Home

Consistent post moves AFTER the drop-step

This is a discussion on Consistent post moves AFTER the drop-step within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 02-19-2011, 04:31 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Consistent post moves AFTER the drop-step

Hey guys the other day I was messing around with post moves and noticed on one possession something different than I have seen all these months playing the game. Usually, after drop-stepping with your post man, if you go up for a shot you'll generally get locked into a contact animation with the your defender and it looks like pure strength decides who wins/loses the battle.

However, I distinctly remember one situation where the contact animation did NOT occur directly after drop-stepping deep in the post (mind you I was playing as KG being guarded by Gasol). I dropped stepped to the back side (aka KG did not do that big hop dropstep if you click the R trigger to the side of the court your chest is facing, it was to where his back was facing). and KG seamlessly went into a high left handed baby hook instead of a clunky contact animation.

I was so amazed by this since I had never seen this before and I was wondering what I had done differently. I decided to go into practice mode and I've tried multiple times to recreate this but I'm never consistent with this. I know if the post-defender is much smaller than the offensive player, sometimes there won't even be a chance to initiate a contact animation after the drop step, so I've always had the defender the same size as the offensive player. I've tried holding the shot stick at the same time I click the R trigger, holding the shot stick and left stick in the direction of the drop step right as I pull the R trigger, holding the L trigger and shot stick in numerous directions after pulling the R trigger, etc. and I cannot find a consistent way to pull these moves off. If anyone knows how to pull this off or could experiment that would be awesome. I wish I could put a video on here of what I'm doing but I have no idea how to do that.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-19-2011, 07:33 AM   #2
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Consistent post moves AFTER the drop-step

I would just turn your "Inside Contact" tendency (or w/e it's called) slider down. That should help.
Old 02-19-2011, 03:04 PM   #3
MVP

CX1329's Arena

OVR: 16

I like to use the flick-flick moves after the drop step. Hold LT, flick the right stick in one direction, then release LT and flick the stick in another direction (this allows you to do either a spinning hook shot or an up-and-under, depending on your inputs). Additionally, you may pump fake and then perform a move, or attempt a fade-away jumper.
Old 02-19-2011, 07:47 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 0

He doesn't want to do an up-and-under every time. To be quite honest, I think people are far too obsessed with this "flick flick" nonsense. Everybody wants to be friggin Hakeem Olajuwon when it's not that serious or realistic.
Old 02-20-2011, 12:45 AM   #5
MVP

TUSS11's Arena

OVR: 12

It's stupid that you have to be in the post up animations to shoot a hook or a turn-around jumper.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-20-2011, 04:13 AM   #6
Pro

OVR: 3

My go-to move is to get in the post up animation, spin to my backside, and if I get a step on them, I pump-fake and throw up a shot. If you time it correctly, it can make the defender look like a complete idiot.

Also, I've found the up-and-under to be not all that successful recently. It seems like every time I try it against the CPU, it gets swatted. However, I have found that if you fake one way and then go right back to that same side for the hook shot, it creates some decent space and allows you to get a good look.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »