Home

Things that MAKE ME SO MAD about NCAA Football 2011

This is a discussion on Things that MAKE ME SO MAD about NCAA Football 2011 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 02-26-2011, 12:38 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Smile Things that MAKE ME SO MAD about NCAA Football 2011

Let's hear some good ones. What makes you ANGRY!!!! when playing this game. What should EA Sports change about their college football franchise simply because NO ONE IS HAVING FUN when something in the game makes you EXPLODE IN FURY. These don't have to be bugs.

My game is on All-American. Veteran is too easy and no fun. AA is good except for...

CPU DEFENSE
1) The CPU defense ADJUSTING THEMSELVES PERFECTLY WHEN YOU CALL A PRE-SNAP AUDIBLE. How do they know what my audibles are? I SWEAR ITS RIGGED.
2) CPU Linebackers jumping out of nowhere to swat a ball.
3) CPU D-linemen with psychic reflexes putting their hands up to swat a pass. OR WHEN SOME FAT F*CKING D-LINEMAN ON ZONE COVERAGE CAN JUMP AS HIGH AS THE LINEBACKER AND SWAT THAT PASS OUT OF NOWHERE I WANT TO BREAK HIS LEGS.

USER OFFENSE & FUMBLING

4) Fumbling 4 out of 5 times you scramble with the football AS IF THE GAME DOESNT WANT YOU TO SCRAMBLE. MAYBE THEY SHOULD DESIGN A BETTER DEFENSE INSTEAD OF RUINING THE GAME FOR YOU?
5) Before the screen pass, when defenders get behind the blockers on screens and the blockers STAND AROUND LIKE IDIOTS - DON'T THEY KNOW THE PLAY IS RUINED IF THEY DON'T BLOCK THAT GUY?!?!
6) THE GAME IS RIGGED TO FAVOR THE CPU.
7) When most of my fumbles occur after long pass plays or on punt returns. Why game? Why fumble at those times always?

CPU OFFENSE
8) CPU running a drag or a slant is unstoppable (same with USER actually).
9) WHEN THE QUARTERBACK CAN PASS THE BALL 35 YARDS ACROSS THE FIELD A MILLISECOND -- AND YES I TIMED THIS -- BEFORE BEING CRUSHED.

USER DEFENSE

10) WHEN I'M CONTROLLING A D-LINEMAN AND I ADJUST THE D-LINE TO PINCH THE GAPS, MY LINEMAN JUMPS THE SNAP AND I GET ENCROACHMENT... EVEN THOUGH I AM HOLDING LEFT BUMPER AS I PRESS DOWN THE RIGHT STICK. THIS SHOULD NOT HAPPEN. THE LINEMAN SHOULD NOT JUMP THE SNAP WHEN YOU'RE SO OBVIOUSLY ADJUSTING THE PRE-SNAP DEFENSE. WHY. WHO PROGRAMMED THIS. I WILL WRITE YOU A LETTER. I WILL TELL YOU THAT I AM SO MAD.

Well that's all I can think of. I think I've run across maybe another 2 or 3 times the number of events or scripts that make me angry. Maybe you've got some too? I think these are important to mention because if something in the game is making you mad, it's not fun. Therefore EA Sports should read this and change it. Yeah right. Those MONOPOLISTIC BASTARDS MAKE ME SO ANGRY TOO.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-26-2011, 07:34 AM   #2
Rookie

orangeafroman's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Things that MAKE ME SO MAD about NCAA Football 2011

I'l just say that the game developers still haven't done a good job of making the computer earn a victory in a realistic way.

Instead of smarter players doing credible things to beat you, it seems the computer pulls out the old classics:

amazing QB throw to a WR he's not looking at while getting crushed, and having your CB dive at the same time

making your CB just unlearn how to cover a simple route, then forgetting how to tackle an exposed WR

computer player running down the sideline, you have the angle for the kill-shot, and the guy just dimisses it like its nothing

making your safeties look like ******** parapalegics in pass coverage

the computer QB dumping it out in the flat where 1 of 2 things happen: either you get an easy pick-6 (many in a season) or you are in an awkward place to tackle, end up diving out of the way, and it gets huge yardage

computer WRs breaking off their route, despite their back being to the QB on a wobbly floater due to pressure on the QB

computer corners peeling off their WR blindly to make a play elsewhere

...and many more.

I'm not mad or anything, it's just that EA has been at this for over a decade, and it's the same exact issues forever. Wouldn't you think they'd improve it? Graphics are great and all, but the gameplay is forever lacking.
Old 02-26-2011, 08:14 AM   #3
MVP

TDenverFan's Arena

OVR: 40

1) When the CPU wants to score, it scores, regardless of how many tackles his guy must break.

2) Sliding needs to be easier. HAlf the time, hitting slide makes you dive, and Dive=Fumble.

3) Slant ROutes w/TE=Win

That's about all I can think of
Old 02-26-2011, 08:41 AM   #4
Banned

OVR: 32
Here are some suggestions you may want to consider. These things have greatly improved my experience with the game:

Clear the cache of your hard drive, removing all of the patches and tuners.

Increase the CPU RBA to 90 and change the coaching sliders within your dynasty... leave all other sliders at default...enjoy!

Crap, thought this was a complaint thread.. this belongs in the sliders forum... sorry
Old 02-26-2011, 10:28 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 6

On playaction passes my QB gets sacked literally about 80% of the time immediately after the fake handoff.

And yeah, the CPU knows if you're running or passing, even after an audible.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-26-2011, 10:34 AM   #6
Pro

OVR: 11

Robo QB on heisman. That ruins the game for me
Old 02-26-2011, 01:30 PM   #7
Rookie

Colorado Cooler's Arena

OVR: 2

Two steps forward and one back is not an acceptable game design philosophy. I was livid when I discovered that features that worked fairly well last year such as play action, the kicking game, pancake stats and my personal pet peeve, the recruiting screen doesn't save the recruiting priority I establish from week to week for the 35 targets on my dynasty list.

I've purchased this product since 2002 for grandkids, nephews and myself. I'm the last of the clan still playing this game and EA is on shaky ground with me -- they either get it right for 2012 or I'm gone. Ten plus years is long enough to work out the kinks in a product!
Old 02-26-2011, 02:43 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 1

1) While I'm sure the computer sometimes knows what play you've called, I don't think the same is true of pre-snap audibles. The computer can only tell that you've audibled, not to what play. It just assumes that if you've audibled its too a play that will beat the defence called.

So if you come out with four verticals, the computer comes out with backed off CB's (say). You audible to an inside run, and the computer immediately adjusts to this. And then you yell at the stupid cheating AI (at least I do).

I discovered recently that in reality, the CPU will make the same adjustment even if you audible to a deep pass play. It's just that any sane person wouldn't do that.

If you don't believe me, try this:

Call 4WR four verticals 10 times, and then each time audible to a run. The CPU adjust to a run-stopping defence 7 or 8 times out of 10 in my experience (on heisman).

Then do the same thing, this time audibling to a deep pass. To my surprise the CPU adjusted to a run-stopping defence a similar amount.

Which led me to the conclusion that, in fact, the CPU is reacting to the fact you've audibled, not the actual play called.

2) The actual height the LB's get isn't unrealistic IMO, this problem is caused by a combination of:
a) Way to fast reaction times. LB's react to the button being pressed on the controller, not the actual animation.
b) LB's get too deep in their zones to quickly. With no true run assignments, LB's drop straight back into their zone as if its 3rd and 20+ on any down.
c) Throwing bullets across the middle. If you hold the button for a period of time between a "tap" and a "hold", you get a sort of in between throw, which I have found far more successful for this kind of through after someone on this forum explained how to do it. (although apparently it works better on the PS3 than the 360 - no idea why though).

3) Linemen do actually do this in real life - if they know they aren't going to make the QB they often go for the swat. Problem is they do it even when they're right in front of the QB, and they don't do it anywhere near as much for a pump fake.

4) While I agree the number of fumbles by scrambling QB's (not a problem on designated QB runs I find) is insanely high, both sliding (tap square) and cover ball (hold R1) help alot I find. I reckon EA ramped this up to prevent "cheesing" by players with fast QB's.

5) Never had a problem with this myself. In real life QB's often drop back alot and then float the pass up to the RB for that very reason - the O-line have ignored the D-line.

6) Yes - it has to be to enable the CPU to compete against the best players. What I hate is how variable it can be - most of the time the CPU's "boost" is manageable and doesn't ruin the game. Then you have some games (often called "pre-determined losses" by OS members) where it just gets ridiculous. What "really grinds my gears" to quote Peter Griffin is when it feels like a holding penalty is triggered by me throwing a touchdown. As in the second I press the button of the open receiver, the little yellow flag box comes up.

7) Never experienced this myself with long pass plays, though if it does see above. I find punt returning impossible and sim it so maybe I would have missed this if its there.

8) I disagree that's unstoppable, but it's certainly too effective IMO.

9) A millisecond? I would have assumed this was just mid-rant exaggeration but you've said you've timed it?? CPU QB's can be unstoppable on some occasions - see point 6).

10) Can't say I've had this problem.

Wow long post. Main reason I gave it time was because you didn't say "OMG WHY HAVEN'T YOU GOT MY FAV REVO FACEMASK IN THE GAME EA YOU SUCK BLAH BLAH BLAH"

Last edited by hampshire2012; 02-26-2011 at 03:07 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »