Home

Cubs users/fans

This is a discussion on Cubs users/fans within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 02-15-2011, 12:51 PM   #1
Rookie

_mg_'s Arena

OVR: 1
Cubs users/fans

What are you guys expecting the rotation and lineup to be this year and/or what are you planning on making the rotation for your franchise?

I really want to go young, so I am going to switch up and put Carlos Silva as a long reliever, 100% have Cashner in the rotation and depending on Randy Wells rating either have him as the #5 or put him in the pen and have James Russell or Shark Samardjiza in there.

I also am going to have Dempster be my #1, Zambrano my #2 and Garza my #3. Being the "#1" on opening day is overated, and although I think Garza is the best of the 3 I just think having the Dempster #1 is smart. Garza will be the best #3 starter in the majors (besides maybe Roy Oswalt).

I also plan on trading Fukudome for some prospects and start Colvin in RF and having Reed Johnson on the bench.

Here is how I plan on having my lineup

1. SS Starlin Castro
2. CF Marlon Byrd
3. RF Tyler Colvin
4. 3B Aramis Ramirez
5. 1B Carlos Pena
6. LF Alfonso Soriano
7. C Geo Soto
8. 2B Blake DeWitt

As for bullpen, depending on how Randy Wells is rated compared to James Russell and Samardjiza, it will look like

Closer - Carlos Marmol
Lefty Setup - Sean Marshall
Righty Setup - Kerry Wood
Middle Relief - Samardjiza*, James Russell (LHP)*, Casey Coleman
Long Relief - Carlos Silva

Rotation:
1. Ryan Dempster
2. Carlos Zambrano
3. Matt Garza
4. Andrew Cashner
5. Randy Wells

A little troubling that we won't have any lefty starters unless Russell earns the spot this spring, but I think that is a very solid pitching staff regardless.

GO CUBS GO!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-15-2011, 01:43 PM   #2
MVP

CubFan23's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: Cubs users/fans

This is how mine is gonna look

1. Castro
2. Dewitt
3. Ramirez
4. Pena
5. Byrd
6. Colvin
7. Soriano
8. Soto

I'll probably switch Byrd up to #2 vs a lefty and have Baker play 2nd.
Don't forget about Fernando Perez in the OF

What are your thoughts on Koyie Hill? I really don't like him, offensively he's a bust,and I may have Castillo on the club and Hill in AAA or Trade him. As far as Fukudome I am right with you, he will be dealt at some point. never liked that guy from day 1.

Starters
1. Dempster
2. Garza
3. Big Z
4. Wells
5. Silva

I would rather have Garza #2 because there are alot of good #2's and I think he will match up better whereas Big Z is better than most 3's and should prove solid in that spot. I like Silva at 5 and unless he struggles he will stay.

“I knew when my career was over. In 1965 my baseball card came out with no picture".
- Bob Uecker
Old 02-15-2011, 01:47 PM   #3
Rookie

_mg_'s Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by CubFan23
This is how mine is gonna look

1. Castro
2. Dewitt
3. Ramirez
4. Pena
5. Byrd
6. Colvin
7. Soriano
8. Soto

I'll probably switch Byrd up to #2 vs a lefty and have Baker play 2nd.
Don't forget about Fernando Perez in the OF

What are your thoughts on Koyie Hill? I really don't like him, offensively he's a bust,and I may have Castillo on the club and Hill in AAA or Trade him. As far as Fukudome I am right with you, he will be dealt at some point. never liked that guy from day 1.

Starters
1. Dempster
2. Garza
3. Big Z
4. Wells
5. Silva

I would rather have Garza #2 because there are alot of good #2's and I think he will match up better whereas Big Z is better than most 3's and should prove solid in that spot. I like Silva at 5 and unless he struggles he will stay.
I like what you have but I really want to get Cashner into the rotation so we an see what we have in him. At times he looked dominant last year. Also I like Koyie Hill, he is a leader in the locker room and is good defensively but like you pointed out he is absolutely useless with the bat. We will see how they have Castillo rated, that is definitely an option to have him over Koyie as the backup to Geo.

Only thing I don't like is DeWitt batting 2nd and ARAM batting 3rd. I think Aramis is much more comfortable batting 4th, and he strikes out/hits into too many double plays to be a 3 hitter. Byrd would also be a good option batting 3rd besides Colvin, I just like ARAM in the 4 spot and Pena in the 5 spot a lot.

What are your thoughts on the pen?
Old 02-15-2011, 01:53 PM   #4
MVP

CubFan23's Arena

OVR: 23

I am so glad we got Woody back! I like what you have with Wood and Marshall as set up. The middle relief for me will be decided in spring training which I play. You forgot about Grabow, He is another I'm gonna look to trade, he was absolutely horrible for me in '10.

for me Samardjiza will be a spot starter as well as long relief

“I knew when my career was over. In 1965 my baseball card came out with no picture".
- Bob Uecker
Old 02-15-2011, 03:22 PM   #5
Rookie

_mg_'s Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by CubFan23
I am so glad we got Woody back! I like what you have with Wood and Marshall as set up. The middle relief for me will be decided in spring training which I play. You forgot about Grabow, He is another I'm gonna look to trade, he was absolutely horrible for me in '10.

for me Samardjiza will be a spot starter as well as long relief

Yeah I left Grabow off the table completely because I will trade/release him on sight. Guy is garbage in real life and in the game.

Hopefully Samardjiza has a great spring in real life and cracks the rotation with Cashner, would be great!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-15-2011, 03:30 PM   #6
MVP

Shaffer26's Arena

OVR: 14

I go along with the real life season. So whatever 25 come out of ST then that's the 25 I will be playing with until they make a move.
Old 02-15-2011, 03:33 PM   #7
Rookie

_mg_'s Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaffer26
I go along with the real life season. So whatever 25 come out of ST then that's the 25 I will be playing with until they make a move.
Yeah, but you have the stones to wait a month till opening day to play? What until then?
Old 02-15-2011, 03:37 PM   #8
MVP

Shaffer26's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by _mg_
Yeah, but you have the stones to wait a month till opening day to play? What until then?
Usually I will just play exhibition games with random teams or maybe start a RTTS.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »