Home

How Do You Play Your Franchise?

This is a discussion on How Do You Play Your Franchise? within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-10-2011, 11:30 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 9
How Do You Play Your Franchise?

I am wanting to know how you guys play your franchise? I've been a myplayer mode guy and want to dig into the franchise mode. How many games in a season do you play? The 162, 104 or 56? On NBA 2K11, I play a 29 game season. I would like to choose the 162 games but no way I can play all the games.

So do you sim games then? How many games do you play a week? Just the key pitching matchups every week? Play every 3rd game? Play just 1 game a series? Play 1-2 games a week? I mean it would take an eternity to play every game of the season which is why I like the 29 game season in NBA 2K11. I just think that the 56 game season would be too short and not give sim stats.

It's a great game, just wanted some advice!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-10-2011, 11:56 PM   #2
Banned

Sabo's corked Bat's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: How Do You Play Your Franchise?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonmchugh007
I am wanting to know how you guys play your franchise? I've been a myplayer mode guy and want to dig into the franchise mode. How many games in a season do you play? The 162, 104 or 56? On NBA 2K11, I play a 29 game season. I would like to choose the 162 games but no way I can play all the games.

So do you sim games then? How many games do you play a week? Just the key pitching matchups every week? Play every 3rd game? Play just 1 game a series? Play 1-2 games a week? I mean it would take an eternity to play every game of the season which is why I like the 29 game season in NBA 2K11. I just think that the 56 game season would be too short and not give sim stats.

It's a great game, just wanted some advice!
I leave the number of games real, but do simulate.

I usually play one game out of every series, but will play a game if it clutch or I want a certain pitcher to do good, its a rivalry etc. The sim stats seem pretty good this year. Bout to play Fathers Day game and they even announced it and told me to look forward to it in previous games. Same with all the holidays; Mothers Day, Memorial Day etc.

The trade AI is a bit too easy. You can trade away lower rated AAA players and match them up with scrubs on your MLB roster and get some good stuff. I traded Homer Bailey and two mid 60s AAA players for Cole Hamel. When I did the trade though, Cole was 2-4 with them. Now hes 5-4 and about to pitch in the Fathers Day game.

Im like 47-22 or 47-24, cant remember, but I have the number one Power Ranking, right behind the Brew Crew who traile me 4 games in the NL Central.

If I played all 162 games plus playoffs game, Id probably only play one or two years, opposed to 5-6+.

Last edited by Sabo's corked Bat; 03-11-2011 at 12:04 AM.
Old 03-11-2011, 12:06 AM   #3
Pro

OVR: 9

Thanks! I may try the 1 game per series thing and sim the other 2. Or if it's a key pitching matchup play a 2nd game and sim. I just need a team to play with. Favorite team is the Indians but they stink in the game and I am not very good. Thought about the Reds since they are too from Ohio but I was thinking about sticking with the American League.
Old 03-11-2011, 01:04 AM   #4
MVP

Tweeg's Arena

OVR: 12

I play 162 games. I play 1 and then sim 5 games. This will let you rotate through all of your pitchers. You will end up around 30 games played per season which is a big enough size for your performance to have some outcome on the success of the team.
Old 03-11-2011, 02:14 AM   #5
Banned

Sabo's corked Bat's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonmchugh007
Thanks! I may try the 1 game per series thing and sim the other 2. Or if it's a key pitching matchup play a 2nd game and sim. I just need a team to play with. Favorite team is the Indians but they stink in the game and I am not very good. Thought about the Reds since they are too from Ohio but I was thinking about sticking with the American League.
You can use the Indians since trades are easy to do. You can get young, good players that can help out now, by trading away some of your prospects. I was able to get Elvis Andrus for Renteria and two AAA prospects. I traded Bailey, Bray and Cordero for Soria. Phillies gave away Hamels for a bunch of prospects too. Now my Reds are trully over powered. Yet the Brewers are only 4.5 games back.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-11-2011, 03:35 AM   #6
Rookie

ridemooses's Arena

OVR: 8

I'm pretty addicted to my Fantasy drafted team with the Mariners lead by Felix Hernandez and Carl Crawford and usually get in at least one game a day. I'm playing a 104 game season and probably plan on playing most of them and now that my sliders are adjusted so offense doesn't rule the game it's really fun.

If you get a chance check out the fantasy draft it's pretty cool being to assemble your own team. I typically went for guys that had a lot of upside (up-trends and high potentials) and mostly youth. I simulated after about the 30th round because it was getting a bit boring but I would suggest looking for Larry Harper (supposedly Bryce Harper of the Nats) he's currently like a 51 overall and 1 star but has a 5 star potential and is trending straight up. I gave up Gavin Floyd and another minor league pitcher for him but I was pretty solid on pitching anyways so it was worth it.

Can't wait to see what my team can develop into.
Old 03-11-2011, 11:56 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tweeg
I play 162 games. I play 1 and then sim 5 games. This will let you rotate through all of your pitchers. You will end up around 30 games played per season which is a big enough size for your performance to have some outcome on the success of the team.
Every baseball game I have owned, I do the exact same thing Tweeg does. It prevents my abilities (good or bad) from skewing the stats, especially for pitchers. It also enables me to go through multiple seasons. Unfortunately, I haven't been happy with any game since HighHeat and MVP, but it sounds like this may be the first 2K baseball game where I get multiple years into the franchise. I sure hope so. Still gathering feedback before I buy though.
Old 03-11-2011, 11:59 AM   #8
binging

SPTO's Arena

OVR: 53

I will be playing every game though I might skip a few games during parts of the schedule where it seems like i'm playing the same teams over and over again. (Blah at unbalanced schedule!)

"Baseball is the most important thing that doesn't matter at all" - Robert B. Parker

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »