Home

Old 02-16-2011, 03:20 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Philosophies

You should be able to set a philosophy for each individual roster slot, not just positions. Here are some examples of positions where this is necessary:

--WR. You want speed on the outside and quick route running in the slot.

--OT. In the NFL you generally have a better pass blocker defending the QB's blind side and a better run blocker on the strong side.

--DE. Sort of the converse. You usually see a better pass rusher at RE and a run stopper at LE.

--HB. Some HBs can do it all, but often you'll see a main power back and a 3rd down receiving back.

--SILB and WILB. In the 3-4, you'll usually see the strong side backer be a bigger guy that can take on blockers, whereas the weak side guy is faster and more athletic.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-16-2011, 10:45 AM   #2
Rookie

shadowman's Arena

OVR: 3
1. You can put your best pass blocker on the left side and your best run blocker on the right.
2. You can put a speed WR on the outside and a quick route runner in the slot.
I think people depend to much on a players overall rating and don't look at specific ratings or a players performance.
The highest rated player doesn't have to always be in the first spot on the depth chart.
Old 02-16-2011, 01:57 PM   #3
Rookie

Re: Philosophies

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowman
1. You can put your best pass blocker on the left side and your best run blocker on the right.
2. You can put a speed WR on the outside and a quick route runner in the slot.
I think people depend to much on a players overall rating and don't look at specific ratings or a players performance.
The highest rated player doesn't have to always be in the first spot on the depth chart.
No offense my friend, but I think you may have missed my point. I know I can painstakingly look at every single attribute for every single player, but it's far from an ideal solution. After all, there is an overall rating for a purpose, and there are philosophies for a purpose. Most people hail the philosophies as a great advancement for assessing players. My suggestion would be a further enhancement. This is a great game, and I see several ways it could be made even better if there is ever another installment.

I don't feel like the existence of a time-consuming and inefficient method is proof that we don't need a faster and more efficient one. After all, we don't need GPS. We have maps. We don't really need cars since we have horses. And we really don't need electricity because we have candles.
Old 02-17-2011, 04:22 AM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimK
You should be able to set a philosophy for each individual roster slot, not just positions. Here are some examples of positions where this is necessary:

--WR. You want speed on the outside and quick route running in the slot.

--OT. In the NFL you generally have a better pass blocker defending the QB's blind side and a better run blocker on the strong side.

--DE. Sort of the converse. You usually see a better pass rusher at RE and a run stopper at LE.

--HB. Some HBs can do it all, but often you'll see a main power back and a 3rd down receiving back.

--SILB and WILB. In the 3-4, you'll usually see the strong side backer be a bigger guy that can take on blockers, whereas the weak side guy is faster and more athletic.
1. You can put your faster WRs at the flanker spots and move the possession receivers inside manually. It doesn't take very long to do...
2. You can edit positions and move your best pass blocking tackle to LT and put your best run blocker at RT. Again, it doesn't take very long to do.
3. You can put your best pass rusher at RE and best run-stopping end at LE. Once again, not very time-consuming.
4. You can put your main HB at the HB1 slot and have another back as your main 3rd down back using the depth chart.
5. You can edit positions to put your power LB at SILB and your finesse/speed LB at WILB.

It doesn't take very long to do any of these things. EA can't do it all, you know. No need to get lazy
"What the **** are y'all doing, man?! Get your head up...get your head up. Last time I checked, it ain't over yet. There's a whole 4th quarter to play, dammit! GET YOUR HEAD UP! QUIT YO WHININ' MAN! We...can...win...this! LET'S GO!"

^Sheldon...I love you lol.
Old 02-17-2011, 07:08 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Swag Killa
1. You can put your faster WRs at the flanker spots and move the possession receivers inside manually. It doesn't take very long to do...
2. You can edit positions and move your best pass blocking tackle to LT and put your best run blocker at RT. Again, it doesn't take very long to do.
3. You can put your best pass rusher at RE and best run-stopping end at LE. Once again, not very time-consuming.
4. You can put your main HB at the HB1 slot and have another back as your main 3rd down back using the depth chart.
5. You can edit positions to put your power LB at SILB and your finesse/speed LB at WILB.

It doesn't take very long to do any of these things. EA can't do it all, you know. No need to get lazy
I already addressed all this before you even said it. Do you think you can win the argument by repetition? If you're right, we might as well not even have philosophies or an overall rating. You've also failed to address the fact that you can't see individual ratings during the scouting and drafting process or the fact that the AI makes all decisions based on philosophies and overall rating.

There is always the guy that opposes progress and will defend the status quo no matter what it is. It's just in some people's DNA. How would the game not be improved by making the philosophies even better and more useful? Your opposition is illogical.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-17-2011, 07:35 PM   #6
Rookie

shadowman's Arena

OVR: 3

There is also the guy who whines and complains about everything and thinks that he is always right.
Old 02-18-2011, 04:28 PM   #7
Rookie

Lol TC. Yea I did repeat what you said. If there were to be a new NFL Had Coach game, I think there are more important things to do with the game than expanding player philosophies. That's all I'm saying. I think you want this "enhanced philosophies" because you're too lazy to do the things you were complaining about yourself. It takes no more than 3-5 minutes to make the adjustments you mentioned.
"What the **** are y'all doing, man?! Get your head up...get your head up. Last time I checked, it ain't over yet. There's a whole 4th quarter to play, dammit! GET YOUR HEAD UP! QUIT YO WHININ' MAN! We...can...win...this! LET'S GO!"

^Sheldon...I love you lol.
Old 02-19-2011, 07:48 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Swag Killa

You may be able to but with a lot of these things the CPU can't

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »