Home

New cheese tactics post patch 1.01

This is a discussion on New cheese tactics post patch 1.01 within the Boxing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Boxing
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-28-2011, 08:53 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 4
New cheese tactics post patch 1.01

Figured this might be the thread to list some exploits that are happening post patch.

Fought one guy today who was spamming the side step counter... and I mean constant nonstop sidestep then hook. Even worked on my simple jabs. I've never encountered this until today.. so I'm assuming this is a new cheese.

I did end up beating the guy took me 2 or three rounds to adjust. Beat him in 6 out of 8 rounds with 3 KO's. After the moron's boxer started to fatigue I was able to 2 piece him to death. Basically box. So satisfying.

Huuuhh.. So, what else?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-29-2011, 06:03 AM   #2
Banned

OVR: 12
Re: New cheese tactics post patch 1.01

Quote:
Originally Posted by vision
Figured this might be the thread to list some exploits that are happening post patch.

Fought one guy today who was spamming the side step counter... and I mean constant nonstop sidestep then hook. Even worked on my simple jabs. I've never encountered this until today.. so I'm assuming this is a new cheese.

I did end up beating the guy took me 2 or three rounds to adjust. Beat him in 6 out of 8 rounds with 3 KO's. After the moron's boxer started to fatigue I was able to 2 piece him to death. Basically box. So satisfying.

Huuuhh.. So, what else?
side step counter isn't cheese. It's getting out of the way and throwing your own. I think once he saw you never saw it before, or didn't have an answer for it then he went to it like a safety blanket.
Old 03-29-2011, 08:12 AM   #3
Pro

OVR: 3

I was fighting this guy last night who was taller and had longer reach than me. I'd get inside and try to throw hooks to the body or block his shots and throw hooks to the body and it was like my hooks would go right past his stomach. This has happened before to me and I have no idea why it happens? Is there some special body type (height/weight/reach) that makes it so certain opponents can't hit your stomach? It was pissing me off because he'd just sit there throwing body hooks and I'd try the same and instead I'd just get countered or he'd back away.

Anyone know why/how this happens?
Old 03-29-2011, 10:49 AM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by randombrother
side step counter isn't cheese. It's getting out of the way and throwing your own. I think once he saw you never saw it before, or didn't have an answer for it then he went to it like a safety blanket.
I know it isn't cheese. I use side step counter.. trust me I'm not a rook. I'm saying that he literally twitched it the whole fight. It was just nuts. And my point was.. that it seems like slipping punches to counter is way easier.

Matter of fact I'm starting to notice that reach and speed matters more now. But almost to a fault. I noticed this too kbmnm247.. There is a sort of force field that won't let you connect at times, and it looks really obvious. Feels a little unnatural. I fought one guy doing little sway movements who was waiting to counter me just about every punch, and was successful.. just from those little sways. Felt really cheap.
Old 03-29-2011, 10:54 AM   #5
Banned

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by vision
I know it isn't cheese. I use side step counter.. trust me I'm not a rook. I'm saying that he literally twitched it the whole fight. It was just nuts. And my point was.. that it seems like slipping punches to counter is way easier.

Matter of fact I'm starting to notice that reach and speed matters more now. But almost to a fault. I noticed this too kbmnm247.. There is a sort of force field that won't let you connect at times, and it looks really obvious. Feels a little unnatural. I fought one guy doing little sway movements who was waiting to counter me just about every punch, and was successful.. just from those little sways. Felt really cheap.
If you're talking about the ones where they are standing perfectly still but just moving there head in a rhythm where it looks like they could make some money "on the strip" rather than boxing then yeah I've seen that also and you're right it's almost impossible to straight up hit them when they do that. I forgot what it was I did but I was able to connect doing something.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-29-2011, 11:39 AM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
If you're talking about the ones where they are standing perfectly still but just moving there head in a rhythm where it looks like they could make some money "on the strip" rather than boxing then yeah I've seen that also and you're right it's almost impossible to straight up hit them when they do that. I forgot what it was I did but I was able to connect doing something.
Honestly, I'm thinking that the best way to remedy this is to have a fighter with longer reach. I suspect if said boxers rating for movement is in the 18-20 range.. he can spam the slip easier. It's almost comical.

I'll say that overall though.. when you fight a sim person online, it's really enjoyable. But the biggest change for me is that Fighting offline on GOAT is not an AI perfect block counter festival anymore. Champion difficulty was a little to easy for me before the patch, so I always played on GOAT. Now GOAT is almost perfect. The fights have a much better slower pace. AI Manny will actually look like he is taking his time, and not just come out swingin, and perfect blockin, and it's still a challenge.
Old 03-29-2011, 11:41 AM   #7
Pro

OVR: 9

I've never lost to a counter puncher. I find them the easiest to beat as most lack boxing skills. Even the ones that can box a little, end up eating way too many shots trying to counter everything.

Anyways, if you just stay patient, they'll tire out in the later rounds. If you can corner them, its goodnight.
Old 03-29-2011, 11:59 AM   #8
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34

Quote:
I fought a guy like that and beat him 100-91, 100-91, 100-90. He was shorter, but all you have to do is go in and jab to the body and step back out. Eventually they will have to come straight at you because they are so far behind on points. I held the guy to 22% connect. I will admit that hitting his head was hard, but still at the end of the fight, his eye was cut and his nose was a bloody mess so I was getting through plenty.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Boxing »