Home

Old 03-19-2011, 07:11 PM   #1
Banned

BoiseBulldawg34's Arena

OVR: 3
College Hoops 2K8 Questions

Hey Guys, I recently ordered College Hoops 2K8 and am waiting to get the game in the mail.

I'm wondering if you can upgrade your Stadium/Arena, if the Stadiums/Arenas are accurate, if they have a decent variety of Stadium/Arenas in the game??

I plan on taking "bad teams" and bringing them up...I always do this on all games. I enjoy building bad teams up and making them "powers."

Having said that, I know it depends on what type of O and D I like to play, but can you guys suggest any Teams with cool logos/jerseys/Stadium/Arenas that would be good to build up??

Thanks everyone. I'm sure this stuff may have been asked 10,000 times already. I just joined this website though.

Thanks again.

Last edited by BoiseBulldawg34; 03-19-2011 at 07:17 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-19-2011, 07:31 PM   #2
MVP

jbrew2411's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: Hey Guys...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoiseBulldawg34
Hey Guys, I recently ordered College Hoops 2K8 and am waiting to get the game in the mail.

I'm wondering if you can upgrade your Stadium/Arena, if the Stadiums/Arenas are accurate, if they have a decent variety of Stadium/Arenas in the game??

I plan on taking "bad teams" and bringing them up...I always do this on all games. I enjoy building bad teams up and making them "powers."

Having said that, I know it depends on what type of O and D I like to play, but can you guys suggest any Teams with cool logos/jerseys/Stadium/Arenas that would be good to build up??

Thanks everyone. I'm sure this stuff may have been asked 10,000 times already. I just joined this website though.

Thanks again.
I don't know a whole lot about what you can and can't edit for each school. I do know you can fully edit players and coaching staffs. The game offers 2 types of legacy modes. The first is an "open" mode where you can choose any school to play with. You can become that schools coach or create your own but you keep the original coaches stats. You also get to max out your coaches ratings from day one. You can edit every player inside the mode.
The second mode is a "closed" mode. In this mode you create a coach (stats start new vs taking on another coaches stats) then pick your school from a list of low level schools. This is where you are tested. You have to build the team up all while building your coach up. This is the mode I play. I like becoming the coach and building my career but don't want to have it all given to me from the start. I feel this mode makes building a school up more rewarding. In this mode you can edit you players in all areas but ratings.

This game offers hours/days/weeks/months/years of fun. I have been playing it since I first got it when the game came out. I just had my 360 die but found it at a near by Game Stop for the PS3. I love this game. My wife tells me all the time I should play a newer game but I don't see a point. There is not a newer game that offers the same caliber of legacy mode as 2k8.
Old 03-19-2011, 07:32 PM   #3
MVP

VandyRedskins21's Arena

OVR: 18

I see you are a Boise fan so here a couple west coast schools you might be interested in:
  1. UC Davis (The Aggies are a very popular career legacy team on here. Check em out.)
  2. Western Illinois (I know they aren't west coast but they have a pretty nice gym)
  3. Texas State
  4. UC Riverside
  5. Sacramento State (They don't have the flashiest gym but it is a small gym that is compact, similair to Cameron Indoor in a way)
Those are just a couple of schools. I don't know which rosters you intend to use so I'm not sure which schools will be available to you in the career legacy when you choose your team but those are a couple schools from the default 07-08 rosters.
Old 03-19-2011, 08:22 PM   #4
Banned

BoiseBulldawg34's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrew2411
I don't know a whole lot about what you can and can't edit for each school. I do know you can fully edit players and coaching staffs. The game offers 2 types of legacy modes. The first is an "open" mode where you can choose any school to play with. You can become that schools coach or create your own but you keep the original coaches stats. You also get to max out your coaches ratings from day one. You can edit every player inside the mode.
The second mode is a "closed" mode. In this mode you create a coach (stats start new vs taking on another coaches stats) then pick your school from a list of low level schools. This is where you are tested. You have to build the team up all while building your coach up. This is the mode I play. I like becoming the coach and building my career but don't want to have it all given to me from the start. I feel this mode makes building a school up more rewarding. In this mode you can edit you players in all areas but ratings.

This game offers hours/days/weeks/months/years of fun. I have been playing it since I first got it when the game came out. I just had my 360 die but found it at a near by Game Stop for the PS3. I love this game. My wife tells me all the time I should play a newer game but I don't see a point. There is not a newer game that offers the same caliber of legacy mode as 2k8.
Thanks man. That's cool about the modes. In closed, do you have to move up, or can you stay with the school once you start building it up??

Thanks again.
Old 03-19-2011, 08:27 PM   #5
Banned

BoiseBulldawg34's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrew2411

Quote:
Originally Posted by VandyRedskins21
I see you are a Boise fan so here a couple west coast schools you might be interested in:
  1. UC Davis (The Aggies are a very popular career legacy team on here. Check em out.)
  2. Western Illinois (I know they aren't west coast but they have a pretty nice gym)
  3. Texas State
  4. UC Riverside
  5. Sacramento State (They don't have the flashiest gym but it is a small gym that is compact, similair to Cameron Indoor in a way)
Those are just a couple of schools. I don't know which rosters you intend to use so I'm not sure which schools will be available to you in the career legacy when you choose your team but those are a couple schools from the default 07-08 rosters.
Thanks, bro. Even though I like Boise State, I'm actually open to any Squad. I'm also from Massachusetts, so I have no preference to any location.

I was thinking about even trying to bring UMass back to their Mid-Late 90's winning ways.

Maybe I can get Camby and Calipari back?? Haha...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-19-2011, 08:43 PM   #6
Banned

BoiseBulldawg34's Arena

Re: College Hoops 2K8 Questions

Also, how does it work in NCAA Basketball??

Isn't there some Pre-Season Tourney, Regular Season, Conference Tourney, then NIT/NCAA Tourney if you make it??

If I'm correct, that's a lot of games for just 1 Season...I could handle Regular Season, Conference, then Tourney Time if I make it...but doing a Pre-Season Tourney on top of it would make it overkill.

I'm sure the Pre-Season plays into what you're ranked and all, right??
Old 03-19-2011, 09:53 PM   #7
MVP

VandyRedskins21's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoiseBulldawg34
Also, how does it work in NCAA Basketball??

Isn't there some Pre-Season Tourney, Regular Season, Conference Tourney, then NIT/NCAA Tourney if you make it??

If I'm correct, that's a lot of games for just 1 Season...I could handle Regular Season, Conference, then Tourney Time if I make it...but doing a Pre-Season Tourney on top of it would make it overkill.

I'm sure the Pre-Season plays into what you're ranked and all, right??
When you say preseason, all that is is the regular season. A pre-season tourney is a part of the "regular" or non-conference part of the season. Pre-Season tourneys are just little 4-8 team tournaments that teams go to play. It isn't really a big deal and you don't have to play any of those tournaments.
Old 03-19-2011, 10:03 PM   #8
Banned

BoiseBulldawg34's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by VandyRedskins21
When you say preseason, all that is is the regular season. A pre-season tourney is a part of the "regular" or non-conference part of the season. Pre-Season tourneys are just little 4-8 team tournaments that teams go to play. It isn't really a big deal and you don't have to play any of those tournaments.
Nah, I understand OOC Play before Conference Play begins. I understand that it's all the Regular Season.

The reason I brought this up is because I remember the last NCAA Game I bought was EA's NCAA Basketball '05 or '06...in that game, they had the Maui Invitational Tourney (if I remember correctly), and you had to play that, then do your Regular Season, then Conference Tourney, then if you made NIT/NCAA Tourney of course.

Do you know if the Arenas are accurate, or are they just fake 2K Arenas??

Thanks for all your help and information.

-BoiseBulldawg34

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games > College Hoops 2K »