Home

Any way to reduce CPU "psychic" blitzing?

This is a discussion on Any way to reduce CPU "psychic" blitzing? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 02-12-2011, 01:29 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 12
Any way to reduce CPU "psychic" blitzing?

I'm currently in year 4 of an offline Dynasty mode, and I'm getting really fed up with the CPU's ability to know whether you are passing or running. I can come out in a 4-wide Shotgun set and call a HB Sweep, and the CPU will come out in their base formation with 9 in the box and blitz 8 guys. Conversely, I can come out in a 2 TE, 2 RB set and call a pass and the CPU calls the perfect defense to counter whatever pass I try to make.

I've already severely lowered the Aggressiveness of teams I play to try and limit the blitzing, but even with an Aggressiveness of 30 (originally 75) they still blitz on every running play without fail. Is there any way to counter this?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-12-2011, 01:43 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Any way to reduce CPU "psychic" blitzing?

Not that I know of. EA's way of making the CPU "better". They cant make them smarter, so its this bs. Ive done the same. Heavy run formation 2 or 3 tights a RB/and or FB. Run the whole damn drive. The very first play go play action pass out of the exact same formation you have gouged them for 60+ yards on the ground? CPU comes out w/ 3 down lineman.

Please EA just make the damn CPU play basic defense based on YOUR PERSONNEL on the field, and of course down and distance to a certain degree. But 90% of the time it should be base D. That can include nickel or sometimes dime based on WRs.
Old 02-12-2011, 01:45 PM   #3
Banned

1GATOR FAN's Arena

OVR: 9

Ya i know what you mean its the way the Cpu makes the game seem harder. Because they know your plays and it makes running with a spread team worthless on harder levels.

All you have to do is pick a run first with a 3-4 WR formation then audible to a pass and you can burn the cpu because most of the time there will be a LB covering a WR.... Same with the pass but vise versa.

We shouldnt have to do that but we do, I dont think any setting effects what Defense they run
Old 02-12-2011, 01:54 PM   #4
Banned

devinewon's Arena

OVR: 9

Its called cheating.
Old 02-12-2011, 09:28 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by devinewon
Its called cheating.
Exactly the D-Line cheats every single time it ticks me off so much and I just about had it, but everything else is good so I still play.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-13-2011, 01:50 AM   #6
MVP

BlastX21's Arena

OVR: 16

I've figured out that the cpu technically doesnt adjust to your play, it adjusts to the down and distance. So even if you come out 5 wide on 1st and 10, they're in a 4-3. Even if you're in goal line on 3rd and 11, they're in dime. Its dumb because many teams go 3-5 wide all game but the dumb AI still runs 4-3 every time.
Old 02-14-2011, 12:11 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlastX21
I've figured out that the cpu technically doesnt adjust to your play, it adjusts to the down and distance. So even if you come out 5 wide on 1st and 10, they're in a 4-3. Even if you're in goal line on 3rd and 11, they're in dime. Its dumb because many teams go 3-5 wide all game but the dumb AI still runs 4-3 every time.
I think its play, not down and distance. Like I said, I've ran out the exact same formation for entire drives, running, running and running all over the CPU. Then at random times just cause I feel like it should throw em for a loop, Ill call play action out of the same formation. 2nd and short, 1st and 10, 2nd and long, and obviously not 3rd and long as that would be logical for the CPU to defend the pass then.

But all those times all of the sudden the CPU comes out in a 3-2-5 or dime or 3-3-5. Complete crap.
Old 02-14-2011, 05:53 AM   #8
Rookie

silkysmooth's Arena

OVR: 2

When the CPU gets psychic, I'll go 5 wide shotgun and throw it around on them. Even when they are in pass coverage, someone gets open. I get pissed so I run up the score once in a while. It's really fun to score 60 on the CPU just by passing 55 times with your all-american QB in the game for 4 solid quarters of whoop ***.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »