Home

Casual gym, long season, two fights a week and some sparring, interest anyone?

This is a discussion on Casual gym, long season, two fights a week and some sparring, interest anyone? within the Boxing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Boxing
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-31-2011, 10:18 AM   #1
MVP

acts238shaun's Arena

OVR: 25
Casual gym, long season, two fights a week and some sparring, interest anyone?

Just putting some feelers out there. This is for the PS3. I was thinking a 40 fight season over a couple of months, no one playing someone more than three times (love the trilogies!) with a tourney at the end. I'd like to start one after I know the freezes have been dealt with. We can move at a pace everyone is comfortable with and guys who have a hard time meeting up with a certain guy isn't an issue. I am just curious who'd be interested. In the meantime if you are a very active fighter you can spar or play OWC.

I have a 6 month old daughter and it is hard for me to nail down a time sometimes. I can feed her thinking she is going to be out of it from 9pm until after midnight but right in the middle of breaking a spammers orbital she wakes up crying. Thankfully she is sleeing longer and it isn't as much of an issue, but you daddies and busy people know what I am talking about.

Let me know what you think. I'd like a fun gym without all the pressure. I love to compete, but at 34 with a wife and kid other things are important.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-31-2011, 10:41 AM   #2
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34
Re: Casual gym, long season, two fights a week and some sparring, interest anyone?

Buy a 360 and I'm in...
Old 04-05-2011, 08:44 AM   #3
Rookie

reece420's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Casual gym, long season, two fights a week and some sparring, interest anyone?

count me in send invite reece420
Old 04-05-2011, 12:11 PM   #4
MVP

acts238shaun's Arena

If I get this going I sure will. I am waiting to see of EA addresses the online freezes first.
Old 04-05-2011, 09:59 PM   #5
Pro

DurtySoufReppin's Arena

OVR: 4

DurtySoufReppin
Grizzlies
Titans
Vols
U.S. Army
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-11-2011, 06:34 AM   #6
MVP

JerzeyReign's Arena

OVR: 43

Bruh, this won't work with EA's gym alone. Certainly would need to 'create' our own boxing world as that season stuff is just not 'real' to me.

I'm in though. Tried to get my own going but the freezes (which I have yet to encounter online) keeps alot of guys at bay.
Old 04-11-2011, 11:35 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 8

I'm down.

You guys should enjoy beatin' on me as I am only average at this game for some reason. Really though, I would hope that the online gyms can be a place where practice and techniques could be shared to help make you a better player, like the fightcards are being used in EA MMA. (Really regret trading that in. I am going to buy it back since it's only $20.)

I read so much about spamming and cheesing and I think to myself why don't we just play each other in a private gym. I have yet to try a gym, I sent a join request to OS gym and haven't heard back since, been over a week.

As I mentioned, I'm interested and really want to use this to try to get better at the game.

MrMars

PSNID: MrMars909
Old 04-11-2011, 12:52 PM   #8
MVP

acts238shaun's Arena

Cool. I actually started the gym up last night. Just wanted to wait on getting an actual season started and sending invites because of all the issues with online freezing and disconnects. The patch is going to fix a lot of this. As soon as it hits I'll send out invites. This game is a console killer for many, I'd like to keep mine for a while.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Boxing »