Home

Regarding the All-Star Difficulty....

This is a discussion on Regarding the All-Star Difficulty.... within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 01-13-2011, 10:20 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Regarding the All-Star Difficulty....

Why is that when I play All-Star, the game is so inconsistent? Compared to Pro Difficulty.

All Star Difficulty
Pros:
- CPU's D is pumped up
- CPU's offense is much more fluid and relies more on their go-to-guy

Cons:
- Game is so inconsistent. For example, after having a 15-0 run against the CPU, my team goes 0/12 FG shooting. WTF? That happens almost every game I play. Another, when playing in my home-court, I get more fouls than the opponent, I'm not speaking because I steal alot, but because of the low-post plays. But when I was the one posting, I rarely get a foul. WTH?
- My teams is very dumb compared to the CPU.
- It feels like the "KEEP SCORE CLOSE" is on.

Pro Difficulty:
Pros:
- Much more realistic in terms of how the game plays.
- CPU does it's job fairly good on offense and D.
- Much more consistent on the floor. May it be my team or the CPU.
Cons:
- I often get away with teams rather easily, when it comes to scoring.

I need some tips to be able to play the game much realistic. Thanks in advance.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-13-2011, 11:51 PM   #2
Pro

nyqua's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Regarding the All-Star Difficulty....

I find the same thing with all-star. I played my last two games against the Cavs and the Knicks. First half I was in control, then the third quarter/second half rolls around and they start shooting 60% and I am missing every wide open shot. Then I end up losing a close game. It's really annoying.
Old 01-14-2011, 03:22 AM   #3
Pro

ffpp's Arena

Quote:
- My teams is very dumb compared to the CPU.
I know this feeling and it might just be a misperception because you always try to optimize your game and therefore your focus on offense and defense is on your players more than your opponents and that is making your teammate's mistakes stick out more.

Quote:
- It feels like the "KEEP SCORE CLOSE" is on.
Have you considered lowering the clutch sliders ?
Old 01-14-2011, 03:26 AM   #4
Pro

ffpp's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyqua
I find the same thing with all-star. I played my last two games against the Cavs and the Knicks. First half I was in control, then the third quarter/second half rolls around and they start shooting 60% and I am missing every wide open shot. Then I end up losing a close game. It's really annoying.
But those streaks have been there as long as I know NBA 2k (which is only wk9 but still). If your team gets on a slump or the other on a run, try not to rush anything, call timeouts, try different tactics. If you're missing wide open jumpers, try some plays to get to the basket and get your guys going again before you take more jumpers.

Those methods don't work 100% of the time but overall this hasn't been that big of a problem to me.
Old 01-14-2011, 04:30 AM   #5
Banned

OVR: 2

All star level cheats. I just played a game on player lock in association mode and my cpu controlled teammates went a shocking 0-13 in the first quarter. There is the catch up cheat on fast breaks, rubber band cheat when you have a 20 point lead, etc.

I'm now a pro difficulty convert. I want to be challenged not cheated 2k. 0-13 is atrocious.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-14-2011, 05:16 AM   #6
MVP

OVR: 22

Whenever i play pro, i just own the other team, but whenever i play all star, they start to make everything, and I don't get enough rebounds any help?
2001 Lakers
Old 01-14-2011, 09:26 AM   #7
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by ffpp
But those streaks have been there as long as I know NBA 2k (which is only wk9 but still). If your team gets on a slump or the other on a run, try not to rush anything, call timeouts, try different tactics. If you're missing wide open jumpers, try some plays to get to the basket and get your guys going again before you take more jumpers.

Those methods don't work 100% of the time but overall this hasn't been that big of a problem to me.
Me neither. I like the challenge of the higher levels. And teams do go on runs just like IRL.

I've noticed the CPU always goes on a big third quarter run. I'll call timeout, slow the game down, get the ball in my superstar's hands, go inside and try to get fouls.
Old 01-14-2011, 09:27 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
I know this feeling and it might just be a misperception because you always try to optimize your game and therefore your focus on offense and defense is on your players more than your opponents and that is making your teammate's mistakes stick out more.
- On offense, I tend to maximize what strength my team has and set the tone if needed. On D, of course I focus on what the CPU brings to the table so that I can adjust.

Quote:
Have you considered lowering the clutch sliders ?
- Clutch Factor is turned off.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »