Home

Help with playing son

This is a discussion on Help with playing son within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 01-29-2011, 12:04 PM   #1
WSR
Rookie

OVR: 2
Help with playing son

I've been playing my son in the Battle for the Cup, and I keep losing by a wide margin.

We both play as the Kings, but his team literally seems faster, hits harder and scores more cheap goals (i.e., shots from the Blue Line). I've been playing video games for 30 years, so I know how to play, so I'm wondering if he is just that much better than me or is there something I don't know?

Could we be playing on different levels without me realizing it? I'm thinking he is playing on the easiest level while I'm on a more difficult level. His team being faster and hitting harder doesn't explain him being better than me (as far as I can tell).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-29-2011, 01:29 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 12
Re: Help with playing son

WSR, Its time to face reality, I can't beat my son either, guess what? WE'RE OLD!!! LOL

It might be the settings, there is also intimidation in the game so maybe he's out hitting you and your guys are getting intimadated. Also when chasing the puck i think if you tap the L stick down 3 times it gives you a slight speed burst.
I know it gets very fustrating especially when you know more about the game of hockey than he does but you just can't beat him.
When all else fails take away his cell phone and ground him... bang you WIN!!!
Old 01-29-2011, 01:41 PM   #3
WSR
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDKing
WSR, Its time to face reality, I can't beat my son either, guess what? WE'RE OLD!!! LOL

It might be the settings, there is also intimidation in the game so maybe he's out hitting you and your guys are getting intimadated. Also when chasing the puck i think if you tap the L stick down 3 times it gives you a slight speed burst.
I know it gets very fustrating especially when you know more about the game of hockey than he does but you just can't beat him.
When all else fails take away his cell phone and ground him... bang you WIN!!!
Thanks. I don't want to face reality, that's for sure! ;-)

I just may need to practice more, although he hasn't been playing this game a ton either. I will check the settings again but I don't know if the game allows us to be playing on different Difficulty Levels.
Old 01-29-2011, 02:36 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

mkharsh33's Arena

OVR: 35

I'm 38 and my son is 11... He finally beat me and I never heard the end of it.

Good to see stories like this here...
Old 01-29-2011, 05:39 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 12

My sons are 16 and 18. I dominated them in hockey till they were around 15. I still have a slight edge in Football.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-29-2011, 06:22 PM   #6
Pro

raneman85's Arena

OVR: 6

You simply can't beat kids in video games. I play online and the little punks trash talk all the time. I don't respond or let them know I'm a Dad. I figure if you have to trashtalk in a video game you are insecure. I'm secure enough to admit I suck. It's their video world and it's nice to visit it.
Old 01-29-2011, 08:31 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 1

Too true. My son is 12 and beats me most of the time. In a few more years I'll start beating him all over again when I let him start playing the shooters. Until then when I want to win at hockey we need to grab the sticks and head outside. Still can't quite keep up with the old man in the non-digital world.
Old 01-31-2011, 04:17 AM   #8
Proctor, MN. Go Rails!

Vikes1's Arena

OVR: 23

This thread is just too funny!

My son is 27...and he's been kicking my rear-end for years, playing sports games!

The tide started to turn in his favor, when he was 15 or so. My son gain experience, and quickness of hand/eye. And I just got older and slower.

I still mange to win every once in a great while...and boy do I let him hear it! What a blast we have playing NHL, etc... Now my daughter [19] and I also play NHL at least twice a week. And dammit!!...she's gett'in pretty dang good too! The look on her face when she wins is priceless. Maybe I need to retire. Nah... playing video sports games with your kids, is just too much of a great time for us!

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »