Home

Big Time Free Agents

This is a discussion on Big Time Free Agents within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-04-2011, 07:10 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Big Time Free Agents

I posted about this before but its really bugging me. I have played association countless times and I got all the updates but I never see CP3, or Melo (pre-trade), or Dwight Howard as a Free Agent. Now its mostly CP3 / Dwight. They always re-up for 6 years after their option year.

Am I doing something wrong? The best FA ive seen is John Wall after 3 or so seasons then Lebron after like 5-6. Never Cp or Dwight (or anyone of that caliber)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-04-2011, 07:19 PM   #2
Rookie

thedukejr's Arena

Re: Big Time Free Agents

Quote:
Originally Posted by sxe_hxc_amf
I posted about this before but its really bugging me. I have played association countless times and I got all the updates but I never see CP3, or Melo (pre-trade), or Dwight Howard as a Free Agent. Now its mostly CP3 / Dwight. They always re-up for 6 years after their option year.

Am I doing something wrong? The best FA ive seen is John Wall after 3 or so seasons then Lebron after like 5-6. Never Cp or Dwight (or anyone of that caliber)
i have seen melo go to FA twice but it took me restarting it like 6 times. try lowering their role to make them unhappy about playing there like they really are. i haven't tried it yet so i'm not too sure if that will work.
Old 03-04-2011, 07:37 PM   #3
Rookie

I play with player roles off. would that work even with roles off? because I noticed it still has roles if you 'edit player' but not sure if it effects them or not.
Old 03-05-2011, 05:15 AM   #4
Pro

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by sxe_hxc_amf
I play with player roles off. would that work even with roles off? because I noticed it still has roles if you 'edit player' but not sure if it effects them or not.
Nope, it wouldn't work. The reason the guy suggested that is because his morale goes down and he gets pissed off, so he makes sure to leave at the end of the season.
Old 03-05-2011, 09:07 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 3

You could go change their contracts so they have to be a free agent I think
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-05-2011, 03:00 PM   #6
Pro

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider131
You could go change their contracts so they have to be a free agent I think
That's a great idea. Just do what he said and change the contract to have no player option and no second year so he will have to become a free agent. Good idea bud.
Old 03-05-2011, 05:13 PM   #7
Rookie

They would probably just re-up for six years. Thats why they usually do when they are supposed to become free agents.
Old 03-05-2011, 05:37 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 3

Players earn the most money by signing max deals with their current team. They can't make the same amount of money with a new team. This is one of the main reasons why Carmelo wanted a trade and extension rather than signing as a free agent.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »