Home

Nascar the Game without wheel

This is a discussion on Nascar the Game without wheel within the Racing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-06-2011, 09:08 PM   #1
Rookie

highcheese's Arena

OVR: 3
Nascar the Game without wheel

Is nascar the game worth getting if you only have a controller and not a steering wheel?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-07-2011, 12:33 AM   #2
Content Creator

bluengold34_OS's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: Nascar the Game without wheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by highcheese
Is nascar the game worth getting if you only have a controller and not a steering wheel?
High, I will only say this........

When I have interviewed any of the development guys, they swear that you can run a good race with a controller. I was also told this for F1 2010 and a wheel was noticeably better though.

My review copy is for the 360, and I really only play that with a controller, but I will play the PS3 copy with my wheel attached to my desk in my office. So I should be able to let you how one compares to the other as we get closer to retail release. Most likely it will be around the 24th/25th when I will have my review copy bro.

Last edited by bluengold34_OS; 03-07-2011 at 08:08 AM.
Old 03-07-2011, 05:35 AM   #3
Rookie

highcheese's Arena

OVR: 3

thanks looking forward to that
Old 03-08-2011, 02:58 PM   #4
Pro

Brew's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluengold34_OS

When I have interviewed any of the development guys, they swear that you can run a good race with a controller. I was also told this for F1 2010 and a wheel was noticeably better though.

My review copy is for the 360, and I really only play that with a controller, but I will play the PS3 copy with my wheel attached to my desk in my office. So I should be able to let you how one compares to the other as we get closer to retail release. Most likely it will be around the 24th/25th when I will have my review copy bro.
What wheel do you use for the 360? Im lookin to get one for this game when it comes out.
Old 03-08-2011, 04:30 PM   #5
MVP

woody2goody's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluengold34_OS

If you're good enough on the pad you can beat most people on F1 2010, and that's actually a GOOD thing about that game.

With NASCAR though, and I think due to the nature of the sport, a wheel should prove beneficial, although I'll probably start off on the pad just to see what it's like.

It's not necessarily whether you can get round the track it's whether you can run in traffic or in a pack without crashing with the pad.

Now Playing FIFA, UFC 4, PGA Tour 2k23, WWE, MLB The Show and Dirt Rally 2.0
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-08-2011, 06:36 PM   #6
Go Irish

Rules's Arena

OVR: 17

I can see the back of the car fishing more with a controller. I am willing to bet it will be very twitchy and will most likely loose tire grip on the higher settings.

I have a G27 but it only makes sense the car will be smoother with a wheel than with a controller.
Old 03-09-2011, 07:54 AM   #7
Pro

Brew's Arena

OVR: 9

EAs NASCAR games were really bad using a controller on the harder levels especially in traffic and IMO that was one of its biggest downfalls... Hopefully this game is realistic but driveable on the sticks.
What steering wheel do you guys suggest getting for a 360?
Old 03-10-2011, 09:58 AM   #8
Phenom

seasprite's Arena

OVR: 27

You can notice the "fishtailing" on the latest vid of NTG. He was using a regular controller and you can definitely feel the difference when using one of those especially when you are going into turns 2-3 wide. Would always recommend using a wheel especially when racing NASCAR.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing »