Home

How immersive is franchise mode? (New to series)

This is a discussion on How immersive is franchise mode? (New to series) within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-25-2011, 09:55 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 11
How immersive is franchise mode? (New to series)

I've been reading lots of impressions and threads about gameplay, and I am on the fence about purchasing this game for the first time since 2k7. I know that the series has come a ways since then but still has farther to go in the opinion of many... my question(s) are all about franchise because that is probably the only mode I will play

1.) Is there an option to simulate inning-by-inning and "jump in" at the end, a la EA NHL? Or do you have to just play out the whole game?

2.) Are there in-game saves like in NBA 2k?

3.) The sim stats, from what I've read, are pretty good. Are there any other weird things I should know about, like weird trades or retirements or prospects who don't get up/get up too quickly?

I'm know that #3 can be somewhat subjective, but the only thing I've seen about it is that Free Agents are a little less likely to move in the offseason than in real life.

Thanks in advance for your thoughts
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-25-2011, 09:57 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: How immersive is franchise mode? (New to series)

The answer to the first two is yes!
Old 03-25-2011, 10:32 PM   #3
Pro

OVR: 11

Well then those two are big plus-es to a first-time expectant father!
Old 03-26-2011, 12:23 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 6

Yep those first two might come in real handy. I have 3 girls myself and am expecting my newborn son in less than 2 weeks.
Old 03-26-2011, 12:11 PM   #5
Rookie

cocacolaman's Arena

OVR: 4

Again the first two are Yes....the save in game is great when all of a sudden you are being yelled at to help out with something......

as far as other things I found out had to turn the injury rating down....at the default of 50 in the slider injuries are crazy stupid....I was getting them every game I went to play.....by stupid I mean my #1 pitcher out for 2 months after 10 pitches in 1st game then go to play 2nd game my #2 pitcher out after 10 pitches for 4 months....at that rate I'd be out of pitchers in 2 weeks of the season......I quickly found to restart my franchise and set the injury to 40 and that helped a ton....injuries happen but much more realistic with big injuries being more realistic....maybe one or two players the entire season.... opposed to my entire starting rotation.....

there's still a lot more i'd like to see added in regards to actual franchise options, new ballpark, upgrade, etc...... but i won't know exactly the full depth until i get through a full season. I like to play a lot of the games it'll be a bit before i see everything that can be done.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-26-2011, 12:29 PM   #6
MVP

Keirik's Arena

OVR: 16

i have a franchise question i'll just put in here to see if anyone knows.

Can you do league wide searches for other team's players by attributes, potential, things like that? Search team's minors and stuff and sort by attributes?

I think that's one of the things i miss most about the High Heat days when they had spreadsheet style menus. Pro evolution soccer still has it and i use it all the time. I really would love to have it in a baseball game.
Old 03-26-2011, 12:39 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keirik
i have a franchise question i'll just put in here to see if anyone knows.

Can you do league wide searches for other team's players by attributes, potential, things like that? Search team's minors and stuff and sort by attributes?
Yes, there's a "Player Finder" feature under the GM tab. You can search by position, attributes, age, potential, etc. Not sure if you can narrow it down to team or not, but you might be able to. If not, you can sort the results by team and go that route.

Another great feature of GM is the trade proposal screen, where you can select a player on your team you want to trade and see what other teams would be willing to offer straight up. It definitely helps get an idea of a player's worth and save a TON of time when trying to retool your roster.
Old 03-26-2011, 12:43 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 5

As for the OP:

1) Yes
2) Yes - This is the greatest feature EVER--especially for those of us busy with work or families and don't have the disposable free time like we used too
3) The biggest issues (or bugs) are a fatigue glitch where players do not fatigue after games you play, but they do when you sim the games. Not a big deal for me because I like to play a game, sim 5, play another, sim 5, etc. However, if you like to play EVERY game in franchise, then you'll have to wait for the patch (eta is still up in the air).

As for immersion, there are enough stats and stories for you to follow to make it as immersive as you like.

Last edited by cardswin2006; 03-26-2011 at 12:45 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »