Home

Here are the features for MLB 11: The Show (PSP)

This is a discussion on Here are the features for MLB 11: The Show (PSP) within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-07-2011, 06:38 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Here are the features for MLB 11: The Show (PSP)

Edit: I went to the Gamestop and looked at the the PSP version of MLB 11 The Show. It only has adhoc only. Of what I saw in the the back of the box, it looks to be the same as last year, but just with updated players for this year. Didn't buy it yet. Just purchased the PS3 version for now. I guess, for major improvement to the game will happen next year with the new PSP2. Only one can hope. Please, if you purchased the PSP version of MLB11: The Show, please give us a review.

Thanks.

Look at the first item, Player Vault. I wonder if we will have roster updates after all. Only one can hope. Upload to a community can't be done in Adhoc, which means there has to be some sort of infrastructure. At least I hope that is what it means. We will see tomorrow. Once someone picks up MLB 11 The Show for PSP, please let us know.

I saw this over at IGN, giving the features for:
MLB 11: The Show PSP

• Player Vault -- Now users can upload a single player, outside of a full roster, for others in the The Show community to download, use, and rate.
  • In-Game Bottom Ticker -- Keep tabs on all the action during your Major League season with the addition of The Show's new in-game bottom ticker. You'll now get score updates of games in progress, pitching matchups for games yet to start that day, and final score results highlighting win/loss/save info and notable offensive performances. Additionally, you'll be able to set the ticker to display Friend Updates, so you can keep up with what your friends are up to in The Show.
  • New Presentations -- The Show continues to add to an already expansive presentation base by adding more ways to accurately mirror real-life broadcasts. This year, watch for new pitch-by-pitch sequences that look back at, say, all seven pitches in an at-bat that led to a walk, or a montage of a pitcher's last six strikeouts.
  • Stadium Specific Jumbotrons -- Each stadium's Jumbotron board and out of town scoreboard is displayed exactly as seen in each MLB stadium.
  • Retooled Fielder Ratings -- Improved fielder ratings make defensive substitutions play an even larger role within gameplay. Leave your DH in the outfield and risk having his shaky glove in the outfield! This year you'll see an even larger separation in performance by Gold Glovers versus those players less known for their fielding prowess.
  • Slider Vault -- Gives users the ability to create their perfect game settings by adjusting game sliders.
  • Mascots -- Every team mascot is available, performing signature moves during each game to pump up the crowd and rally the team.
  • Pitch Grips -- MLB 11 The Show details various pitch grips and arm angles that a pitcher has when throwing each pitch. 17 different pitch types including four fastball variations (four-seam, two-seam, cutter, split), six breaking pitches (10-4 curve, 12-6 curve, slider, sinker, slurve, screwball), four change-ups (straight, circle change, palmball, forkball), and three specialty pitches (knuckle, knuckle-curve, and gyro).
  • Roster Vault -- The Roster Vault gives users the ability to create their perfect roster offline by adjusting player attributes, appearance, accessories, etc.
  • Unrivaled Player Creator -- An infinite amount of options for creating players. You can adjust your personal rituals, swings -- even emotions as you create mini-you.
  • MLB Player Motion Captures -- Authentically captured motions from dozens of professional athletes including Joe Mauer, Dustin Pedroia, David Wright, Ryan Howard, and more. This is on top of the hundreds of accurate personalized pitching deliveries and batting stances.
  • Umpire Personalities -- Each umpire will have his own definition of the strike zone, and it's up to the gamer to figure out if the umpire is calling the zone high, low, or giving the corners.

Here is the link:

http://psp.ign.com/objects/095/095026.html

Go to the features area.

Last edited by dfine1966; 03-08-2011 at 11:22 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-07-2011, 10:15 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 6
Lightbulb Re: Here are the features for MLB 11: The Show (PSP)

I'll be purchasing this as soon as it hits PSN.

Thought about ditching the show for 2K11(PC), but I don't want to stress my laptop. I need it to last for work. The Show PSP seems good enough to get the job done.

Here's hoping MLB 12 (NGP) is a major step forward...
Old 03-07-2011, 10:18 PM   #3
Rookie

Re: Here are the features for MLB 11: The Show (PSP)

I'm sorry but those look like the PS3 features. Stadium specific jumbotrons? In-game ticker? Doesn't sound like PSP to me.
Old 03-07-2011, 10:23 PM   #4
Rookie

I think it is PSP, actually.

I finally noticed, when you go to The Show's website and look at the feature list, subtract every feature that doesn't have a (PS3) prefix . . . the five or six that are left are what PS2 and PSP users are looking at.

Remember, it doesn't say those jumbotrons are animated. Just that they got the scoreboard appearance right for each ballpark.
Old 03-07-2011, 10:24 PM   #5
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77

Here are the details, via GS.

http://www.ebgames.com/psp/games/mlb...the-show/89184

The #1 selling, highest rated baseball franchise is back in MLB® 11 The Show. Experience authentic MLB® baseball with AI improvements, updated rosters, new stadiums and personalized batting stances. Perfect your baseball skill, get called up to the Big Leagues and become an MLB® Superstar in the all new Road to the Show.

* AI Improvements for even more realism.
* Become an MLB® Superstar in Road to the Show.
* New Personalized batting stances.
* Ignite old rivalries in Rivalry Mode.
* Updated rosters and new stadiums.
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-07-2011, 10:31 PM   #6
Rookie

Aww, no mascots?

I'll just have to imagine wally the green monster, lounging in his white adirondack chair next to Remy.
Old 03-07-2011, 10:31 PM   #7
Rookie

WatchTheThrone's Arena

OVR: 0

I would buy it if I had the money...

But I spent it all on the PS3 version

Happy Gaming!
Old 03-08-2011, 11:23 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 2

I went to the Gamestop and looked at the the PSP version of MLB 11 The Show. It only has adhoc only. Of what I saw in the the back of the box, it looks to be the same as last year, but just with updated players for this year. Didn't buy it yet. Just purchased the PS3 version for now. I guess, for major improvement to the game will happen next year with the new PSP2. Only one can hope. Please, if you purchased the PSP version of MLB11: The Show, please give us a review.

Thanks.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »