Home

TW12, Wii or PS3?

This is a discussion on TW12, Wii or PS3? within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-26-2011, 04:10 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
TW12, Wii or PS3?

Okay, so I'm looking to buy TW12 for either PS3 or Wii. I have never played any version of TW for Wii before, because I just bought a Wii with motion plus. I have played and liked the PS3 version of past TW games, and really liked the demo for 12. I don't own or plan to buy Playstation Move. I will be playing career mode with some online thrown in here and there. So far, the pros and cons I see so far in the Wii version compared to PS3 are :

Wii

Pros

1. Cheaper (NZ$65 vs $100 for ps3 version)
2. Motion controls
3. Extras like Disc golf etc.

Cons

1. Graphics
2. Online is limited compared to PS3 version(?)
3. Less caddy integration (? I really like the caddy)
4. No patches etc.
5. Less number of courses (?)

Can anyone help me here? How active would the online be? What courses will I lose? Is the new commentary in the Wii version? What other things will I lose/gain if I buy the Wii version?

So many questions. Please help me spend my money wisely.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-27-2011, 05:26 PM   #2
MVP

MrArlingtonBeach's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: TW12, Wii or PS3?

First, the Wii version has MORE courses than the PS3 version (even more than the collector's edition). I think the Wii version has something like 24 or 26 courses compared to 14 or 16 for the PS3/Xbox 360. The PS3 CE version has around 20 courses included.

I picked up the Wii version of TW 11 last year and enjoyed it. I did miss the HD graphics for sure. But actually 'swinging' a club with the motion controls is fun.

That said, I am getting TW 12 on the Xbox 360 this year because I want Augusta in HD.

I would assume the commentary is the same on Wii and PS3. I think there would be more online players on PS3 than on the Wii, but that's my uneducated guess. Not having patches on the Wii wasn't a huge deal for me since I didn't think there was a whole lot that needed fixing last year.

The extras on the Wii (disc and mini golf) are fun, but get a bit stale after a while. Since the Wii comes with Wii Sports that already has disc golf, it's not a big selling point to me.

The one major gameplay addition to TW 12 on the Wii is the ability to use the Balance Board. Not sure how big of a selling point this is for you, but I thought it would be good to mention.

I think it comes down to whether or not you're big on graphics. If you want the motion control, go with the Wii version. If you want HD graphics, go with the PS3 version. You could always get the Move later on if you want.

Last edited by MrArlingtonBeach; 03-27-2011 at 05:38 PM.
Old 03-28-2011, 07:24 AM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrArlingtonBeach
First, the Wii version has MORE courses than the PS3 version (even more than the collector's edition). I think the Wii version has something like 24 or 26 courses compared to 14 or 16 for the PS3/Xbox 360. The PS3 CE version has around 20 courses included.

I picked up the Wii version of TW 11 last year and enjoyed it. I did miss the HD graphics for sure. But actually 'swinging' a club with the motion controls is fun.

That said, I am getting TW 12 on the Xbox 360 this year because I want Augusta in HD.

I would assume the commentary is the same on Wii and PS3. I think there would be more online players on PS3 than on the Wii, but that's my uneducated guess. Not having patches on the Wii wasn't a huge deal for me since I didn't think there was a whole lot that needed fixing last year.

The extras on the Wii (disc and mini golf) are fun, but get a bit stale after a while. Since the Wii comes with Wii Sports that already has disc golf, it's not a big selling point to me.

The one major gameplay addition to TW 12 on the Wii is the ability to use the Balance Board. Not sure how big of a selling point this is for you, but I thought it would be good to mention.

I think it comes down to whether or not you're big on graphics. If you want the motion control, go with the Wii version. If you want HD graphics, go with the PS3 version. You could always get the Move later on if you want.
Thank you for the great post, 26 courses sounds great! I'm leaning towards the PS3 version for now, but going to wait for release date impressions before I make the final decision.
Old 03-28-2011, 07:38 AM   #4
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by PresidentEvil
Thank you for the great post, 26 courses sounds great! I'm leaning towards the PS3 version for now, but going to wait for release date impressions before I make the final decision.
My understanding from the Devs on the EA forums is that the Wii version is going to have 24 courses on the DVD. The 360/PS3 version have 15 each on the DVD with the PS3 CE having 20. The 360/PS3 also have 21 additional courses available as DLC if you want more courses.
Old 03-31-2011, 09:42 PM   #5
Rookie

Now that the game is out, can anyone give their opinion, which version is better? I'm going to go pick up the game today.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »