Home

The NBA 2K11 3D impressions thread...

This is a discussion on The NBA 2K11 3D impressions thread... within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 01-16-2011, 05:03 PM   #1
Banned

Court_vision's Arena

OVR: 25
The NBA 2K11 3D impressions thread...

The 3D patch thread has been turned into another complaints thread with 90% of the posts complaining about online issues...so, can we have a thread solely for 3D impressions?

Firstly, how big is the 3D patch for those who've downloaded it?

What's the 3D stuff look like? I've read some impressions from the guys who got it via the early deal that it's literally like being on the court. Is it that immersive?

Do you get headaches etc playing it in 3D?

I know WTF and Momentus are going to try it in 3D...would really like to hear their impressions + others who've got 3D capability at the moment. Cheers in advance.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-16-2011, 05:05 PM   #2
MVP

cubsball899's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: The NBA 2K11 3D impressions thread...

i played 1 game in 3d at a buddies house, to me it wasn't spectacular. and i did get a bit of a headache... dunno what else to say from 1 game though.
Old 01-16-2011, 06:51 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 13

I played one game on the 360. My thoughts:
  • The patch doesn't seem big(I dunno the size). It dowloaded pretty quick.
  • You get to turn pick with 3D effect matches your TV and there are sliders for the intensity and depth of the 3D effect. NICE TOUCH.
  • Ther is no real added gameplay element with the 3D But it most certainly adds to the atmosphere big time.
  • You can see the 3D effect most in the cutscenes and overlays. It's more subtle in the gameplay and not obtrussive to gameplay at all.
  • No headches at all
  • My one complaint - I can see the overall graphics are downgraded to achieve the 3D affect. Not really bad - but noticable. *disclaimer* I play on a 73inch TV so any jaggies or imperfections stand out to me.
  • Overall thumbs up. A nice extra for those who have a 3D TV but not a must have.
Old 01-16-2011, 07:30 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 0

The only thing I don't get is, why even make the 3D game version for PS3 if they're going to release it in the patch?
Old 01-16-2011, 07:34 PM   #5
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClutchFinish
The only thing I don't get is, why even make the 3D game version for PS3 if they're going to release it in the patch?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-16-2011, 07:41 PM   #6
Pro

Anybody have settings for these on a normal TV
Old 01-17-2011, 12:00 AM   #7
Banned

Court_vision's Arena

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn33
I played one game on the 360. My thoughts:
  • The patch doesn't seem big(I dunno the size). It dowloaded pretty quick.
  • You get to turn pick with 3D effect matches your TV and there are sliders for the intensity and depth of the 3D effect. NICE TOUCH.
  • Ther is no real added gameplay element with the 3D But it most certainly adds to the atmosphere big time.
  • You can see the 3D effect most in the cutscenes and overlays. It's more subtle in the gameplay and not obtrussive to gameplay at all.
  • No headches at all
  • My one complaint - I can see the overall graphics are downgraded to achieve the 3D affect. Not really bad - but noticable. *disclaimer* I play on a 73inch TV so any jaggies or imperfections stand out to me.
  • Overall thumbs up. A nice extra for those who have a 3D TV but not a must have.

Interesting...thanks for your input man

You have got a seriously nice set up...73 inches + 3D
Old 01-17-2011, 01:50 AM   #8
We ain't cool de la?

eDotd's Arena

OVR: 53

The D/L is 4MB and yea, I noticed the jaggies as well. I'm on a 50inch btw.

My biggest concern with anything 3D is comfort, I don't mind wearing the glasses but I have to be comfortable if I'm going to sit through anything 3D for an extended period of time. The sliders are a very nice touch indeed, if you feel like your eyes are straining then just bump them down a notch or if you don't feel like it's 3D "enough" then bump them up.

To piggyback off of Glenn's post - cutscenes, overlays and manual replays really stand out. FT's look good too, I was at the FT line with STAT and Turiaf, who wasn't originally in view, bent down to put his hands on his knees and his head popped up in the foreground in the corner of my eye.

I felt perfectly fine throughout the half that I played (12min q's)..no headaches, dizziness etc. I'd have to play a couple games back to back to really test that out though.

I'm gonna play some more tomorrow, I just wanted to check it out since I got in pretty late but overall it looks like a solid addition to the game. Basically, if you have a 3DTV then consider yourself lucky, the already awesome presentation and atmosphere is only enhanced with the update. There's no reason NOT to use the 3D features if you have the means to do so (unless they make you sick or something of the sort).

For those without 3DTV's, I wouldn't tell you to go out and get a 3DTV now because you just have to experience this. Yes it looks awesome but if you've seen something in 3D then you know what it looks like. Nothing revolutionary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Con-Con
Honestly, some of the posters on here are acting like Rob Jones boned your girl while you were at work, on you own sheets BTW.
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobinson97
Mo is the Operator from the Matrix.

Last edited by eDotd; 01-17-2011 at 01:55 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »