Home

FNC's biggest issue IMO

This is a discussion on FNC's biggest issue IMO within the Boxing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Boxing
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 02-25-2011, 04:44 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 6
FNC's biggest issue IMO

being able to throw multiple punches while being punched in the face multiple times
it's like rockem-sockem robots out there

if i hit you square in the face you're not going to be able to follow thru with your punch as if nothing happened
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-27-2011, 12:49 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: FNC's biggest issue IMO

It's EA what do you expect. I knew as soon as I saw this game that it would be a improved version of last years. What are we spending 65 bucks on?
Old 02-27-2011, 01:57 AM   #3
Banned

OVR: 12

I feel there IS a method to the madness. Remember EA is trying to sell games, ALOT of games. So when two clowns get online and slug each other to a pulp and "nothing happens" then that's fine with me. However, I notice the game REWARDS the guy who comes at the game in a strategic manner. So you may come across a hapless slugger but as long as YOU are putting together a real gameplan and box the guy you WILL win and it wont take long to do it either.

So even though 9 out of 10 fights the guy is going round after round with another guy of the same mentality when he comes across you he probably wont get past 3. You're picking your shots so your punches are always fresh and at their uptmost. He's draining his energy and is more susceptible to the damage your punches cause.

So at the most he'll cry "B.S. you only hit me with a few shots and I'm KO'ed" it's not gonna stop him from playing as the other 9 fights he has will be just like he likes it. Everybody wins.

Now all of this is going off the demo. If the demo plays true to form of the retail game then there's no worries. I played a friend and he came rock'em sock'em at me, he never made it out the first. But once he realized what was going down he changed up, or at least tried to for a round and a half. lol
Old 02-27-2011, 11:43 AM   #4
Hall Of Fame

Flightwhite24's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by randombrother
I feel there IS a method to the madness. Remember EA is trying to sell games, ALOT of games. So when two clowns get online and slug each other to a pulp and "nothing happens" then that's fine with me. However, I notice the game REWARDS the guy who comes at the game in a strategic manner. So you may come across a hapless slugger but as long as YOU are putting together a real gameplan and box the guy you WILL win and it wont take long to do it either.

So even though 9 out of 10 fights the guy is going round after round with another guy of the same mentality when he comes across you he probably wont get past 3. You're picking your shots so your punches are always fresh and at their uptmost. He's draining his energy and is more susceptible to the damage your punches cause.

So at the most he'll cry "B.S. you only hit me with a few shots and I'm KO'ed" it's not gonna stop him from playing as the other 9 fights he has will be just like he likes it. Everybody wins.

Now all of this is going off the demo. If the demo plays true to form of the retail game then there's no worries. I played a friend and he came rock'em sock'em at me, he never made it out the first. But once he realized what was going down he changed up, or at least tried to for a round and a half. lol
Good post randombrother

I've had 4 fights online and I agree the smart fighter will win 9/10 times. I've only ran up against one boy spammer and the ref stopped the fight due to a cut I recieved in the 1st rd but I felt the fight was starting to shift my way mid-way through the fight.
Old 02-27-2011, 07:05 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 12

Just got the game and put my theory to the test with a friend. Just as I suspected. I gave him the better fighter, and some by far better and we never got to the 3rd in any fight. Last fight was Whittaker vs Mosely. I had Mosely. Knocked out Whittaker with a one hitter quitter in the 2nd.

First fight he took the Frost guy and I took Ali. Frost never made it out the 2nd even though Frost can take a punch , and how. Other fights the fighters weren't as close in ratings, I forget the matchups, and no fight ever went past 3. I knocked him out in all fights. I just boxed him, and I'm not really that good. These were my first fights in the game. I did the one fight at the beginning and then went straight online to fight him.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Boxing »