Home

Franchise...pros/cons

This is a discussion on Franchise...pros/cons within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 02-26-2011, 02:11 PM   #1
Banned

steelersfan77's Arena

OVR: 7
Franchise...pros/cons

I was thinking about getting this game and was just wondering what some of the pros and cons were in offline franchise.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-26-2011, 02:16 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: Franchise...pros/cons

That's kind of a broad question, what specifically are u looking at for an offline franchise? Offseason Activity? Trades during the season? Player progression/development? Managing staff, game strategies, prospects, and players? gameplay?
Old 02-26-2011, 07:59 PM   #3
Rookie

jwmcards's Arena

OVR: 3

Pretty wide open question, but if you like offline franchises in other games, you should love this one. It's easily one of the best. Granted it would be even better if I could decide on a team to use longer than 15 games before changing my mind..........
Old 02-26-2011, 09:55 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 2

not sure u ll like it cause i assume u re not a nba fan... or u would have had this game for MONTHS ! ^^
Old 02-26-2011, 10:24 PM   #5
Banned

steelersfan77's Arena

Yeah I'm not a huge NBA fan but I don't have much choice. There isn't a collegiant basketball game out this year. I guess I'll start with the trades.....

Are trades realistic?

Are there 3-team trades and are draft picks part of the trading block?

How does the AI do when it trades with the user player?

Will the AI except any trade or is more realistic?

How well do computer teams trade amongst themselves?

Do CPU teams that are in the hunt for the playoffs try to upgrade their roster via trades?

How about editbility in the game......

Is the franchise fully editable, not just your team but all teams sort of like in the Show and 30 team control?

The NBA draft....

How does scouting work?

Is scouting in depth or generic like Madden?

Do computer teams draft for need or the best player available?

If a CPU team draft's the best player available do they trade away the player they're upgrading to add a player of a need at another position?

Is there a wide variety of generated rookies?

Okay, so what about rosters.....

How are rosters years into a franchise, do teams still have the correct number of players at certain positions or do you see to many players at one position ala NCAA football?

Thanks, sorry I didn't go into depth before.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-26-2011, 10:43 PM   #6
Pro

Thelorn's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelersfan77
Yeah I'm not a huge NBA fan but I don't have much choice. There isn't a collegiant basketball game out this year. I guess I'll start with the trades.....

Are trades realistic?
(Yes, you can force the CPU if you really want)

Are there 3-team trades and are draft picks part of the trading block?
(Yes there are 3 team trades, no trading block, is a trade finder(add a player and get offers for him)

How does the AI do when it trades with the user player?
(Not sure what you mean, they offer semi balanced offers when you trade finder and some not so balanced)

Will the AI except any trade or is more realistic?
(See your first question)

How well do computer teams trade amongst themselves?
(Depends, if you use team chemistry or not, if you do they will trade disgruntled players who arn't getting playing time, never traded with out team chemistry so can't help there)

Do CPU teams that are in the hunt for the playoffs try to upgrade their roster via trades?
(Yes, teams will always be trying to rebuild to win)

How about editbility in the game......
(You can edit whatever you want besides jersey's,stadiums and shoes)

Is the franchise fully editable, not just your team but all teams sort of like in the Show and 30 team control?
(Never played the show, you can control anywhere from 1 to 30 teams)

The NBA draft....
(Yes, 2 rounds)

How does scouting work?
(You send your coaches to scout players and they will rate them, can send up to 3-4 times per player)

Is scouting in depth or generic like Madden?
(I never can get into madden since it's always the same but, it gives a rating grade in every stat players have like mid-range, up close, etc)

Do computer teams draft for need or the best player available?
(Both)

If a CPU team draft's the best player available do they trade away the player they're upgrading to add a player of a need at another position?
(Yes they will trade a top pick if they didn't need it for another spot)

Is there a wide variety of generated rookies?
(You can auto-generate the draft class or you can download/make your own to be real)

Okay, so what about rosters.....
(up to 15 man teams, can release/trade/edit player)

How are rosters years into a franchise, do teams still have the correct number of players at certain positions or do you see to many players at one position ala NCAA football?
(They will keep a good balance but you still see sometimes a team with multi postions like SG, but in the off-season they release/trade them well)

Thanks, sorry I didn't go into depth before.
Hope that helps
Old 02-27-2011, 12:22 PM   #7
Banned

steelersfan77's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thelorn
Hope that helps
Thanks, that really helped understand a lot about the offline franchise, the part of a sports game that I love. Guess it dates back to the days when there was no online. Games like the show and NBA 2k really show appreciation to us offline franchise players. I'll be picking this game up now.

I really liked the part about being able to download/make your own draft class to keep it real. I wasn't expecting that. Thanks.
Old 06-14-2011, 05:53 PM   #8
Pro

I am a very casual NBA fan but this game probably has one of the best offline franchise mode in sports gaming right now. It is not without problems, but it's very minimal compared to the problems that the show had this year, which I think was a step back for that series.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »