Home

Will 2k ever add owner mode to the NBA franchise?

This is a discussion on Will 2k ever add owner mode to the NBA franchise? within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-16-2011, 07:34 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 2
Will 2k ever add owner mode to the NBA franchise?

im sure many of you are familiar with owner mode, it has never been on a basketball game. i remember playing owner mode on MLB the show 06 and MVP 2005. i hate baseball games but because of the owner mode
i played half of the season and entire playoffs.

it was very cool to make contracts with TV stations, put price on parking tickets, merchandise, make your own stadium, (on a basketball game you can upgrade locker rooms, VIP areas, seats, new score board and bla bla), deal with payroll, (i know you deal with it on 2k11) but on MVP 2005 if you went under the cap then you didnt get to upgrade your stadium aka put restaurants, add more seats, no money to advertise your merchandise aka jerseys, hats etc etc...

i wanna go back to offline but is so boring. Online is getting old. i can win a game by just spin dunking or just icon passing....enough

Question is will 2k ever add owner mode to the NBA franchise?

Last edited by XxRocky145xX; 03-16-2011 at 07:40 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-17-2011, 02:50 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 9
Re: Will 2k ever add owner mode to the NBA franchise?

I want Custodian Mode. Or maybe Ballboy Mode.
Old 03-18-2011, 05:27 AM   #3
MVP

OVR: 22

quite a good idea guys
2001 Lakers
Old 03-18-2011, 07:35 AM   #4
No Way

demencia_total's Arena

I would like to see "Commissioner Mode" added to 2k12. In this mode, I get to fix the 1985 draft so my hometown team wins the first ever lottery, secretly force the face of the league to retire for a few years after the possibility that he might be involved in a gambling scandal, threaten the player's union before CBA negotiations at every opportunity, change how the game is officiated to give a distinct advantage to the offense, constantly fine one of the owners for being outspoken while ignoring the ridiculous behavior of another who heckles his own players, and lastly, set the price of hot dogs and beer.

But seriously, do most people really want this sort of thing included in their sports games? I know some do, but in all the games that I have seen it included, it adds absolutely nothing to the replayability of the title, unless were talking about vastly complex text-sims. If you're bored of the on-court gameplay, I doubt adding a few sliders to control this sort of thing will reinvigorate your interest in the game.
Old 03-18-2011, 08:12 AM   #5
Pro

ffpp's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by demencia_total
I would like to see "Commissioner Mode" added to 2k12. In this mode, I get to fix the 1985 draft so my hometown team wins the first ever lottery, secretly force the face of the league to retire for a few years after the possibility that he might be involved in a gambling scandal, threaten the player's union before CBA negotiations at every opportunity, change how the game is officiated to give a distinct advantage to the offense, constantly fine one of the owners for being outspoken while ignoring the ridiculous behavior of another who heckles his own players, and lastly, set the price of hot dogs and beer.

But seriously, do most people really want this sort of thing included in their sports games? I know some do, but in all the games that I have seen it included, it adds absolutely nothing to the replayability of the title, unless were talking about vastly complex text-sims. If you're bored of the on-court gameplay, I doubt adding a few sliders to control this sort of thing will reinvigorate your interest in the game.
Yes, this.
There are still enough things lacking in the actual gameplay, please don't divert any efforts to somewhat unnecessary fluff as this.

Although I would say that MyPlayer mode could be spiced up a little by adding some arbitrary options of spending your money. Just to give you a bit more motivation of running after the money in the league
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-18-2011, 08:44 AM   #6
Rookie

Golds's Arena

OVR: 3

I love owner mode, but I'm waiting for it to become more impactful. This meaning, all the decisions and purchases actually have a visible effect on the team. Buying more stadium seating is the only one that you can actually see make an impact since you can see the attendance go up and more money from ticket sales. But anything like buying faster transportation, new facilities, and stadium upgrades really don't show in your franchise. I would love to see things like if you buy a rehab facility, either your trainer's attributes get a +XX amount of points added or your players injury ratings increase visibly. Or even as far as having upgraded stadium lighting, sound systems, and scoreboards implemented in the gameplay. If you buy a state of the art sound system, the music and PA could sound better or if you buy new lighting...lighting looks different. The build a stadium feature has always had restrictions, which I hope some day will allow you to do pretty much anything you want to a new stadium, with a direct relationship with how much money the city has given you and the amount of money that's in your budget. So if you have $500 million to spend on a stadium, you can build whatever the hell you want, as long as it meets the money.

Of course this is just what I hope to see some day
Old 03-18-2011, 12:23 PM   #7
Banned

NBA SIM CITY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I want to play as Sacramento Mayor Kevin Johnson and try to keep The Kings in town.

I dont care about practicing on my Post Game.
Old 03-18-2011, 12:28 PM   #8
Marvel's Finest

JBH3's Arena

OVR: 48

I think this topic was a good one, but was degraded by all the incessant scarcasm. Good job guys...

Loved Owner Mode on MVP05, and also loved it on Madden (Past Gen). Madden was cool because if you didn't win, and earn the needed revenue you would put your team in the red and possibly forfeit ownership, only being able to select from a few teams - mainly small market bottom dwellers.

This needs to be back IMO.

Last edited by JBH3; 03-18-2011 at 12:31 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »