Home

getting promoted in RTTS

This is a discussion on getting promoted in RTTS within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-16-2011, 07:52 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 6
getting promoted in RTTS

over 313 AB's with my RTTS player my stats are

.387 avg 23 HR's 82 RBI's 1.152 OPS over 313 AB's.

I'm still in AA. No promotion. it's getting tiring when they keep telling me they don't have a spot open even though I'm ready. i recently got traded from the a's to the phillies and I'm a 1st baseman. being behind ryan howard is one thing but they won't even move me to AAA. i've been with them for about a month now.

i requested a position change, no luck either. anyone have any suggestions?

i know someone will ask how I put up such awesome stats. i play on all-star hitting difficulty, zone hitting.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-16-2011, 09:11 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 1
Re: getting promoted in RTTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrightnreyes
over 313 AB's with my RTTS player my stats are

.387 avg 23 HR's 82 RBI's 1.152 OPS over 313 AB's.

I'm still in AA. No promotion. it's getting tiring when they keep telling me they don't have a spot open even though I'm ready. i recently got traded from the a's to the phillies and I'm a 1st baseman. being behind ryan howard is one thing but they won't even move me to AAA. i've been with them for about a month now.

i requested a position change, no luck either. anyone have any suggestions?

i know someone will ask how I put up such awesome stats. i play on all-star hitting difficulty, zone hitting.
I got bad news my friend. I ripped up the minors for TWO WHOLE YEARS before I got my shot. But once I move up it was to stay. If you want my advice use the time to hone your skills! TRUST ME! Once you move up, you will MISS AAA REALLY BAD at first!
I have not heard of anyone getting moved up to MLB before 2 years yet, unless it was on an injury. Just be patient
Old 03-16-2011, 09:17 PM   #3
Pro

OVR: 9

It goes by stats AND ratings.

Consider that rating in the 60s are considered "F Level".

There's no way that you don;t have multiple ratings still in the 40s, which is the game is going to consider "Gawd awful".

My guy was having a "player of the year" season before an ACL injury put him out for the year. The end of the year review talked about him as if he was the trashiest player around.

I agree with the poster above, use the AA to increase your ratings as much as possible, otherwise the game will continue to view the player as being "not that good" even if the stats are very good.
Old 03-16-2011, 09:20 PM   #4
Blowing bubbles

Cpre5's Arena

OVR: 17

End of season one I got moved up to AAA, league leader and all-star. Spent 2nd season in AAA, got starting job in the show in spring training year 3. Keep at it, you'll get the call
Old 03-16-2011, 09:46 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 0

does it usually take 2 years cuz i really want to work on my attributes before i get to the Show, so i can be successful right away and hopefully win ROY.

im a 3B/OF i want to be a Evan Longoria/Josh Hamilton type of player and be a gold glover

want to have:
.310-.330 AVG
30-40 HR
100+ RBI
and a Gold Glove

any tips?
NBA: Toronto Raptors

Gamertag: XxYouRSavioRxX
PSN: Avsfan192(add me im new to PSN)

Currently Playing: NHL 11(360), MLB 11(PS3), Assassins Creed: Brotherhood(360)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-16-2011, 09:47 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 6

I created my 1B with great strength so I have major power. I also slided my ratings to having a better glove rather then big arm.

So basically my speed sucks, my fielding ratings are good, but my arm strength sucks. I guess I should improve those more often.

I'm just kind of concerned about Ryan Howard being the Phils 1st baseman. I requested a position change to LF. They said they need me at 1B.
Old 03-16-2011, 09:49 PM   #7
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrightnreyes
I created my 1B with great strength so I have major power. I also slided my ratings to having a better glove rather then big arm.

So basically my speed sucks, my fielding ratings are good, but my arm strength sucks. I guess I should improve those more often.

I'm just kind of concerned about Ryan Howard being the Phils 1st baseman. I requested a position change to LF. They said they need me at 1B.
Perhaps they are planning on moving Howard(trade)?
I don't know if the A.I. is thinking like that...but... maybe!

M.K.
Knight165
Old 03-16-2011, 09:57 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avsfan192
does it usually take 2 years cuz i really want to work on my attributes before i get to the Show, so i can be successful right away and hopefully win ROY.

im a 3B/OF i want to be a Evan Longoria/Josh Hamilton type of player and be a gold glover

want to have:
.310-.330 AVG
30-40 HR
100+ RBI
and a Gold Glove

any tips?
Here's my suggestion-only play your ABs but play all the games. It'll take 3-5 minutes per game to do that and you'll get a lot more points. No reasons to turn on baserunning if you're slow and have bad ratings at baserunning. Also, I seemed to get more points if I didn't control fielding. I'd also put points into Discipline-that determines how well you do when the Game AI plays for you(simming).

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »