Home

Recruiting Board

This is a discussion on Recruiting Board within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 01-18-2011, 12:21 PM   #1
jpz
Rookie

OVR: 0
Recruiting Board

Does the recruits interest in your school rise if he is on your board even though you do not call him? My buddy was telling me that he only recruits 10 to 12 guys and that is all he puts on his board. My question is should I fill all 35 spots to keep the recruits interest in my school even though I am not recruiting them early in the season.

I noticed that when I added about 10 recruits to my list 5 weeks into my season, that all of there interest in my school went up even though I did not call them.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-18-2011, 01:07 PM   #2
MVP

Roggie's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: Recruiting Board

It depends on how you recruit. Some people like keeping only 15 people on their board, hoping for better odds on an insta commit or x2. I fill my board with all 35, because I like the bonus of having every recruit gain interest even if I do not talk to them.
Chicago Bulls
Detroit Tigers
Detroit Red Wings
Detroit Lions

Old 01-18-2011, 01:39 PM   #3
jpz
Rookie

OVR: 0

What does insta commit and 2x have to do with the number of people on your board?
Old 01-18-2011, 01:55 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 5

The 2x only goes to 3 guys on your board. If you only call 10-12 but you have 35 on your board, then there is a bigger chance you won't benefit from the 2x fully. It may show up on guys that you didn't call that week.
Visit my Arena: www.operationsports.com/iamironman84/
Old 01-18-2011, 02:24 PM   #5
MVP

Roggie's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamironman84
The 2x only goes to 3 guys on your board. If you only call 10-12 but you have 35 on your board, then there is a bigger chance you won't benefit from the 2x fully. It may show up on guys that you didn't call that week.
Exactly. The x2 goes to 3 people on your board. The instacommit goes to one guy (maybe twice a year). These things happen randomly, as you either get the x2 3 times, one instacommit, a purple diamond recruit (don't even worry about it unless you want to spend 45 minutes looking through recruits), or random pitches unlocked on a few recruits. Each week, you get one of these events.
Chicago Bulls
Detroit Tigers
Detroit Red Wings
Detroit Lions

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-18-2011, 02:33 PM   #6
Rookie

king24's Arena

OVR: 1

What is the purple diamond?
Old 01-18-2011, 02:45 PM   #7

Deegeezy's Arena

OVR: 15

Yes - I have seen my school rank rise without me calling guys on my board.

King24 - The diamond means that the recruit has a secret interest in your school. If you add him to your board, your school will suddenly appear in his top 10.

COACH GEEZY IN THE BIG EASY PART III: LEGACY | FROM BOURBON ST. TO THE BAYOU
Old 01-18-2011, 03:04 PM   #8
Pro

OVR: 5

I always start with 35 guys. I'll only call 12-15 of them initially, but I like to keep the backup guys on the board for the free points. Often you can get 1/3 of their total interest increased over 6-8 weeks by just keeping them there. This is really useful for lesser 4-star and all 3-star guys (if you're a big program) since you have a head start when you do decide to recruit them. I find the 2x bonus over-rated and not that helpful. I prefer to keep an eye on lots of players. Even 4-star players will often keep you as #1 without calls if nobody else has offerred a scholarship

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »