Home

BeAGM Draft after 1st season

This is a discussion on BeAGM Draft after 1st season within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 01-27-2011, 10:20 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 6
BeAGM Draft after 1st season

Who are the best players to draft after the first season in Be a GM? Who are some top sleepers?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-27-2011, 05:00 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: BeAGM Draft after 1st season

It's cool that the prospects are actual prospects in real life. I follow hockey pretty closely, and I question how accurate their development is compared to what is expected in real life. Anyway, this is just a short list from my experience (spelling is questionable).

D Adam Larssen (usually turns out to be high 80's, low 90's OVR)
D Keegan Lowe
D Chad Lowry

LW Sean Couterier
RW Austin Watson
Nugent-Hopkins also turns out pretty good.

A couple players that are ranked high, but usually don't pan out in my experience are LW Matt Puempel and D David Musil.

Sorry, but I don't really know any sleepers.

Also, he's already on the Oilers, but if you can get Magnus Paajarvi... he turns into an absolute BEAST in every single BeAGM I've gone through.
Old 01-28-2011, 08:02 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by klanko
It's cool that the prospects are actual prospects in real life. I follow hockey pretty closely, and I question how accurate their development is compared to what is expected in real life. Anyway, this is just a short list from my experience (spelling is questionable).

D Keegan Lowe
D Chad Lowry

LW Sean Couterier
RW Austin Watson

A couple players that are ranked high, but usually don't pan out in my experience are LW Matt Puempel and D David Musil.

Also, he's already on the Oilers, but if you can get Magnus Paajarvi... he turns into an absolute BEAST in every single BeAGM I've gone through.
Yeah, Paajarvi in my franchise with the oilers is doing real well in year 3. 84 overall and he still has B, B and A- potential. Hes the complete package as he can hit, skate, score, and pass the puck.
Old 01-28-2011, 09:39 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:

D Keegan Lowe
D Chad Lowry

LW Sean Couterier
RW Austin Watson

Thanks for the responses!
Old 01-28-2011, 06:36 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 13

I rebuilt my team around Paarjarvi, Nugent-Hopkins and Larsson. Had to give up a ton, but paying off nicely.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-29-2011, 10:11 PM   #6
Pro

ucas005's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
A couple players that are ranked high, but usually don't pan out in my experience are LW Matt Puempel and D David Musil..
David Musil went late in round 2 to the Penguins in my BaGM and is turning out to be one of the best players from that draft.
Old 01-29-2011, 10:49 PM   #7
Hall Of Fame

BlueNGold's Arena

OVR: 41

Do you guys feel the need to edit some of the attributes for these guys or do they develop well?

I ask because after finishing the first year of my Leafs Be A GM it just seems that the rookies are a little too low-rated. Especially when it comes to the shooting attributes.

Old 01-30-2011, 10:38 AM   #8
MVP

bad_philanthropy's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueNGold
Do you guys feel the need to edit some of the attributes for these guys or do they develop well?

I ask because after finishing the first year of my Leafs Be A GM it just seems that the rookies are a little too low-rated. Especially when it comes to the shooting attributes.
I think it's actually not too bad. I think guys that are rated to develop well athletically do so at a good rate. In real life you really only see a few of the teenage rookies come into the league with an NHL level shot. Look at Stamkos and Duchene for instance, their shots were nothing in their rookie years like they are now.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »