Home

What's the point of practice in Dynasty mode?

This is a discussion on What's the point of practice in Dynasty mode? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 04-01-2011, 09:20 AM   #1
Pro

UofLCards's Arena

OVR: 8
What's the point of practice in Dynasty mode?

I think the practice feature in dynasty might be the most unrealistic feature of this game. First off, the point of practice is to improve and prepare for your upcoming game. So why don't we get to practice against sets and plays that our future opponents will run. I know that might be a little advanced for a video game but it should be something that is addressed. Secondly, why are my injured players able to practice? I currently have a guy out 6 weeks with broken ribs yet he's able to practice. Third I hardly have players improve throughout the season. Am I missing something here? Is there a training function that I'm just completly ignoring? I'd hate to look like a **** after posting this but the practice feature needs some tweaking.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-01-2011, 10:14 AM   #2
MVP

blkrptnt819's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: What's the point of practice in Dynasty mode?

I use it to get a feel for new players
Old 04-01-2011, 10:18 AM   #3
Rookie

Double C's Arena

OVR: 22

I only use it to practice the fake punts.

My screenshot albums
Just Win on Madden Baby
Old 04-01-2011, 11:23 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 1

Why not make practice where you can run certain plays against your opponents plays, which will give your players bonuses when running only those plays against those opponents plays? But really constrict it to maybe 3 running plays and 3 passing plays.

This ties in with a scouting function for dynasty mode. No matter who I'm playing I should know BEFORE the game starts what their favorite play is, do they pass on first down 60% of the time, etc.

Add this to a tweaked practice and you have something.
Old 04-01-2011, 09:37 PM   #5
Banned

PatriotJames's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight9299
Why not make practice where you can run certain plays against your opponents plays, which will give your players bonuses when running only those plays against those opponents plays? But really constrict it to maybe 3 running plays and 3 passing plays.

This ties in with a scouting function for dynasty mode. No matter who I'm playing I should know BEFORE the game starts what their favorite play is, do they pass on first down 60% of the time, etc.

Add this to a tweaked practice and you have something.
I'm trying to remember what NFL game had this in it with the 3 offensive and 3 defensive plays the team called so you knew before hand. I'm thinking 2k5 ... that was a nice feature.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-02-2011, 01:47 PM   #6
Pro

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatriotJames
I'm trying to remember what NFL game had this in it with the 3 offensive and 3 defensive plays the team called so you knew before hand. I'm thinking 2k5 ... that was a nice feature.
I know NFL Head Coach had some pretty decent scouting stuff, you tell you the top 3 plays for different situations on O.
Old 04-02-2011, 02:15 PM   #7
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

They should add drills that was on LG. 7 on 7.
I want to be able to recruit players and see what they excell and stuggle in
Old 04-02-2011, 02:19 PM   #8
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

I had a post awhile back asking for practice to mean something. Have us prepare a gameplan, choose the pace of practice, etc. If I am playing a cupcake team, then let me have my team practice as fast a pace possible with tons of short dump off plays so I can see how well my team would run it. Once I get in game my team would run a faster offense more productively and they would run the plays more consistently, but if the gameplan doesn't work for me, then I'll have a harder time running a slower paced offense, unless I practiced it most of the year, offseason.

― Plato

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »