Home

WWE All Stars (360/PS3) Impressions Thread

This is a discussion on WWE All Stars (360/PS3) Impressions Thread within the Wrestling forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Wrestling
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-25-2011, 09:32 AM   #1
RIP Brodie!!!

CaptainZombie's Arena

OVR: 49
WWE All Stars (360/PS3) Impressions Thread

An OSer already received his review copy, so I think it would be good to start a separate impressions thread than having them get lost in the other two threads.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-25-2011, 09:47 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: WWE All Stars (360/PS3) Impressions Thread

Yeah guys I got my review copy yesterday and have played probably 15-20 matches so far. Really having fun with the game. I'm playing through the Undertaker Path of Champions storyline now to try and unlock some guys and 2nd attires. If anyone has any questions I'll do my best to answer.
Old 03-25-2011, 10:09 AM   #3
Rookie

Plan on wrestling a bunch of elimination matches during the Path of Champions mode. I've already wrestled three in my first five bouts.
Old 03-25-2011, 10:14 AM   #4
Rookie

WOW! Ran up against Andre and was absolutely dominated. He reversed all but one of my grapple attempts and just threw the Rock (me) around like a rag doll.
Old 03-25-2011, 10:22 AM   #5
Rookie

Here's a video I uploaded this morning

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-25-2011, 11:24 AM   #6
Twitch/YouTube: Fiddy14

Fiddy's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrider99
WOW! Ran up against Andre and was absolutely dominated. He reversed all but one of my grapple attempts and just threw the Rock (me) around like a rag doll.
hey, i know this is an impressions thread, and we dont have a Q&A thread for this.. just curious if you can do a quick vid or something on the options in the game? or just tell us lol.. any option to turn the KO's off? can we adjust anything other than say a difficulty level?
http://www.youtube.com/@Fiddy14
X
https://x.com/Fiddy14_

Favorite Teams
Pittsburgh Penguins
New York Mets
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Browns
Notre Dame Fightin Irish
Liverpool FC
Old 03-25-2011, 11:26 AM   #7
Rookie

OK so cage matches are pretty intense. You have to climb out of the cage to win (no KOs or pinfalls) and it uses a meter like in Smackdown once you get to the top of the cage. You have to stop the cursor in the sweet spot four or five times (I forget which) in order to escape the cage. If you get it stopped twice then get thrown off the cage, the next time you reach the top it starts you off with those two in the bank.
It's a cool idea, and I just got robbed by Hogan in a match. He dominated early and got two stars (you fill up a star each time you stop the meter in the sweet spot) but I battled back, hit him with the Rock Bottom and the Peoples Elbow and climbed the cage. I only needed one more star to escape and win, but he threw me off and hit me with a big suplex. Before I could get to him, he got the final stars he needed to win. Geez I was ticked. I completely dominated the second half of the match, but because he did so well early he was able to sneak out the victory. Initially I was frustrated losing like this, but it really adds to the drama in a cage match. You can't let up on your opponent because they can rally and steal a win.
Old 03-25-2011, 11:28 AM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddy
hey, i know this is an impressions thread, and we dont have a Q&A thread for this.. just curious if you can do a quick vid or something on the options in the game? or just tell us lol.. any option to turn the KO's off? can we adjust anything other than say a difficulty level?
There is no option to turn off KOs. The only thing you can adjust is the difficulty level. It sucks, but the KOs aren't really a big deal. I haven't noticed any cheap ones -- you have to really beat down your opponent to score a KO. And finishers aren't automatic knockouts, either. I've had the AI kick out of finishers plenty of times.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Wrestling »