Home

1998 Full MLB Rosters

This is a discussion on 1998 Full MLB Rosters within the MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-30-2011, 01:23 AM   #1
NBA 2K Production Assistant

bedwardsroy19's Arena

OVR: 37
1998 Full MLB Rosters

Hey guys,

So I always have wanted to make a full historic roster and this year I finally have enough time on my hands where I could get it done within reasonable time. I decided to do the 98 season because even with all of the controversy of the steroids era, the race to break Maris' record was part of one of the most exciting baseball seasons of my lifetime.

With that being said I still have a ton of work to do on this roster, but I thought I would start a thread to see if any interest in the roster sparks or if anybody had any thoughts or suggestions about the rosters or that season in general.

I'll post updates on progress in this thread and occasionally I'll upload some individual players in the vault that are from the 98 Season and my work in progress roster.

As of 4/3 The AL East is completely finished.
Lineups and Rotations have been set for all 5 teams
Info/Faces/Stances/Equipment/Ratings are completely done as well.

Next step finishing faces, equipment, stances/deliveries, attributes for the NL Central... The entire AL is done

All MLB players have their info/potential in the game. Some of AL/NL hitters faces/ratings/stances/equipment are done.

Totally Completed
The American League
NL East

If you want to check out some of the players I uploaded in the vault for the roster, my PSN is bedwardsroy19. As of now Darryl Strawberry, Mo Vaughn, and Cal Ripken Jr are up. (So is Barack Obama, but I don't think I can include him in the roster!) Let me know what you think/if i should change anything.

Mike Mussina added to the player vault 4/3

A demo/teaser for the roster has been posted. The name of the roster is 1998 Demo Version and it is under the PSN Bedwardsroy19

It took much longer than I expected to create this demo version but there are some things about it that I need to explain.

First off the real rosters will have all players entirely from 98 and will have their appropriate attributes stances delivers faces and so on.

The Demo version is the imported starting 9 for each of the teams from the AL East along with one Starting Pitcher. The reasons I did not add more is because of how difficult it was to export CAPs and because of the fact that this is a demo, I dont want to give the whole thing out yet.

So everyone go download it and give me some feedback, let me know if there are some things that need changes or how you feel about particular faces and what not. Like I said before, I will be going back over every player and making more changes before a final set is released so this is really a rough draft you could say.

Bedwardsroy19

Last edited by bedwardsroy19; 04-15-2011 at 08:09 PM. Reason: Update
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-30-2011, 01:59 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: 1998 Full MLB Rosters

Just the year I was looking for looking forward to it.
Old 03-30-2011, 04:44 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0
Ken Griffey Jr!!! Favorite baseball player of all time
Old 03-30-2011, 09:03 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 2

That is awesome man! I was actually talking about starting a 98 roster with some guys at a different site, but now that I know you are taking care of it, I can make a new project =)

Also, what I think would be cool, and if you could use some help, Baseball Reference lists the minor league players for each team, and I could possibly at least just do the AAA and get all their names, heights, weights, age, skin color and ratings plugged in, and then that would give people a way to play a few franchise seasons starting in 1998? Just thought it'd be neat.

Another question, when you say you have just about all of the American League done, did you also give them their attributes? Because if not, I wouldn't mind helping you with that either. Of course, that is if you are looking for any help. If not, keep up the good work. I'm sure many of us here will really enjoy these.
Old 03-30-2011, 09:22 AM   #5
Rookie

Strings74's Arena

OVR: 5

Sounds like fun. I would definitely check it out.

It'll be interesting to see how you balance the teams.

Keep in mind that not only the Yankees were awesome that year with 114 wins.

Houston and Atlanta also won over 100 games.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-30-2011, 10:17 AM   #6
MVP

drsublime's Arena

OVR: 8

I downloaded your, Mo, Cal and Darryl

pretty good. espically w/ Mo

i already have a 98 era Bonds in the vaut if you want him (DrSublime PSN)
Old 03-30-2011, 11:44 AM   #7
NBA 2K Production Assistant

bedwardsroy19's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by nusie
That is awesome man! I was actually talking about starting a 98 roster with some guys at a different site, but now that I know you are taking care of it, I can make a new project =)

Also, what I think would be cool, and if you could use some help, Baseball Reference lists the minor league players for each team, and I could possibly at least just do the AAA and get all their names, heights, weights, age, skin color and ratings plugged in, and then that would give people a way to play a few franchise seasons starting in 1998? Just thought it'd be neat.

Another question, when you say you have just about all of the American League done, did you also give them their attributes? Because if not, I wouldn't mind helping you with that either. Of course, that is if you are looking for any help. If not, keep up the good work. I'm sure many of us here will really enjoy these.
Having AAA teams is something that I have considered very strongly (and possibly AA teams) just because I have put a lot of work into getting the correct player potential for everybody so these roster can hopefully play well in franchise mode. Another reason I'm considering minors is because a throwback RTTS mode would be awesome.

For your second question I have most of the hitter attributes and all of their information done. I want keep doing the ratings for the time being just so they can stay consistent. Although, if its cool, maybe in a week or so I will shoot you a pm and let you know if I need some help with those ratings, and also about the possibility of adding minor league teams. Obviously I'd let everybody on here know if I end up planning to add a AAA or AA as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drsublime
I downloaded your, Mo, Cal and Darryl

pretty good. espically w/ Mo

i already have a 98 era Bonds in the vaut if you want him (DrSublime PSN)
Thanks, those aren't necessarily the best ones I have made, just wanted to show you guys a little bit of what you could expect "facewise" when I'm able to complete them. I'll let you know if I end up using Bonds and I'll credit you if I do, thanks for offering him!
Old 03-30-2011, 02:13 PM   #8
Rookie

WB1214's Arena

OVR: 3

I know that there is a very good Big Mac in the vault, in case you didn't know. I REALLY can't wait to play with these!

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters »