Home

live roster update

This is a discussion on live roster update within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 04-02-2011, 10:24 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
live roster update

In sportsconnect it still shows the last roster update as March 7. Does anyone have any idea when the next one will be? I want to start me season. I have never used a roster like knights from the roster update (only my first year with a ps3). I understand their rosters are ready. Do most of you use his roster? Can I upload it and start my season?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-02-2011, 10:29 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 6
Re: live roster update

Next SCEA update will not be out for a couple more weeks. Sorry, but you would be pretty stupid to not use Knight's roster. It has everything that you need, and then some.
Old 04-02-2011, 10:39 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnelly4
Next SCEA update will not be out for a couple more weeks. Sorry, but you would be pretty stupid to not use Knight's roster. It has everything that you need, and then some.
I'm not really sure why you feel the need to question my intelligence. I guess that says a lot about your intellect.
Old 04-02-2011, 10:47 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnelly4
This is a little harsh. Some people like to have the stock SCEA caps who didn't come with the default roster , some people make their own rosters.

To answer the op's question, live roster updates come out on Tuesdays. If they release one next week it may or may not include all missing players. (Players on active rosters who had no mlb service time last year.)
Old 04-02-2011, 11:13 PM   #5
Pro

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarwinB
I'm not really sure why you feel the need to question my intelligence. I guess that says a lot about your intellect.
Sorry, I didn't mean for it to sound like that. After I read it again, I came off as being an a$$hole. So, I apologize for that.

I guess what I was trying to say is that Knight's rosters are already out and you wouldn't have to wait.

But if you want to wait, SCEA releases their updates on Tuesday but no one knows if there will be one this coming Tuesday because the MLB usually starts on Mondays so they have plenty of time to get the rosters right. But this year, the season started on a Thursday, not allowing a lot of time for SCEA to edit the rosters.

I guess we will just have to wait and see. Again I apologize for coming off as an idiot. Not questioning your intelligence at all.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-02-2011, 11:25 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 2

Knights roster is the best for u franchise players as it also fully updates the minors as well. Otherwise ull be stuck with made up players.
Old 04-02-2011, 11:47 PM   #7
MVP

MatrixTN's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_riot
live roster updates come out on Mondays.
Correction to your answer. It's every Monday after Opening Day.
Old 04-03-2011, 12:50 AM   #8
Rookie

Legionnaire's Arena

OVR: 5

Rosters like Knight's are fun because it's fun to have the minor leagues stocked with real prospects instead of the generic fictional players.

If you actually are a hardcore baseball fan who is knowledgeable about teams' farm systems and prospects, it's a necessity to replace all the generic fictional guys with authentic prospects. But even if you're not, it's kind of neat to dive into the game so you'll end up halfway familiar with a lot of the kids' names. So years later, when they rise up in real life and become MLB regulars, you can kind of recall seeing them rise up in your videogame dynasty.

I remember one year playing EA's baseball game (not sure if it was the "MVP Baseball" era or if it was so far back that they were still calling it "Triple Play")... I'd gotten my hands on some roster that had real-life prospects included. Names I didn't really know at the time because I was less of a baseball dork than I am now, but they were good prospects so I built my team around some of them. Years later, I was amused to see one them, Mark Teixeira become an awesome star. And others, like Dioner Navarro, ended up being so bland and mediocre in reality that it's weird I had a dynasty/franchise where they were somebody worth building around.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »