Home

Do u feel that you're getting your money's worth with football games this generation?

This is a discussion on Do u feel that you're getting your money's worth with football games this generation? within the Other Football Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 02-18-2011, 01:41 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Exclamation Do u feel that you're getting your money's worth with football games this generation?

Are you satisfied with football games this generation or are you just fed up and willing to wait until next gen?(ps4/xbox720)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-18-2011, 03:18 PM   #2
Pro

footballfan4life's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: DO U FEEL THAT YOU'RE GETTING YOUR MONEY'S WORTH WITH FOOTBALL GAMES THIS GENERAT

It depends, if 2K made an NFL game (they are rumored to make a Canadian League game), then it'd knock the socks off of Madden. I didn't buy M11 because I'm fed up. But, NBA 2K11 is pretty sweet. Same with all 2K games. So, it really depends on the sport. But for football, yes I'm waiting

NFL: Pittsburgh Steelers
MLB: New York Yankees
NCAA: Ohio State Buckeyes
Old 02-18-2011, 06:08 PM   #3
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33
Re: DO U FEEL THAT YOU'RE GETTING YOUR MONEY'S WORTH WITH FOOTBALL GAMES THIS GENERAT

I feel I've gotten $60+ out of each of my Madden and NCAA purchases. There are no other games during the year that I put as much time into, $/hr is way tilted in both of those games being worthwhile purchases.

I have issues and annoyances with some bugs and the speed that some features are being developed, but to ANSWER THE ALL CAPS SUBJECT I've gotten my money's worth out of each title.

I've played some Blitz: The League and APF2k8 but bought both at such a discount (think APF2k8 was $9 brand new at BB) that they'd fall under the same. Only game that would approach not being worth the money I spent on them was Backbreaker, that was mostly due to the lack of franchise information prior to launch, the game going on sale just a day after the 'modes' video came out that really didn't answer any questions and just being eager to try it. It would be a stretch to say I got $50 out of it.
Old 02-19-2011, 11:24 PM   #4
Everyday is Faceurary!

dickey1331's Arena

OVR: 31

Of the ones I have purchase. I feel like I have gotten a lot out of NCAA. For Madden it is about even and I regret my Backbreaker game. So I would say that I have got my money’s worth. I have played less football games this generation but I don’t think it has to do with the quality of games, more due to the quality of other games.
NFL: Dallas Cowboys
NHL: Dallas Stars
NBA: Dallas Mavericks

I own a band check it out
Old 02-20-2011, 05:40 PM   #5
Rookie

MINATAURO's Arena

OVR: 5

With some football games then generation won't mention which ones. I had more fun playing last gen football.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-20-2011, 08:12 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 12

NO !!! Missing features, removed features, broken features and unfinished game modes. Games not having things that people have been asking to have in for years. Also lies and overhyping new stupid *** features/modes. The worst of all is the arogance of the devs and game producers that think they know what we want then try to convince us that we will love there next great idea while ignoring WHAT WE WERE TRULY ASKING FOR! This would apply to hockey/boxing games too.

This Gen = Disappointment and Frustration

Last edited by TDKing; 02-21-2011 at 11:38 AM. Reason: cleaning language
Old 02-21-2011, 12:52 PM   #7
Banned

OVR: 24

Yes and no. NCAA is a fine game, but I still feel there's so much more they can do with it to blow everything else outta the water.

Same goes for Madden. When I look at other titles, (The Show, NBA 2k11, etc), it makes me realize neither football title has reached its full potential.

I'm not buying on release day anymore. Although I'm enjoying NCAA, I just feel my $60 wasn't that well spent....
Old 02-21-2011, 09:15 PM   #8
MVP

elgreazy1's Arena

OVR: 28

Overall, not really. I was happy 2K made at least one attempt with APF2K8 but I was really bummed about some key mistakes the developers made with it and the fact there never was a 2nd game. I own Madden 07 and Madden 10 and they both still are basically the same game. But I will say, I do enjoy franchise managing in M10 much more than other games even with it's warts. Backbreaker was a good first try and 505 has set up a rock solid foundation but needs to do exponentially better in the next round if they want to stick around. NCAA is fine but I don't enjoy college ball, and the gameplay feels much too fast & arcade'ish.

Overall, I give this generation of football games a C+

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games »