create the remaining players in 2 separate draft classes. The next step was to start an association with 8 man rosters and sim 2 seasons. After each season I would draft the appropriate players to their respective teams to end up with at least 12 players per team.

I then went through and edited every player so that their age, years played, ratings, tendencies, and "signature" shots were correct (or close). I'm the best at editing the ratings and tendencies but I did my best and the Ratings Formula thread helped get the three point shooting pretty accurate. (http://www.operationsports.com/forum...-formulas.html). I also edited the teams rotations and coach profiles and Pacers playbook (gave Mark Jackson a post-up play). The coach profiles actually came out better than I expected for a first pass with the exception of the rebounding numbers (but I can live with that).

I also created teams for the Bucks, Grizzlies, Nets, Nuggets, and Bullets to better represent the jersey colors they had during that season. i.e. Bullets had solid white or red jerseys not the striped ones. The Bulls, Jazz, Sonics, and Knicks are the classic version from the game(i.e. 94/95 Knicks, 96/97 Jazz) Bobcats and Hornets were swapped for each other since the Hornets(Charlotte at the time) were in the eastern conference.

And just to clarify a lot of the players on the base roster file I made were downloaded from 2k share. I did make some but they were not the "key" guys like Olajuwon or Barkley.

What are the settings for this file?

The file is set with all 30 teams under user control and to 82 games. Player roles, CPU trades, pre-season games and injuries are all set to OFF.

Team Chemistry, progressive fatigue and trade override are set to ON.

The 1st round of the Playoffs is set to 5 games and quarter length for both is 12 minutes.

The sliders are from mkharsh33 located here http:http://www.operationsports.com/forum...al-player.html but you can try different set if that is what you prefer.

Auto-save is also set to OFF.

If you don't want to play a full season with these (which is what I am planning since I won't be buying 2k12 if/when there is a lockout/strike) simply find the match-up you want to play on the calendar and sim to it.

Notes: Although I called the file version 1 that doesn't mean there will be a version 2, I want to get to playing games and not just roster editing. However, I will most likely be tweaking these as I go so I will post my changes in this thread for anyone who is interested.

While the file is pretty comprehensive there are a few things you may notice are not fully correct.

1) Eddie Jones wore #25 for the 1995-96 season. The Lakers retired #25 Gail Goodrich the following year. I meant to correct this but forgot so Eddie is #6 which he wore from 1996-97 on, not a big deal but still an over-site on my part.

2) Players who were injured and played very few games were left out of rotations but are on the roster. This includes Derrick Coleman, Jamal Mashburn and Magic Johnson(not injured but didn't join the team until the end of January 96). You can easily add these players back into the rotation if you want. An exception to this is Chris Webber of the Bullets. Since he is my favorite player other than MJ I couldn't bring myself to leave him out of their rotation. If you don't want him to play just swap him with Rasheed Wallace and re-distribute his minutes.

3) The rosters are (mostly) set post-trade deadline for the season, but some players were left on the team they started the season with to better balance he line-ups/rotations. For example Tim Hardaway is on the Miami Heat(started with Warriors) but Christian Laettner is on the T'Wolves(was traded to Atlanta).

4) Players not in the 12 man rotations were not as heavily edited and will be less accurate, but they don't play if you don't change the rotations, so again not a big deal(to me at least)

Special Thanks:
I really to recognize the following guys:

From OS: portlandblazer for turning me on to this a few years ago, back when I had a 360, that I now wish I had kept solely for this game.

ffaacc03 for the 3 point formula (see above) and for being an all around cool guy.

mkharsh33 for his sliders and everyone else who makes this site so great.

From 2k share(if your an OS member and have a different screen name then I apologize for not knowing the difference)

Ramus2009 - most of the big name players were his CAP's, he's got the best players on 2k share IMO

Leoalure - very good CAP's as well

Sketchone - does good work and has several of the lesser know guys

colo_PR - again good work

There were also several guys I can't remember that I used for just one or two players so thanks to them as well.

I think that's all the relevant info right now. Feel free to ask an any questions(except: Will you make me (insert year) file like this cause that was my favorite year? The answer to that is NO. However, I may make one for the 1990-91 season since I already have a decent base roster for that year. I may also do an early 2000's one(2000-02) since those were my favorite Kings teams with Webber but these come later if at all). I would also appreciate an feedback on how these play for other and this you guys notice as I'm sure I overlooked some things. For example; I think (player X) shoots too much or Why does (insert awkward white guy{there were several in the league at the time}) jumps out of the gym for rebounds but couldn't in real life.

Anyway, I hope you guys enjoy these and I look forward to your feedback.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-07-2011, 11:43 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 33
Re: 95/96 Association File (PS3)

I endorse you all to try this association file, the amount of work put up by qpc123 seems amazing and (to my experience) his attention to details is paralled by none.

It was about time that we (PS3 users), got a worthy themed past seasons roster ... and what a significant season you took to build it ... kind of glad you didnt kept that 360.

Once I finish my on going season will surely play with this one (as many games as I can, as I did enjoyed that season).
Old 04-08-2011, 12:42 AM   #3
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ffaacc03
I endorse you all to try this association file, the amount of work put up by qpc123 seems amazing and (to my experience) his attention to details is paralled by none.

It was about time that we (PS3 users), got a worthy themed past seasons roster ... and what a significant season you took to build it ... kind of glad you didnt kept that 360.

Once I finish my on going season will surely play with this one (as many games as I can, as I did enjoyed that season).
Thanks, man. This is my favorite season in my lifetime and it goes beyond the record setting Bulls. This was the first season I got the NBA package on DirecTV and watched as many games as I could.

First adjustment for those interested.
Rex Chapman and Billy Owens need there shot tendency and touches turned down by 10-15 to around 50 and Tim Hardaway needs a slight boost in both those categories as well.

If anyone wants to follow my season I'm keeping it at dynastymanager.com http://www.dynastymanager.com/teampa...c123&sport=nba

Last edited by qpc123; 04-08-2011 at 12:45 AM.
Old 04-08-2011, 05:45 PM   #4
Pro

laroche360's Arena

OVR: 10

absolutely great work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!much respect.......i have an european ps3 , i was wondering if i can use ur file..thanks
Old 04-08-2011, 07:22 PM   #5
MVP

Crossover1's Arena

OVR: 17

Great work. I hope you have the 96 draft class but Im guessing that would have been extra work and u didnt.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-09-2011, 10:55 PM   #6
MVP

CORRECTIONS -
1) Rex Chapman and Billy Owens need there shot tendency and touches turned down by 10-15 to around 50 and Tim Hardaway needs a slight boost in both those categories as well. (posted earlier)

2) Zan Tabak of the Raptors need his 3 point tendancy zeroed out

3) Penny Hardaway needs his rebound sliders both lowered by about 10 each

4) George McCloud of the Mavs need his shot tendacy lowered by about 5

5) Clyde Drexler needs his defensive down 10. and consistency down to around 80, speed, vertical, stamina and hustle were also dropped around 10 points

6) John Williams of the Suns touches tendency lowered to 50, was 90

7) Wesley Person of the Suns drive tendency is now set to 30 (was 67 I think) and touches is now at 50 from 30. Also raised Kevin Johnson's drive tendency to 65 and touches to 60

8) Joe Smith of the Warrior should be #32 not #35

9) J. Kidd - raised drive lane to 60, shot tendency now looks like this; 65 OVR, 25 inside, 7 close, 18 MID, 25 3pt.

Last edited by qpc123; 04-17-2011 at 11:34 PM. Reason: added edits
Old 04-10-2011, 02:04 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 2

Hi, first and foremost thank you very much for this! Can you please tell me if it is possible to decrease the number of controlled teams? I have searched everywhere for an answer. I would very much like to control only 1 team. I assume you only have that option in the beginning when you first create your Association.
Thanks again!
Old 04-10-2011, 02:17 AM   #8
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoseMVP
Hi, first and foremost thank you very much for this! Can you please tell me if it is possible to decrease the number of controlled teams? I have searched everywhere for an answer. I would very much like to control only 1 team. I assume you only have that option in the beginning when you first create your Association.
Thanks again!
I had to set it 30 so that you can control any team, if you want to play as just one team it won't be an issue of having to control the other teams. They have their rotations set and injuries off, so you can simulate all their games and it works as if you were just controlling the team you want. That is how I'm doing my Bulls season. Thanks for the interest.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Rosters »