Home

No power boost or spin allowed at Augusta?

This is a discussion on No power boost or spin allowed at Augusta? within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 04-07-2011, 05:20 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
No power boost or spin allowed at Augusta?

lol wat.

This and the stupid forcing you to wear sponsor outfits is so senseless.

Last edited by WrightOne5; 04-07-2011 at 05:23 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-07-2011, 05:46 PM   #2
MVP

MrArlingtonBeach's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: No power boost or spin allowed at Augusta?

I guess there were consessions that EA had to accept for Augusta to let them use the course in the game.
Old 04-07-2011, 06:39 PM   #3
Rookie

krtgolfing's Arena

OVR: 3

If i have to wear a certain outfit and be forced not to be able to spin the ball to play augusta then that is fine with me....

EPL - Liverpool FC
MLB - Atlanta Braves
MLS - Charlotte FC
NBA - Charlotte Hornets
NFL - Carolina Panthers
NHL - Carolina Hurricanes
Old 04-07-2011, 06:54 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 2

The power and spin "perks" are stupid anyway...watching a guy land a ball on the green and having the thing turn 90 degrees to the right or left always struck me as really dumb....I think it's part of the reason the online score in tourny's are so ridiculous. It's something I wish they would get rid of all together. It's one thing to intentionally put back spin on the ball, which is fine...it's another to have it spin right or left.
Old 04-07-2011, 06:57 PM   #5
MVP

SqueakyD's Arena

OVR: 26

It's not a complete ban, however. You can use power/spin on the Masters Moments mode. I think I used it on the Par 3 course when using my character in quickplay mode too but I'm not 100% sure about that one.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-08-2011, 10:08 AM   #6
Banned

OVR: 1

So money and corporate demands are now dictating and controlling our sports gaming experiences. Sad and pathetic yes, but not really all that new. I don't believe the MLB allows developers to include a "charging the mound" feature in any MLB game, for example. And EA is restricted in what they can program into Madden as well.
Old 04-08-2011, 11:11 AM   #7
Sports Game Junkie!!!

Jordanfan23's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by misterkrabz
The power and spin "perks" are stupid anyway...watching a guy land a ball on the green and having the thing turn 90 degrees to the right or left always struck me as really dumb....I think it's part of the reason the online score in tourny's are so ridiculous. It's something I wish they would get rid of all together. It's one thing to intentionally put back spin on the ball, which is fine...it's another to have it spin right or left.
Agreed 100%! I will not play with anyone who uses this. If we could spin the ball or control it after we hit it, we would all be PGA pros. To each their own but in a sports game, this has to be the biggest cheat ever! I play on Tour Pro but never use the focus or power or whatever, it is so non-sim and kid like to me.
Old 04-08-2011, 11:41 AM   #8
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordanfan23
Agreed 100%! I will not play with anyone who uses this. If we could spin the ball or control it after we hit it, we would all be PGA pros. To each their own but in a sports game, this has to be the biggest cheat ever! I play on Tour Pro but never use the focus or power or whatever, it is so non-sim and kid like to me.
I hate these features with a PASSION, however you would be shocked to find out how many TW console users play with those features instead of the tougher difficulty levels with more simulation like features. It is something like 70% to 30% arcade versus simulation. Personally, I would love to strangle whoever put those features in the game years ago as they are an embarrassment to the game of Golf, especially PGA TOUR Golf....

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »