Home

Can We Have a "Tennis" Heading, Please.

This is a discussion on Can We Have a "Tennis" Heading, Please. within the Tennis forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Tennis
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-08-2011, 10:13 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Can We Have a "Tennis" Heading, Please.

Tennis is a relatively popular sport - a very popular sport in other countries. Granted, it's not completely mainstream, but surely it's deserving of it's own forum board.

Top Spin 4 will be huge - and I don't think it should be buried under "All Other Sports." The "All Other Sports" board should be reserved for curling, ping pong and badminton. Yes?

Any hope of this happening, that is, giving "Tennis" it's own forum home at Operation Sports.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-09-2011, 09:38 PM   #2
Rookie

josef's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Can We Have a "Tennis" Heading, Please.

i agree. let's do this!
Old 03-11-2011, 02:54 PM   #3
CMH
Making you famous

CMH's Arena

OVR: 46

The reason I believe it is as it is now is because there is generally very little tennis talk on the board.

Right now, you're seeing quite a lot of posts because two Tennis games are releasing, but before that, no one talked about Tennis.

The most we see here are single threads dedicated to the Grand Slam Tournaments when they are on. I'm not sure that activity warrants a forum for the sport.

I'm sure if the activity was high enough, Tennis would get its own forum. As of now, there just isn't enough activity.
"It may well be that we spectators, who are not divinely gifted as athletes, are the only ones able to truly see, articulate and animate the experience of the gift we are denied. And that those who receive and act out the gift of athletic genius must, perforce, be blind and dumb about it -- and not because blindness and dumbness are the price of the gift, but because they are its essence." - David Foster Wallace

"You'll not find more penny-wise/pound-foolish behavior than in Major League Baseball." - Rob Neyer
Old 03-13-2011, 01:39 AM   #4
MVP

bigball12's Arena

OVR: 12

I would think that a 'Tennis' heading should be added.
Old 03-14-2011, 01:18 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 1

More people would talk tennis if there was a dedicated forum for tennis. Kind of absurd that there isn't - especially with Top Spin 4 on the way.

So, what do you say OS?? Tennis forum, please.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-15-2011, 01:30 PM   #6
MVP

sportdan30's Arena

OVR: 13

Agree...this is long overdue!
Old 03-15-2011, 04:43 PM   #7
CMH
Making you famous

CMH's Arena

OVR: 46

I hate to sound like I'm just dropping a company line here, but you guys have to prove it.

The Indian Wells ATP tournament is going on right now and yet, not a mention of it in this forum.

The other forums have activity. Lots of it. Tennis still has none besides Top Spin 4.
"It may well be that we spectators, who are not divinely gifted as athletes, are the only ones able to truly see, articulate and animate the experience of the gift we are denied. And that those who receive and act out the gift of athletic genius must, perforce, be blind and dumb about it -- and not because blindness and dumbness are the price of the gift, but because they are its essence." - David Foster Wallace

"You'll not find more penny-wise/pound-foolish behavior than in Major League Baseball." - Rob Neyer
Old 03-15-2011, 04:53 PM   #8
All Star

rangerrick012's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMH
I hate to sound like I'm just dropping a company line here, but you guys have to prove it.

The Indian Wells ATP tournament is going on right now and yet, not a mention of it in this forum.

The other forums have activity. Lots of it. Tennis still has none besides Top Spin 4.
To be fair, the same argument could be made for Golf. Outside of the TW games, little to no golf talk goes on and the Golf forums often go unused unless it's for TW talk. I did see a thread last year for the Masters, but don't recall one for any of the other 3 majors or the other major golf events (WGC, Tour Championship, etc.)

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Tennis »