Home

Brian Moorman eat your heart out

This is a discussion on Brian Moorman eat your heart out within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 01-27-2011, 02:11 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Brian Moorman eat your heart out

Let me introduce you to Joe Boyd. He's a 6'0 185 #23 ranked 1 star punter.

After simming about 25 years, I picked up an NC State dynasty because they were the worst team in the nation and in the ACC. After a awful 2-10 first season, I'm trying to find any players that will make an impact for my team the next. As I look for speed players, I come across Joe Boyd.

He has A- Speed, A- Acceleration, B+ Agility, C-Throw Power, D Throw Accuracy, C- Kick Power, D- Kick Accuracy, and B+ Stamina and Injury.

After weeks of recruiting at random to try and get on his list I finally popped up and I'm trying to close him out. Has anyone else found interesting players like this? I know there are similar threads and a lot of them, but it seemed too interesting not to share.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-27-2011, 02:23 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Brian Moorman eat your heart out

I've NEVER found a punter this awesome at everything

I have once found a QB that was so much better at WR, though. He was a pretty shifty slot receiver. I picked him up even though I ran a prostyle offense and saw his catching stats and my jaw dropped.
Old 01-27-2011, 03:00 PM   #3
Rookie

Had a 1* punter who was faster than that with less throwing power. Turned out to be a great wildcat and Shotgun Heavy QB.
Old 01-27-2011, 10:12 PM   #4
Rookie

I put him at RB and he was only a 60 ovr b/c of 40 awr, number 4 WR, PR, KR, and Wildcat QB for this year. I didn't put him at full time QB b/c I picked up a 1* sleeper Ath that was a 70 ovr 78 speed QB and 58 ovr everything else.

For my horrid NC State team, these are some playmakers. I need speed and offense and I finally got a little bit.
Old 01-27-2011, 10:29 PM   #5
Rookie

Hoovie's Arena

OVR: 3

I recruited a 2 or 3* FB several years ago in my dynasty. While randomly sorting stats during position change I put Throw Power to the top and was surprised to find him on the top of the list, and he had a decent accuracy as well. I think it was like 95 power 78 accuracy.

He became a 4 year starter for me at QB, ended up in the high 80's overall (I was playing UNT, high 80's is amazing). He broke all of my schools career passing records.

Last edited by Hoovie; 01-27-2011 at 10:32 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-27-2011, 10:57 PM   #6
Rookie

AUsouthpaw2013's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by bignick_13
Let me introduce you to Joe Boyd. He's a 6'0 185 #23 ranked 1 star punter.

After simming about 25 years, I picked up an NC State dynasty because they were the worst team in the nation and in the ACC. After a awful 2-10 first season, I'm trying to find any players that will make an impact for my team the next. As I look for speed players, I come across Joe Boyd.

He has A- Speed, A- Acceleration, B+ Agility, C-Throw Power, D Throw Accuracy, C- Kick Power, D- Kick Accuracy, and B+ Stamina and Injury.

After weeks of recruiting at random to try and get on his list I finally popped up and I'm trying to close him out. Has anyone else found interesting players like this? I know there are similar threads and a lot of them, but it seemed too interesting not to share.
You'll occasionally see players like that, they're usually worth a look because speed like that is fairly rare. I've got a guy like that in my 'crootin class that I'll probably make into a wildcat QB and/or a kick returner.

-Shug Jordan
Old 01-28-2011, 01:12 AM   #7
Prime Time

Leon Sandcastle's Arena

OVR: 13

Effff you man! I want a punter that can Do Work on those fake punt runs! But thats pretty boss!
Old 01-28-2011, 02:06 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 2

Once saw a HB w/ low50s OVR but with mid-80s kick P/A. Didn't need him at that time but kinda wish I had.
Picked up a good mobile QB one year with average throw stuff but strong speed/accel/carry/elusive and a WR OVR only a couple points lower than his QB rating. I was in the midst of a 4-yr reign of the best QB I've ever had so I wasn't looking, but this guy had me as his #1. Once I saw his other ratings I pulled him in and immediately switched to WR.

PR'd him his first year after RS to get some game exerpeince and hoped that handling those duties on punts would help his catch ratings. By the time he was Jr, Sr he owned the slot position and led my team in receiving each year and finished 3rd in Heisman his final year.
Never had the OVR as my top receivers which turned out well since the depth chart defaulted to keeping him as my #3 guy.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »