Home

CJ Wilson Pitch types?

This is a discussion on CJ Wilson Pitch types? within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 02-22-2011, 08:13 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
CJ Wilson Pitch types?

So I just loaded up the game and it only has CJ Wilson having a 4 seam fastball, a slider, and a changeup.

I really hope they fix this.

CJ prides himself on his repertoire of pitches that he has. According to fangraphs he throws 5+ pitches. Last year the breakdown was: 4S FB (49.2%), slider (12.1%), cut fastball (18.6%), curveball (8.5%), changeup (11.7%), and other (1.4%).

Lincecum has 5 pitches in game, of course. It'd be nice if the non-superstars got the attention to detail that the bigger names got.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-22-2011, 08:21 PM   #2
Legend

Tommyklaid's Arena

OVR: 20
Cool Re: CJ Wilson Pitch types?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rexcellent
So I just loaded up the game and it only has CJ Wilson having a 4 seam fastball, a slider, and a changeup.

I really hope they fix this.

CJ prides himself on his repertoire of pitches that he has. According to fangraphs he throws 5+ pitches. Last year the breakdown was: 4S FB (49.2%), slider (12.1%), cut fastball (18.6%), curveball (8.5%), changeup (11.7%), and other (1.4%).

Lincecum has 5 pitches in game, of course. It'd be nice if the non-superstars got the attention to detail that the bigger names got.

Things like this can be edited (RAZR does a damn good job of doing so in years past)

...pitchers are CONSTANTLY changing up their repertoire, so it's highly impossible to keep up on it. Pitchers add pitches and take away pitches throughout the year, being that some pitches are more effective than others, or if a pitcher comes back from surgery it may hamper some of their pitches in years past.

Thankfully, we can edit ANY or HOW MANY pitches we want for each player, so it's not a problem for some of us to do some research.

SCEA gives us the hard materials; therefore, we get to play around and customize as we please!
  • The Elder Scrolls V: SKYRIM - XBOX SERIES X
Old 02-22-2011, 08:23 PM   #3
Windy City Sports Fan

Gagnon39's Arena

OVR: 25
Re: CJ Wilson Pitch types?

Yes. It will all be fixed. I'm doubting the game has Wood's cutter.

Streaming on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/gagnon39
Old 02-22-2011, 08:40 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 2

CJ throws a 4 seam fastball,hard sinker, slider, and a changeup.

TL throws a 4 seam , 2 seam, curveball, and a changeup.

Source wikipeda

I'm a Rangers fan and CJ's pitches on Wikipedia seem to be right, I'm not sure about TL.

Last edited by RCMSfan77; 02-22-2011 at 08:43 PM.
Old 02-22-2011, 09:19 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCMSfan77
CJ throws a 4 seam fastball,hard sinker, slider, and a changeup.

TL throws a 4 seam , 2 seam, curveball, and a changeup.

Source wikipeda

I'm a Rangers fan and CJ's pitches on Wikipedia seem to be right, I'm not sure about TL.
To my knowledge after watching Linceccum dominate my team in the NLCS he throws a Two Seamer, Split Finger Change up, Slider/Cutter, Curveball and an occassional four seamer up in the zone.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-23-2011, 07:07 PM   #6
Pro

OVR: 12

I always thought Lincecum has a splitter. Some say it's his change up, but it seems like he has a few variations.
Old 02-23-2011, 07:50 PM   #7
Rookie

ARMORALLL's Arena

OVR: 8

People seem to get pitches confused with each other. Some people think a pitchers 2-seamer is a sinker, some people think a pitch is a splitter when its actually a changeup. It's hard to tell sometimes with so many variations. A pitcher might even have 6 pitch types on occasion and some might only use one type around 5% of his total pitches. I think SCEA does a pretty solid job on knowing generally what types pitchers throw.
Old 02-23-2011, 08:05 PM   #8
Banned

OVR: 3

According to last year's pitchFX C.J. throws a 2-Seamer (26.1%), Cutter (20.3%), 4-Seamer (17.7%), Slider (15.5%), Changeup (12.5%) & Curveball (7.9%)

Lincecum throws a 4-Seamer (39%), Changeup (21.8%), Curveball (16.2%), a 2-Seamer which for him is really more of a Running FB in the game (14.3%) and finally a Slider (7.4%). It also lists a Cutter but only 0.8% of his pitches and since the game doesn't have a sixth pitch this wouldn't be included.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »