Home

computer taking out starters too early every game

This is a discussion on computer taking out starters too early every game within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-15-2011, 12:15 AM   #1
Pro

OVR: 7
computer taking out starters too early every game

i realize this has been brought up in the bug section, but just curious if most people are experiencing it and if so would adjusting the pitcher stamina slider fix it somewhat. i am playin the pc version.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-15-2011, 10:36 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: computer taking out starters too early every game

i actually think its pretty good.. sometiems the bullpen pitchers get pulled pretty quick, but its more of a matchup thing i think (which is awesome that they play matchups). Lincecum actually went 8 innings against me and then they brought in wilson and shut me down haha, it was a rough game hitting for me, but his pitch count got up around 90 or so.
Old 03-15-2011, 04:43 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 5

I haven't noticed it being that bad, certainly not as bad as last year. The only time they take a pitcher out before he gets close to his pitch count on my game is when either A) he gets injured, or B) he gets walloped by my offense for more than 5 runs.

In that sense it seems pretty true to life. Unfortunately for the computer option B is happening quite a bit in my Orioles 'chise. That is not true to life
Old 03-15-2011, 04:57 PM   #4
MVP

spit_bubble's Arena

OVR: 27

I've noticed bad AI managing on both extremes, pulling starters too early, and leaving them in when they are getting shelled.

This could be the thing that kills this game for me. We'll see what the next patch does.
Old 03-16-2011, 07:17 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 4

What mode(s) are you guys seeing this in? In my franchise, I am only seeing pitchers getting pulled "too early" when the SP is pitching through a minor injury or when he starts the game with less than full energy. I have also see a few cases of "spot" starters only going 4-5 innings (as they would in real life). For the most part, the SP's have been pulled when at their pitch count limit, or if the game dictates it (3 straight walks or a big inning, etc).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-16-2011, 07:52 PM   #6
Rookie

StLfan72's Arena

OVR: 3

I just had Tim Stauffer go 8 strong innings against me, striking out 9 Cardinals batters, walking 1 and throwing 91 pitches. He was pulled after allowing two hits and left with men on 1st and 3rd. I haven't seen hardly any early hooks yet after about 7 or 8 games. Big improvement from last year's title, I think.

Old 03-16-2011, 08:18 PM   #7
Marvel's Finest

JBH3's Arena

OVR: 48

Should Mark Hendrickson had been pulled in 1 inning and 1 out after surrendering 3 runs and 5 hits in a Spring Training game?

That's all I can relate to 2 games in.
Old 03-16-2011, 08:48 PM   #8
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBH3
Should Mark Hendrickson had been pulled in 1 inning and 1 out after surrendering 3 runs and 5 hits in a Spring Training game?

That's all I can relate to 2 games in.
Depends if it's early or late ST and the pitch count. Roenicke now has the starting pitchers pitching 5 innings for the Brewers. It's been a slow build since the beginning of ST.

Heck, Mark Rodgers just came off an injury and pitched only 1 inning because he was shelled. The Brewers need a #5 for the start of the season and they are sending Rodgers down because he is not where the other starters are.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »