Home

MLB2K11 - Bug/Glitch Discussion Thread

This is a discussion on MLB2K11 - Bug/Glitch Discussion Thread within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 03-08-2011, 08:55 AM   #1
Pro

ChiTownKid's Arena

OVR: 10
MLB2K11 - Bug/Glitch Discussion Thread

Moderators Note: Please use this thread (and only this thread) to discuss all possible bugs/glitches you may find in the game.

Thanks!

-Staff

Has the day-one patch fixed this issue? If it has, I'm buying it when I get off of work. If it hasn't, I'm not.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by Pared; 03-08-2011 at 10:27 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-08-2011, 09:19 AM   #2
Banned

OVR: 7
Re: Is the HR/Out bug fixed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiTownKid
Has the day-one patch fixed this issue? If it has, I'm buying it when I get off of work. If it hasn't, I'm not.

Thanks in advance.

There is a poster on the impressions thread that stated it happened to him last night after he got the game. But he did not say he if he downloaded the patch

I heard the patch was out early yesterday so unless he has no internet, I would think he did and that is bad bad news
Old 03-08-2011, 09:30 AM   #3
Banned

kpkpkp's Arena

OVR: 13

Yeah this scares me too. I am seeing several people mention things that make me nervous;

-Vacuum gloves. (I have seen this too in the demo.)
-Caught HR's counting as both and out and HR bug. I thought day1 patch fixed this??
-Jaggies still there.
-A guy in the impressions thread said he played a full game in his franchise, and his guys still had 100% fatigue afterwards in spite of them having played a full game. There was a similar bug last year.

I have a feeling I should avoid this game for now... If a few bugs have already been noticed in the first 8 hours... who knows how many more bugs havent been discovered yet. Lord knows I have no faith in 2K to find/fix bugs. As a rule I assume every 2K baseball game will have bugs that wont be fixed.
Old 03-08-2011, 09:34 AM   #4
The Man!

sroz39's Arena

OVR: 14

Out of all the little oddities and whatnot that I'm reading about in the Impressions and Demo threads, THIS is the only glitch that upsets me. Still not a dealbreaker for me, as I was going to play exhibition games until Opening Day rosters were out, so I'm hoping that's enough time to whip together another patch to fix this (along with other things like names on the back of jerseys that shouldn't have them etc).

I never experienced the glitch in the demo myself but I'm not doubting it's existence as so many of you have seen it. My fingers are crossed that a) the poster who mentioned it happened to him with the retail copy DIDN'T download the day one patch or b) more likely, they release a patch soon to rectify the problem. I'm sure this will get patched at some point, it's just that 2K doesn't always do these things in a timely manner.
Old 03-08-2011, 09:35 AM   #5
The Man!

sroz39's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpkpkp
Yeah this scares me too. I am seeing several people mention things that make me nervous;

-Vacuum gloves. (I have seen this too in the demo.)
-Caught HR's counting as both and out and HR bug. I thought day1 patch fixed this??
-Jaggies still there.
-A guy in the impressions thread said he played a full game in his franchise, and his guys still had 100% fatigue afterwards in spite of them having played a full game. There was a similar bug last year.

I have a feeling I should avoid this game for now... If a few bugs have already been noticed in the first 8 hours... who knows how many more bugs havent been discovered yet. Lord knows I have no faith in 2K to find/fix bugs. As a rule I assume every 2K baseball game will have bugs that wont be fixed.
Saw this after my post above. I'm wondering if the fatigue went back to 100% because some teams' first series of the season will have a game followed by a day off followed by the rest of the series.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-08-2011, 09:48 AM   #6
MVP

sarlndr's Arena

OVR: 6

I have 2K 11 for the PS3. I'm playing as the Indians and Choo is up to bat with the bases loaded. I end up hitting one to deep right field and score two runs. When my next batter comes to the plate the bases were still loaded, lol.

I had to do a double take and make sure what I saw was correct and it was. I haven't seen the HR thing yet.
Old 03-08-2011, 09:57 AM   #7
Sports Game Junkie!!!

Jordanfan23's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarlndr
I have 2K 11 for the PS3. I'm playing as the Indians and Choo is up to bat with the bases loaded. I end up hitting one to deep right field and score two runs. When my next batter comes to the plate the bases were still loaded, lol.

I had to do a double take and make sure what I saw was correct and it was. I haven't seen the HR thing yet.
WOW, please tell me this is not commonplace!! Who tests these games for 2K, tee ball players??? RPG players?
Old 03-08-2011, 10:10 AM   #8
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarlndr

Sweet! Sounds like my kind of game, hope i get that lucky.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »