Home

I want this game so bad!!

This is a discussion on I want this game so bad!! within the OS Neighborhood forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > OS Neighborhood
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 04-03-2011, 10:56 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
Smile I want this game so bad!!

This may be a little off topic but, could you guys help me out a little? I really want this game, the problem is, my laptop has a crappy graphics card (played MLB 2K10 on it and it was slow as molasses), and that I have no system. I am wondering how I could convince my parents that I deserve a PS3.

-I am passing all my classes in the ACADEMIC stream, which is weird because I should've sure went with the much easier APPLIED stream approach.

-I don't do too much around my house, but I am never asked to do a lot. I play Baseball soon, so it's not like I would be sitting inside all day playing MLB 2K11 if I got one.

-I am quite an athletic kid, except I lack a winter sport like hockey or something, If I could play baseball all year round, I would! I do not do drugs or anything, my brother smoked weed in highschool, but I will not do any of that.

-I play games on my laptop mostly, the reason for this is because they would never buy me a PS3 and I would've died without some sort of device to play games on, so I don't see the problem why I wouldn't be able to get a PS3.

-Finances aren't the problem either with my family, my dad has a great paying job, my mom is retired and is going to get a job soon, so she will make a great pension plus work money.

-My birthday is in July, so I could ask for my birthday?

So If you could spare some advice on how to convince them to buy me one that would be great, also tell me how you got your system!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-03-2011, 11:34 PM   #2
Rookie

KraZe's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: I want this game so bad!!

.... How old are you?!
Old 04-03-2011, 11:41 PM   #3
Pro

BearClaw's Arena

OVR: 9

Buy it yourself
Old 04-03-2011, 11:50 PM   #4
MVP

swaldo's Arena

OVR: 20

Dont play the "I wanna, I wanna" route. Make them believe you want to earn it yourself. Everyone has tons of clutter, so tell your parents to gather up all the crap they no longer use then you sell it on ebay. You get 50% and they get 50% of the cut.

If you dont make enough ask them to go out and buy some lemons so you can setup a lemonaid stand on the corner. At that point they'll feel sorry for you and you're in.
Old 04-04-2011, 12:06 AM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by KraZe
.... How old are you?!
I'm 14, Grade 9.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-04-2011, 12:10 AM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by swaldo
Dont play the "I wanna, I wanna" route. Make them believe you want to earn it yourself. Everyone has tons of clutter, so tell your parents to gather up all the crap they no longer use then you sell it on ebay. You get 50% and they get 50% of the cut.

If you dont make enough ask them to go out and buy some lemons so you can setup a lemonaid stand on the corner. At that point they'll feel sorry for you and you're in.
I don't really have anything in the first place other than my iPod and Laptop..and if I didn't have that I wouldn't do anything. It pisses me off though, cause all my other friends have there parents buy them stuff like PS3 and Xbox's, and half of them probably aren't as wealthy as my family/parents, but there parents don't have the "you can buy everything yourself" way of doing things.
Old 04-04-2011, 12:32 AM   #7
Rookie

KraZe's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by joekirby
I don't really have anything in the first place other than my iPod and Laptop..and if I didn't have that I wouldn't do anything. It pisses me off though, cause all my other friends have there parents buy them stuff like PS3 and Xbox's, and half of them probably aren't as wealthy as my family/parents, but there parents don't have the "you can buy everything yourself" way of doing things.
That's because your parents are probably using the RIGHT approach and trying to teach you the value of money and earning things for yourself, not simply getting something just because you want it and you asked nicely for it.

If you really want them to buy a console for you, you need to show them you've earned it. You need to negotiate why you need it, why you believe you've earned it, and how you'll be able to use it appropriately and not simply become a 14-year old punk kid that sits infront of a TV playing video games instead of keeping up your grades and all that kind of stuff. Offer to do things around the house and all that stuff... dishes, garbage, all the stuff they'd normally do, and show them you're willing to work to get what you want. You might not get a "Yes" right away, but you might get a "Well... if you show you're willing to do it, then we'll get it... We'll see.", which is better than a straight out, "No".

Another thing I'd suggest, is your own self-discipline when it comes to your school work and everything... Something like, "If my grades start to slip, you can take it away from me", or "If my grades start to slip, I'll unhook it myself and I won't touch it until I get my grades back up to where they are". That being said, if you're passing your classes by the skin of your teeth, you need to open with "If I get my grades up to (insert grade here), and keep them there...", that will at least show them that you have a goal in mind, and the console would be the reward.

The other option... get a part-time job and earn it yourself. That's all I can say about that.
Old 04-04-2011, 12:33 AM   #8
MVP

swaldo's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by joekirby
You must be a mellow, well behaved kid. I think alot of parents throw down for videogames because their kids are a pain in the rear and just want to give them something to do.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > OS Neighborhood »