Home

Old 03-10-2011, 07:32 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
CPU vs CPU

Anyone have a good set of these sliders? I know its early but wanted to see if anyone has or been working on them... Thanks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-10-2011, 07:55 PM   #2
Rookie

DaiYoung's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: CPU vs CPU

Have played 35 games CPU vs CPU all at default settings to get a feel for what needs altering.

I'm going to get to 50 games before I change anything but so far I've seen a few too many extra base hits, not enough SB attempts and not quite enough errors. HBP are also way down this year compared to '10, have only seen five in 35 games - that might not be fixable. Other than that, default is good: K/BB totals are spot on, WP are fine, steal success rate is fixed from last year.

One slider that I am very likely to turn down is the wind effect slider. It appears that there are too many games with a strong wind and also the wind has too much effect on fly balls. Of the 35 games I've played, 8 have featured outward winds of 15mph or greater. In those 8 games there have been 39 home runs hit, way above the MLB average. From what I've read, in real life the wind doesn't have that much impact.

Good news for CPU vs CPU fans is that the bullpen logic has been reworked successfully. You won't now see teams trot out the same reliever game after game. Also good news is that outfield errors do now occur which wasn't the case last year. I even saw Xavier Nady make two errors in one game whilst in LF.
Old 03-10-2011, 08:10 PM   #3
td7
Rookie

OVR: 4

Sounds good, keep us updated with your progress. Have you noticed the computer swinging alot at the first pitch? It seems to happen quite often.
Old 03-10-2011, 08:15 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 1

Cool...Let me know how you make out with them.... I'm a cpu vs cpu guy myself....
Old 03-10-2011, 08:20 PM   #5
Permanently Banned

nomo17k's Arena

OVR: 38

I'll be trying to do my own slider adjustment and now starting with CPU vs CPU purely based on stats. I'll update a thread in this subforum soon as I rack up enough stats for an initial impression, so please feel free to add feedback.

So far, so good, though the offense numbers and BB/K seems a bit off...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-10-2011, 11:25 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 10

I do wish that MOM was on exhibition mode. If you watch cpu v cpu on exhibition mode you are forced to watch the broadcast fielding angle. I prefer medium or high. Another thing is it would be nice on MOM or cpu mode when using the broadcast camera for hitting if there was a delay once the batter made contact before the camera switched. If that happened, I could enjoy that cam angle better
Old 03-11-2011, 03:38 AM   #7
MVP

Ninjoid's Arena

OVR: 16

Be interested to see what you've got Dai....I've been using my sliders from last year and there's something not quite right, can't put my finger on it yet.

But certainly be good to see what you've got...I think between us last year we had some pretty good ones.
Old 03-11-2011, 06:15 AM   #8
Rookie

DaiYoung's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjoid
Be interested to see what you've got Dai....I've been using my sliders from last year and there's something not quite right, can't put my finger on it yet.

But certainly be good to see what you've got...I think between us last year we had some pretty good ones.
Hello Ninjoid. Yep last year we got it about right. I was still playing until about a month before this year's game came out, played about half a full season. I have too much time on my hands.

It's an even better game for CPU vs CPU fans this year. The team specific broadcast cams add a lot, love the low down angle in Oakland and the straight behind the pitcher view in St Louis.

Just to expand on the bullpen usage improvements, I just finished the opening four game series between KC and The The Angels Angels of Anaheim (LA swept the series). KC used every member of it's 'pen at least once in the series and nobody pitched in all four games. In game four, with the Royals getting blown out, they even trotted out the closer, Soria, in the 8th to give him a bit of work. Really nicely done and a huge improvement on last year.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Sliders »