Home

editing roster w/ hex editor?

This is a discussion on editing roster w/ hex editor? within the NBA 2K Last Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Rosters
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 01-15-2011, 06:14 PM   #1
All Star

OVR: 49
editing roster w/ hex editor?

I was wondering if anybody has tried to edit a roster for this yrs 2k11 with hex editor. I tried to edit some of the arena name that i could find " Boston Arena" to TD GArden and "Knick arenas" to MSG. This just the name when pre game presentation starts not on the court to get me wrong. But when i get it back on my xbox it states its not right and wont load it. I know people edit there my player ratings and then load it. And it works with 8 ft players. But i just want to rename teams and buildings.

Any help would be great also i am using " Hex Workshop Hex Editior".
This is for the 360 only!!!!!!

Last edited by hokupguy; 05-02-2011 at 03:58 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-16-2011, 08:56 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 7
Re: editing roster w/ hex editor?

You might have to resign the roster file after you edit it. There is a program called Modio that allows you to do this pretty easily, should be able to find it with a quick google search.
Old 01-18-2011, 08:30 AM   #3
All Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vyaras
You might have to resign the roster file after you edit it. There is a program called Modio that allows you to do this pretty easily, should be able to find it with a quick google search.
What do you mean resign it??? i will look up the "Modio" and give it a shot. Let's hope it works i got some cool ideas to try out.
Old 01-18-2011, 11:13 AM   #4
MVP

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by hokupguy
I was wondering if anybody has tried to edit a roster for this yrs 2k11 with hex editor. I tried to edit some of the arena name that i could find " Boston Arena" to TD GArden and "Knick arenas" to MSG.

Any help would be great also i am using " Hex Workshop Hex Editior".
Can you find a way to change the names of the fake coaches in assosiation?
Old 01-18-2011, 12:47 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 7
Google "rehashing & resigning". I'm using a crappy internet browser and can't post links. It's basically something you have to do to get the saves working properly.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-18-2011, 04:06 PM   #6
All Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vyaras
Google "rehashing & resigning". I'm using a crappy internet browser and can't post links. It's basically something you have to do to get the saves working properly.
thanks i found out what you meant. I did a small test for a run and i was able to edit some parts of the text on the arena names. Just keep the position of the name intact. Know going to try to see if can do it the why I want. Right know i have knicks arena as " M.S.G.s arena".

Wonder what would happen i spaced the words out... Has any body tried this before?
Old 01-18-2011, 05:49 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 23

Quote:
thanks i found out what you meant. I did a small test for a run and i was able to edit some parts of the text on the arena names. Just keep the position of the name intact. Know going to try to see if can do it the why I want. Right know i have knicks arena as " M.S.G.s arena".

Wonder what would happen i spaced the words out... Has any body tried this before?
if you figure out how to edit shorts length and sock color you would be my hero....for real.
Old 01-18-2011, 05:58 PM   #8
MVP

TheGame8544's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:

Can you tell me where to download this? I'd love to experiment with it a bit.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Rosters »