Home

Early Slider Discussions

This is a discussion on Early Slider Discussions within the MLB The Show Last Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Sliders
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-03-2011, 02:16 PM   #1
MVP

Picci's Arena

OVR: 7
Early Slider Discussions

It seems gameplay is identical to what last years game was. Naturally, final product will determine what changes should be made. One question I have is "fielder speed", specifically in the OF. Last year I lowered it to 1 or 2. Wondering what feedback from other players have regarding this area. Is fielder speed perfect at default?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-05-2011, 07:47 AM   #2
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Early Slider Discussions Based Off Demo

I can proudly say after playing the demo I have officially been sold. I have been playing The Show 2009 since July of 2009 and am in the middle of my 3rd year Yankees franchise. I skipped 2010 and thought I was going to skip 2011.

I can't.

The game has made a giant leap visually from 2009. It really was a revalation as I played the demo. I can only imagine the retail version (and i have been watching the retail version videos and my jaw was on the floor). I am on the fence about analog controls as I love using classic pitching and button zone hitting as well as guess pitch 1/4.

I play The Show with Auto fielding and throwing so I will be developing a Veteran Slider Set for those who play The Show like I do and are looking for more of a sim experience where your player ratings in the field and on the base paths will determine your outcome. With my slider set it is all about the pitcher/batter match-ups and showdowns.

So I look forward to developing a a great base set for players who like a great challenge on the Veteran Level (I know there are plenty of Veteran players out there). I may also make the leap to All-Star and if I do a set will be made for entry level All-Star players.

Tuesday all of a sudden became a great day (The Show and DA2)
NHL25 - Panthers YR1
Star Wars Outlaws

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Old 03-05-2011, 12:21 PM   #3
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47

If the game is anything like last year's, we won't have to make many slider tweaks.

The ONLY changes I made last year were to Pitch Speed (personal preference) and CPU Strike Frequency (only b/c I'm a hacker and need to see more balls clearly out of the zone, although with the new camera angles, I may not have to touch this one).

I left Fielder Run Speed at 5 last year and saw plenty of doubles and a few balls did get over the head of the CPU OF. SCEA changed the OF depth this year, so we will likely see more balls get over the OF's heads, which means I won't have to touch that slider.
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Old 03-05-2011, 04:25 PM   #4
Hoping for change...

PsychoBulk's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ
If the game is anything like last year's, we won't have to make many slider tweaks.
Absolutely.

Anyone who used my sliders last year will notice a massive trend running right through them...that being DEFAULT.

I see this year being much the same if not more so.
Old 03-05-2011, 04:32 PM   #5
True.

Chef Matt's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ
The ONLY changes I made last year were to Pitch Speed (personal preference) and CPU Strike Frequency (only b/c I'm a hacker and need to see more balls clearly out of the zone, although with the new camera angles, I may not have to touch this one).
I made the exact same changes. I lowered pitch speed 2 clicks and k frequency as well for the same reason. Played perfectly for me. Hopefully it's just a few clicks away again this year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-05-2011, 05:46 PM   #6
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

That is great to hear. Hopefully no sliders sets are really needed LOL.

I just never played 10 so I use a pretty great slider set for 2009.

I was fooling around with All-Star default with Classic pitching and zone hitting with guess 1/4.

Had a great 1-0 game.
NHL25 - Panthers YR1
Star Wars Outlaws

Follow me on Twitch
Old 03-06-2011, 02:27 AM   #7
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by chefdad
I made the exact same changes. I lowered pitch speed 2 clicks and k frequency as well for the same reason. Played perfectly for me. Hopefully it's just a few clicks away again this year.
Yep. I'm going to turn Pitch Speed down and leave CPU Strike Frequency at default to start. After a few games, I'll know if I need to touch the other slider or not. Otherwise, I don't plan on changing anything and just having fun playing the game.
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Old 03-06-2011, 07:12 AM   #8
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ

I left Fielder Run Speed at 5 last year and saw plenty of doubles and a few balls did get over the head of the CPU OF. SCEA changed the OF depth this year, so we will likely see more balls get over the OF's heads, which means I won't have to touch that slider.

Do you play on All-Star or Veteran DJ?
NHL25 - Panthers YR1
Star Wars Outlaws

Follow me on Twitch

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Sliders »