Home

Use for throw cancelling?

This is a discussion on Use for throw cancelling? within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-15-2011, 09:05 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
Use for throw cancelling?

My friend and I play a lot of games head to head every year. This year the games are close until one inning every game when he makes a throwing error (on analog throwing), usually multiple throws in 1 play. I read the threads about what throw cancelling is for, but any time he gets a yellow/red throw, he cancels it. Sometimes, even the 2nd throw is is yellow or red. So my question is throw cancelling intended to be used when you see a poor throw about to happen? I see the other reasons for it but I don't see this addressed. In real life, you don't know a throw is really going to be poor until it is sailing over the targets head. Is he just fudging the throw twice or is there something else involved? All I could think of is either a) the throw was going to be bad the first time so it's still bad.. However technically he is resetting the throw. or b) since it was cancelled the next throw has to be rushed so you need to be even more precise with your target, or just the fact it's rushed makes it a bad throw.
Knock on wood (*knocks*) I think I've made 0 throwing errors in all my games played, even the computer makes at least 1 a game. So is the problem just user error or are there different game mechanics involved when canceling/reloading? It could be just that he's not loading the throw at the right time or something because the throws aren't yellow/red because he's throwing it with too much juice. usually even with just the 1 ring on routine plays to first. we did a fantasy draft and his fielding is like 3rd. Thoughts?
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »