Home

7'5 My Player

This is a discussion on 7'5 My Player within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 03-12-2011, 05:08 PM   #1
MVP

d11king's Arena

OVR: 13
7'5 My Player

Really? Like seriously, what's the point in that. I hate playing a Crew game, and everyone on the opposing team is 7'5. I honestly have no problem with the 7'5 guy cause I realize most people don't know how to play 2K anyway, my problem is, when the 7'5 guy is busting out with iso-motion moves or hitting contested 3 point shots. Not sure how many 7'5 guys have been in the NBA, but of the top of my head, Yao Ming, Shawn Bradley, Manute Bol, Wang Zhi-Zhi, or Ralph Sampson were not able to dribble a ball between their legs (sarcasm) and pull up with stepback 24 footers. 2K really needs to fix this, there is no reason, these guys should have 85 speed and 90 3 pt shots, it totally kills the fun of crew games.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-12-2011, 05:45 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 23
Re: 7'5 My Player

http://www.nba.com/playerfile/arvydas_sabonis/

dude was huge (7'3) and a beast before he got injured. i saw videos of him when he was younger before he came to the NBA. i cant remember if he had handles or not but he could shoot the 3.

your probably right it should be fixed and it makes sense why its so frustrating but it is possible for players that big to do some of those things

NBA - Magic, Kings
NFL - 49ers
Old 03-13-2011, 12:26 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 7

If you a see a 7'5 player out of the PF/C position it's safe to assume that it's either;

a) Uncapped, all the skillpoints are 99.
b) Alternate position hack, I.E., it's a scoring shooting guard with all the scoring shooting guard caps, only 7'5.

Either way, it's hacks.
Old 03-13-2011, 12:37 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by blarg.
http://www.nba.com/playerfile/arvydas_sabonis/

dude was huge (7'3) and a beast before he got injured. i saw videos of him when he was younger before he came to the NBA. i cant remember if he had handles or not but he could shoot the 3.

your probably right it should be fixed and it makes sense why its so frustrating but it is possible for players that big to do some of those things
Old Avy Sabonis from the jailblazers days yeah he could shoot nd all, his handles were good for a big man but he wasnt crossin anybody out. Wasnt to fast by the time he got to the nba but lookin at his build and athleticism he wouldnt of been that much quicker when he was younger.

To get an idea of his athletics your looking at a 7'3 center who would rarely dunk
Old 03-13-2011, 04:37 AM   #5
MVP

d11king's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by nry20
If you a see a 7'5 player out of the PF/C position it's safe to assume that it's either;

a) Uncapped, all the skillpoints are 99.
b) Alternate position hack, I.E., it's a scoring shooting guard with all the scoring shooting guard caps, only 7'5.

Either way, it's hacks.

Sigh, that hack is just annoying. I feel like there should be a height limit at 7'1 because the 7'5 thing just won't stop. I mean, the tallest player other than Yao, 7'6 and Big Z, 7'3 is Roy Hibbert maybe, at 7'2 then everyone else is pretty fair, so what's the point of making a 7'5. I feel as if 2K is just making it a Create-A-Player mode online, and it's just really frustrating.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-13-2011, 05:27 AM   #6
Pro

FedExPope's Arena

Don't forget the 99 Draw Foul rating, combined with pumpfake spam that guarantees a basket unless they sit and pump in the paint
Old 03-13-2011, 01:50 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by d11king
Sigh, that hack is just annoying. I feel like there should be a height limit at 7'1 because the 7'5 thing just won't stop. I mean, the tallest player other than Yao, 7'6 and Big Z, 7'3 is Roy Hibbert maybe, at 7'2 then everyone else is pretty fair, so what's the point of making a 7'5. I feel as if 2K is just making it a Create-A-Player mode online, and it's just really frustrating.
Just be happy you're not running into 8'5"s.
Old 03-13-2011, 01:56 PM   #8
Plata o Plomo

iLLosophy's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by FedExPope
Don't forget the 99 Draw Foul rating, combined with pumpfake spam that guarantees a basket unless they sit and pump in the paint
there's a draw foul rating?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »