Home

Which game is better? 2K or EA hockey?

This is a discussion on Which game is better? 2K or EA hockey? within the Other Hockey Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > Other Hockey Games
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 01-13-2011, 05:42 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Which game is better? 2K or EA hockey?

Thinking about buying one...any info is appreciated.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-13-2011, 06:21 PM   #2
Twitch/YouTube: Fiddy14

Fiddy's Arena

OVR: 32
Re: Which game is better? 2K or EA hockey?

i suggest go to half.com and buy both. why? bc you will be able to get both for a combined 30 to 40 bucks.. then you can have the best of both worlds.
http://www.youtube.com/@Fiddy14
X
https://x.com/Fiddy14_

Favorite Teams
Pittsburgh Penguins
New York Mets
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Browns
Notre Dame Fightin Irish
Liverpool FC
Old 01-13-2011, 06:23 PM   #3
R.I.P 2KHockey 2000-2011

savoie2006's Arena

OVR: 29

Honestly, overall EA is. It's deeper and has smoother controls. Plus if you want to play online at all, it's the only way to go. 2K is dead online. There are some things that 2K does well, but the game lacks depth and polish. The problem with EA is there are alot of nagging issues that drive people nuts both online and offline, so a select few would rather put up with 2K's half assed mess for a while.
Old 01-14-2011, 08:47 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 3

I wish one of them had in game saves. Neither NHL2k10 or NHL 11 have in game saves. It is a great feature for us busy people who game in short spurts. I love 2k games so I would go with theirs.
Old 01-22-2011, 07:22 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by savoie2006
Honestly, overall EA is. It's deeper and has smoother controls. Plus if you want to play online at all, it's the only way to go. 2K is dead online. There are some things that 2K does well, but the game lacks depth and polish. The problem with EA is there are alot of nagging issues that drive people nuts both online and offline, so a select few would rather put up with 2K's half assed mess for a while.
Agreed. Though EA needs to improve in areas as well. Presentation especially imo.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-02-2011, 12:50 PM   #6
The Man!

sroz39's Arena

OVR: 14

Online, there is no question that EA's is better. NHL 11 offline is also pretty good, BaGM being mostly if not for a few annoyances here and there.

My favourite hockey game to play offline is still NHL 2K8, to be honest. If you can put up with the dated rosters, I'd recommend that one.
Old 02-03-2011, 04:59 AM   #7
Banned

OVR: 0

hi guys,,,
Among the two listed above i like the EA sports the most.A treat to play this game.It shall entertain you a lot.The graphics and control are some what perfect for this sort of game.
Old 02-13-2011, 03:07 AM   #8
MVP

Radja's Arena

OVR: 17

i am trying NHL 11 right now in BAGM mode. i like the BAP a lot, but i wanted to play the other way for a while. i am an off line players, btw.

as for nagging issues, is the BAGM as messed up as the forum says? from what i read, the sim stats are messed up bad. was this patched?

second, using the pro level default sliders with the latest tuner, every third period the CPU offense is a different beast from the first two periods. they score goals with just ultra precision hockey. it's like the famous USSR teams of old against high school students.

my CPU team mates just don't seem to care as soon as the third period starts. they let everyone skate up to the goalie. is this me and my suckiness or is it one of the nagging issues?

the last game i played, the opponent CPU brought the puck up near the boards. it wasn't a breakaway per se, but they were pushing the puck up, all of sudden he passes across ice to a wide open player who scored easily.

i fully expected my other DLinemen and a forward to be there since they were near the blue line heading this way the same time my guy was. but they just seemed to stop for who knows what. i did my job defensively and was penalized for it. i understand every once in a while even in real life stupid things happen, but this stuff only happens in the third period.

any help would be appreciated. i want to play this game if it is worth it. if this is the frustration i can expect, there are too many other games out there to try and make this work offline.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > Other Hockey Games »