Home

How to make Kevin Durant dominate...

This is a discussion on How to make Kevin Durant dominate... within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 01-16-2011, 10:08 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
How to make Kevin Durant dominate...

I have been playing with the Thunder almost exclusively. I am pretty effective with them, but one thing that I have not been able to figure out is how to make KD dominate. We are talking about the leading scorer in the NBA last year (I think), but I cannot get him to consistently hit open jumpers. I assume this is just me and shot timing?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-16-2011, 11:13 AM   #2
Pro

OVR: 13
Re: How to make Kevin Durant dominate...

First of all Real FG% makes everything much more realistically. and 2ndly KD tries to drive and create Free Throw Attempts, not settle for jump shots.
Old 01-16-2011, 02:56 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 2

If you want him to shoot consistently make sure most of the shots your taking with him (85-90%) are good shots, open, maybe not wide open but open shots that you moved the ball around to get. If your going iso on every play your not going to get great results. If your working the ball around and still not getting results go to practice mode, maybe your just timing it wrong...
Old 01-16-2011, 03:49 PM   #4
MVP

cubsball899's Arena

OVR: 15

i have noticed my players a few times (not necesarily durant) swipe the ball across a defender the way durant does IRL to create fouls, is there a way to get a whistle and go up for a 3 point play the way some players do in the league?
Old 01-16-2011, 05:49 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 5

Turn shot feedback on to make sure you're timing his jumpshot correctly.

Run lots of plays to get him open looks. 21 Stretch Roll is a masterpiece.

Attack the rim aggressively. Use his height by attacking the lane and using some hop steps. You should draw a lot of fouls and force the D to collapse.

LIFE IS THE HELL YOU MAKE IT BABAY.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-16-2011, 07:08 PM   #6
Big Dummy

DustinT's Arena

OVR: 40

Real % isn't my favorite, it doesn't give me the feeling I'm controlling the game. Just take good shots, get to the line and take the treys when you can. Durant is arguably the best player in the game.

R.I.P Seattle SuperSonics
Old 01-16-2011, 09:52 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 2

With Durant you can do everything pretty well with him. Learn how to do all of the layups in your sleep and you will see your free throw count skyrocket. Also learn how to work the pick and roll - he is nasty on the leak and will get a lot of open looks after he sets a pick.
Old 01-17-2011, 03:00 AM   #8
MVP

RedmanR's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by eckoefx
Real % isn't my favorite, it doesn't give me the feeling I'm controlling the game. Just take good shots, get to the line and take the treys when you can. Durant is arguably the best player in the game.
I feel the same way about real field goal percentages myself. You have to play aggressively with star players to be dominate but... there is such a thing called off night. Like when nothing falls for you

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »