Home

Sim Superstar Sliders (real shooting %)

This is a discussion on Sim Superstar Sliders (real shooting %) within the NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 01-31-2011, 07:18 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Sim Superstar Sliders (Shot-Stick Timing)

Hey all, i've really gotten into NBA 2k11 the last few months. I've been hovering around the forums and looking at everyone's different slider sets and testing some of my own. I found Pro not to be challenging enough for me after awhile, so I made the leap to Superstar and have had some great games.

Sorry about the Thread title...it should say Shot-Stick Timing not Real % I screwed it up and can't figure out how to change it. I can be an idiot sometimes. Also a big shoutout to greenieblue since I used alot of his original pro sliders as a base before adjusting for shot-stick timing and the difficulty jump.

The sliders below seem to suit my game very well and it's definately a challenge for those who find pro and all star to be too easy. I find that Hall of Famer allows the CPU to cheat to stay in the game so Superstar difficulty offers the best sim challenge I believe. So check these out and let me know what you think. Also I'm always controling the onball defender but I'll switch sometimes to get around picks/screens that I see the CPU setting up.

Gameplay
Difficulty - Superstar
Game Speed - 50
Quarter Length - 12min
Fatigue - On
Injuries - On
Clutch Factor - On
Shooting - Shotstick Timing
FT Shooting - Real Player %
FT Difficulty - 35

*Notes:
- I like to have my defensive assist(in controller options) at 0 to make you focus more on staying infront of your man when on D.
- While not for everyone I find the game is much better with the 2K cam

Offense (User/CPU)
Inside - 43/42
Close - 44/43 edit (+1 for both from 43/42-44/43)
Mid - 49/48
3pt - 49/50
Layup - 45/45
Dunk - 47/47
Dunk in Traffic - 40/40
Pass Accuracy - 49/45
Alley-Oop - 43/43
Contact Shot - 40/40

Defense (Same for User & CPU)
Driving Contact - 80
Inside Contact - 85
Help D Strength - 100
Steal Success - 55

Attributes (User/CPU)
Quickness - 35/35
Vertical - 50/50
Strength - 75/75
Stamina - 63/63
Durability - 60/60
Hustle - 100/100
Ball Handle - 35/35
Hands - 30/30
Dunk Ability - 33/33
On-Ball D - 55/57 (if you find playing D a bit hard try 57 user)
Steal - 60/50
Block - 40/80
O-Awareness - 70/70
D-Awareness - 100/100
O-Rebounding - 100/100
D-Rebounding - 0/0
Clutch - 25/25
Consistency - 47/47
Fatigue Rate - 35/35
Injury Frequency - 51/51
Injury Severity - 35/35

Tendencies (Same for User & CPU)
Inside - 75
Close - 56
Mid - 65
3pt - 57
Attack Basket - 73
Look for Post - 70
Alley-Oops - 52
Attempt Dunks - 40 edit (+5 for both from 35-40)
Attempt Putbacks - 100
Flashy Passes - 60
Commit Fouls - 100
Play Passing Lanes - 55
On-Ball Steals - 100
Contest Shots - 100
Backdoor Cuts - 80

Fouls (Same for User & CPU)
Over the Back - 100
Charging - 100
Blocking - 100
Reaching - 100
Shooting - 67
Loose Ball - 100

I generally get very good stats out of these. I've scored as few as 78 points and as many as 129 after playing around 30 games with these sliders. Usually the game ends with both teams in the low 90s-100s though. I use the Heat since they're my team and I probably win 65-70 % of the time but its usually a challenge to do so and I'd say thats about right for a team like that. I played through the playoffs with these and lost to the Lakers in game 7 of the finals 101-97. Really exciting playoffs!

Known Stat Problems:
- Low Offensive rebounding numbers (havn't seen this fixed anywhere yet)
- High Turnovers (you need to be carefull with the ball but i like playing that way. if you just stand in the triple threat without protecting it the CPU defender will swat it out of your hands. but the higher steals allow for more fast breaks)
- Stars taking too many shots (if you edit roster tendencies, take the time to lower every player with over 90 overall shot tendency down a bit. before I did this I once saw Kobe shoot 40 shots in a game.)

OK got these posted up on 2kshare now for 360. The name is: AGNs Sim 12min Superstar shotsticktiming Sliders. feel free to try these out and please let me know what you think as well as posting game stats if you want.

Thanks

Last edited by TouchDownFalcons; 03-06-2011 at 08:31 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-01-2011, 04:32 AM   #2
Rookie

Re: Sim Superstar Sliders (real shooting %)

I know I just posted these sliders but I'm anxious for some feedback....anyone try them yet? I've seen 60+ views lol. I'll post some stats for a couple games tomorrow night. I know most people seem to like to play on pro but for those that want a real challenge these sliders work great for me.

Also I'm not sure how to change the Title to Shot-Stick Timing instead of real shooting %...can't believe i screwed that up! I'm guessing a mod has to change it. Hopefully someone can help me figure that out because I'm sure some people are avoiding this post because they're looking for Shot Stick Timing and others are probably being fooled into checking it out while wanting Real Shooting %.

Last edited by TouchDownFalcons; 02-01-2011 at 04:38 AM.
Old 02-01-2011, 09:18 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0

I tried these out for my last few games and really liked them i been using Geebos Roster with them. Was wondering what roster u r using? i have been lookin for some good siders for sst and superstar only change i made was dunk ability to 43 cause i wasnt seeing any dunks besides that great job
Old 02-01-2011, 10:02 PM   #4
Rookie

Thanks for trying them man, glad you liked them. About the dunking I was starting to consider raising it as well since I had Mike Miller on a few breakaways lately and couldn't get him to dunk. I probably had it a bit low because of Lebron and Wade on my team dunking too much before. So good call i'll try it out. Part of the dunk issue probably has to do with using the different rosters though.

As for rosters I actually have just been using the updated 2k rosters. I only lowered the overall shot tendency for all the players who were above 90 in that category so they don't chuck quite so much. I haven't had the time recently but I'll probably try out some different rosters and continue to tweak these sliders when I do. Also I'll post some of my game stats when I get the chance...sorry its taking so long for anyone wanting to check them out.

Last edited by TouchDownFalcons; 02-02-2011 at 01:20 AM.
Old 02-02-2011, 04:35 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 0

sounds good look foward to seeing what kind of stats you are getting and im gonna try using the updated 2k rosters with shot tendencies lowered and see which one works for me better
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-02-2011, 06:21 AM   #6
Rookie

cool...i'll definately try to make time to post stats for a game or 2 tonight. i'm trying to get enough time to further test things but i think i finally have a solid slider base for superstar games. i really don't know much about the rosters though. I focused on the sliders the last couple months when i got a chance to play so i didn't really get into rosters much other than lowering the shooting tendencies for certain players. I briefly checked out Geebos rosters today and they seem very good. I'm on the 360 though so i don't think i can download them.

With the way things are now i'm pretty happy with the gameplay but theres always room for improvement so any suggestions/tips are welcome. These sliders are by no means set in stone, I'll continue to adjust them as necessary. Any feedback from people who have ventured a try with my sliders as well as any game stats would help. I'm just trying to get the most out of this game. Too many people seem to just like playing on Pro for some reason! You can still play sim and win on superstar if you know all the controls lol. It is just actually challenging is all!

Last edited by TouchDownFalcons; 02-02-2011 at 06:28 PM.
Old 02-02-2011, 06:16 PM   #7
Rookie

Alright finally got to play a game just now with the Heat against the Bulls. It was back and forth quite a bit but a late run gave me the win 95-87. Anyway here are the stats.

Heat/Bulls

FG% 45% (39/86) / 41% (36/87)
3ptFG% 50% (7/14) / 31% (6/19)
FT 10/11 / 9/11
AST 26 / 25
TO 11 / 14
Fouls 7 / 7
TREB 36 / 45
OREB 3 / 9
STL 10 / 9
BLK 5 / 9
Pts in Paint 32 / 30
Bench Pts 29 / 26
2ndChance Pts 3 / 11
FastBrk Pts 9 / 6

Key Players:

Miami
James 20 pts(7/23 FG), 5 Reb, 6 Ast, 2 Stl, 2 Blk, 3 TO
Wade 10 pts(5/12 FG), 9 Reb, 14 Ast, 1 Stl, 6 TO
Bosh 18 pts(9/18 FG), 8 Reb, 1 Ast, 1 TO
Miller 13 pts(5/8 FG), 2 Reb

Chicago
Rose 19 pts(7/17 FG), 7 Reb, 9 Ast, 2 Stl, 5 TO
Boozer 16 pts(8/13FG), 7 Reb, 1 Blk, 2 TO
Deng 14 pts(6/15FG), 6 Reb, 1 Ast, 1 TO
Noah 8 pts(3/7FG), 8 Reb, 4 Ast

Notes:
- Fun game but a little weird. Usually both teams have at least 17 FT attemps. It seemed like i couldn't buy a foul call and my drives to the rim were blocked alot. Normally the block total isn't that high.
- Deng was definately shooting like crazy. If he hadn't of been injured early in the 3rd he probably would of jacked up 30 shots. his shooting tendency isn't even very high though, hes just one of those weird players in the game i guess. i probably need to check out a few rosters to see how they work out.
Old 02-02-2011, 09:23 PM   #8
NBA All Life Team

DiceMan's Arena

OVR: 12

Touchdown I'm gonna try these out in a day or two as I'm in slider hell right now...lol.
NY Yankees
4 Life.....

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders »