Home

30 team franchisers.

This is a discussion on 30 team franchisers. within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-06-2011, 06:05 PM   #1
Windy City Sports Fan

Gagnon39's Arena

OVR: 25
30 team franchisers.

Can someone please summarize how you run a 30 team franchise where you actually only control 1 team. In other words I want to be able to control (when I need to) lineups and rotations but do not want to control trades (other than with the Cubs) or draft picks, etc. Basically I want to run a 1 team franchise where the CPU does all the things it usually does but still want to be able to control anything if I want to. I think I did this last year but I can't remember how. (settings, etc.).

Streaming on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/gagnon39
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-06-2011, 06:54 PM   #2
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56
Re: 30 team franchisers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gagnon39
Can someone please summarize how you run a 30 team franchise where you actually only control 1 team. In other words I want to be able to control (when I need to) lineups and rotations but do not want to control trades (other than with the Cubs) or draft picks, etc. Basically I want to run a 1 team franchise where the CPU does all the things it usually does but still want to be able to control anything if I want to. I think I did this last year but I can't remember how. (settings, etc.).
When you choose 30 team control....you select all 30 from the main menu when you start....you leave the 29 teams you want the CPU to control to NO PROFILE.....you give the team YOU want to control you specified profile.
In the GLOBAL OPTIONS(this is what the NO PROFILE TEAMS are going to follow)...set everything to CPU except what you want to control(with lineups...the CPU manager will still sub for fatigue).
You don't have to change anything to make changes if you want...simply go to that team page and make the changes...to anything...it overrides the CPU.
One thing...you will not be able to have the CPU do the drafts though....but you can get the CPU suggested pick by hitting the square button at that teams pick screen.

M.K.
Knight165
Old 03-06-2011, 07:52 PM   #3
Windy City Sports Fan

Gagnon39's Arena

Awesome. Isn't there some way to approve/deny trades too? I'd like to keep tabs on that as well. I remmeber a few years ago the Cubs (during my RTTS) had Joe Mauer and Matt Wieters. I want to be sure that things like that don't happen either.

Streaming on Twitch
Old 03-06-2011, 07:58 PM   #4
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gagnon39
Awesome. Isn't there some way to approve/deny trades too? I'd like to keep tabs on that as well. I remmeber a few years ago the Cubs (during my RTTS) had Joe Mauer and Matt Wieters. I want to be sure that things like that don't happen either.
Yes...but that takes a bit of work.
At the conclusion of each day...go into the PENDING TRANSACTIONS page and look at the trade offers...(you must have INSTANT TRADES off...this gives the teams the 3-4 day wait period before hearing an answer)....simply hit X on any trade you don't want to go through...and decline it.
You have to stay on top of this though.

M.K.
Knight165
Old 03-06-2011, 08:19 PM   #5
Windy City Sports Fan

Gagnon39's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
At the conclusion of each day...go into the PENDING TRANSACTIONS page and look at the trade offers...(you must have INSTANT TRADES off...this gives the teams the 3-4 day wait period before hearing an answer)....simply hit X on any trade you don't want to go through...and decline it.

M.K.
Knight165
Awesome stuff. This is the kind of thing that I will stay on top of.

Streaming on Twitch
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-06-2011, 08:46 PM   #6
Banned

steelersfan77's Arena

OVR: 7

I to played with the 30 team control last year and for some reason I'm having a brain block when 30 team control pertained to injuries. I do remember that I had injuries set to MLB only and that no player in the minors would get injured. But what I can't remember is what I did when I player returned from injury. I know there was something that would get lineups out of wack for the AI team if I didn't handle the return from injury thing correctly.

I also want to say I had issues with when a starting pitcher returned from injury and making sure I had the pitcher at the right spot in the rotation. I think the fatigue issue popped up at the MLB level as well as the pitcher being sent back to the minors. Did the pitcher that was called up do to an injury to another player get put back in to the proper spot in the rotation back at the minor league level? What about the AA starter that was called up to the AAA and sent back to AA? I think some of these things confused me in '10.

Things I can't fully remember but I know I struggled to understand. I may have made it tougher that what I needed to. Was there a work around for all of this or did most gamers not pay attention to this?
Old 03-06-2011, 10:55 PM   #7
Rookie

raiderzride4free's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165

M.K.
Knight165
i too do this. its really not hard to keep up with tho. u just gotta remember to check it every day. takes less than a minute if u do it the way i do. just hold down the R2 button and quick scroll thru all the teams. if there is a pending trade u can clearly see it and just stop and go back to that team real quick. im so glad this game has 30 team control. i get used to get so annoyed by some of the trades in the 2k series before my beautiful fiance blessed my 21 birthday with a ps3 in 09
Old 03-09-2011, 08:35 PM   #8
Windy City Sports Fan

Gagnon39's Arena

When I start a franchise all I can do is checkmark each team but I don't see an option to assigne a player profile to the Cubs. What do I need to do?

Streaming on Twitch

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »