Home

Injury Management in Franchise Mode

This is a discussion on Injury Management in Franchise Mode within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-22-2011, 09:11 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 5
Injury Management in Franchise Mode

In Mlb 10 they introduced the feature where you could edit players and give them injuries, well I am lost as to how you go about doing that in the show 11

I am using the 30 team control but still can't figure out how its done this year

I would like to reflect mlb type inj like Wainwright out for year, or Johan santana out till July, etc...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-22-2011, 09:42 PM   #2
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56
Re: Injury Management in Franchise Mode

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metsaholic
In Mlb 10 they introduced the feature where you could edit players and give them injuries, well I am lost as to how you go about doing that in the show 11

I am using the 30 team control but still can't figure out how its done this year

I would like to reflect mlb type inj like Wainwright out for year, or Johan santana out till July, etc...
You don't need to have 30 team on for that(just FYI)
Make sure in your GAMPEPLAY OPTIONS...on the USER SETTTINGS page, you have injuries to MANUAL.
Then just go to the DISABLED LIST of any team page....and hit R1 to go to the injury report summary.
Same as last year from there.
Hope this helps!

M.K.
Knight165
Old 03-22-2011, 10:31 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 5

Thanks Knight, I had it to on instead of manual, so good looking
Old 04-12-2011, 04:09 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
You don't need to have 30 team on for that(just FYI)
Make sure in your GAMPEPLAY OPTIONS...on the USER SETTTINGS page, you have injuries to MANUAL.
Then just go to the DISABLED LIST of any team page....and hit R1 to go to the injury report summary.
Same as last year from there.
Hope this helps!

M.K.
Knight165
i tried this but then when i hit r1 - nothing happens

my injuries are set to manual - however i´m playing season - does
this only work in franchise mode?
Old 04-12-2011, 12:35 PM   #5
Rookie

I too am having the exact same problem and can't figure out what I am doing wrong.... I have user profile set to manual injuries, I go to DL screen, when I hit R1 nothing happens.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-12-2011, 03:02 PM   #6
Rookie

Yep same here. Have injuries set to manual and injury management to auto, yet when I got to the disabled list I can't do anything when I hit R1/L1.

Only way I can get it to work is if I have my franchise on 30 team control, but if it can indeed work with 1 team control that'd be even better since the Pirates are the only team I'd really pay close attention to (other than initial lineups and mid-season injuries) in the game.

Tried doing it at the start of spring training, the day before the end of spring training, opening day, and the day after opening day, and nothing's really working unless I do 30 team control.
Old 04-12-2011, 06:01 PM   #7
All Star

HustlinOwl's Arena

OVR: 50

CPU Roster Control OFF

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnelly4

This is the screen that I am talking about. I think that everyone is getting confused with Roster Control. You need to leave this option to off. As long as you have all 30 teams checked off, you will be able to do a 30-team franchise.

Then you need to go into Gameplay Options when you get into franchise, if and only if you want to injure players yourself, then you need to change both profiles to manual injuries (it is towards the bottom of the options). After you injure everyone that you want be sure to go back into the profiles and change injuries back to on, otherwise you will not see injuries while simming or playing.

Hope this makes everything a little more clear for people. It really is the same as '10 but they moved everything around a little. Any questions, just let me know!
Old 04-12-2011, 08:44 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by PittBB11
Yep same here. Have injuries set to manual and injury management to auto, yet when I got to the disabled list I can't do anything when I hit R1/L1.

Only way I can get it to work is if I have my franchise on 30 team control, but if it can indeed work with 1 team control that'd be even better since the Pirates are the only team I'd really pay close attention to (other than initial lineups and mid-season injuries) in the game.

Tried doing it at the start of spring training, the day before the end of spring training, opening day, and the day after opening day, and nothing's really working unless I do 30 team control.
As mentioned above, you need to set the injuries to MANUAL in settings (NOT ON, OR AUTO) in BOTH profiles (yours and the one you've assigned the CPU teams to) that you are using for your franchise.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »