Home

Do you play with Jumpshot feedback on?

This is a discussion on Do you play with Jumpshot feedback on? within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-31-2011, 10:24 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Do you play with Jumpshot feedback on?

Since I've got 2k11 I've always played with feedback on; I found that it really helped me to quickly learn how to shoot with all the different players of the different teams, but now that I've kind of got a good feel for shooting I decided to turn jumpshot feedback off for a few games, and I found that I LOVED it off. I thought I'd have been frustrated, but it's actually so much better with it turned off.
I've found that when it's on, it kind of takes away from the simulation experience. Every time you shoot you have this big red or green graphic on the top of the screen, and you find yourself always looking at whether or not you got a green release rather than the actual shot itself. Also, when it's on it takes away from the suspense of the shot cos if you shoot and the release is green then you can already pretty much assume you're gonna score, and when it does it's like "yep, as expected", but when it's off it's like "yes! what a shot, I am a boss." What about you guys, do you have it on or off and why? Also, those who play with it on regularly, try a game or two with it off and see how it plays out.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-01-2011, 09:25 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Do you play with Jumpshot feedback on?

It doesnt take away from simulation experience at all imo....

It's not like the meter in NBA 09(the PS3 exclusive) where you can see how long you have to hold it in while you shoot...

All the thing does is show you whether you shot late or early or just right. Great tool for learning shots, especially those with weird release times like Stephen Jackson.
Old 04-01-2011, 11:16 PM   #3
Rookie

fair enough ammofan, I don't know, for me it really takes from the simulation experience cos you don't see a bright green or red graphic in real life. I can definitely see how it's helpful though. I've gotten pretty good at shooting now and I find that I don't really need to memorize each players different releases now, I just look carefully at their arms when they're shooting, every player has that sweet spot where you just know that's when to release.
Old 04-01-2011, 11:35 PM   #4
Pro

DurtySoufReppin's Arena

OVR: 4

naw..im not a big fan of the shot feedback..

the net is my feedback...

If it goes in.. that means my release was good...

feedback is annoying because it gets in the way and takes away from the game..
Grizzlies
Titans
Vols
U.S. Army
Old 04-02-2011, 12:19 AM   #5
Pro

OVR: 10

I don't mind it much, it's just in the corner of my eye. I wouldn't play with it if it were in the other games, but jumpshots are so much more specific this year - and a lot of times even perfect releases don't go in on harder difficulties - that it really helps. And it's just sort of satisfying to see that green hand up there.

A great example was just last night when I was playing as the Nuggets vs. the Thunder, and we were going on a major run in the 3rd when J.R. Smith hit a driving layup, then got an alley-oop dunk on the next play. On my next possession I drove with Lawson and threw a bad pass to Perkins but picked the ball off on the other end and sprinted out with Lawson before dishing the ball back to a 30-foot deep Smith and draining a wide open three off the dribble. It felt so cocky and J.R.-like, and the feedback was perfect release, so I was already slowly walking backwards before his shrug animation even kicked in.

Last edited by Nodima; 04-02-2011 at 12:22 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-02-2011, 12:41 PM   #6
Banned

OVR: 9

I play with it ON, but I do notice that im lookin at that when that quick moment could be for switching to Rebound.
Old 04-02-2011, 05:19 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 2

I play with it on most of the time but I occasionally turn it off. Making shots feels a LOT more rewarding with jumpshot feedback off.
Old 04-03-2011, 11:34 PM   #8
Rookie

Shankssta's Arena

Ever since I turned it on I have been playing a lot better. Like other people said, it's good to use when you have people on your team that shoot weird.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »