Home

Defense rating doesn't matter in this game?

This is a discussion on Defense rating doesn't matter in this game? within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 01-12-2011, 09:50 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Defense rating doesn't matter in this game?

Anyone else feel like as long as you know a teams offense and manually control the D then you're fine? Only thing D rating really helps on is steals and blocks - If you have a high rated offense but ****ty D you can still wreck a team. Ive beaten / been beat by Golden State / Memphis even when the other person is using a top 5 team overall...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-12-2011, 09:55 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 7
Re: Defense rating doesn't matter in this game?

I think it works
Old 02-02-2013, 05:01 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 2

I was wondering that too. I also play On Ball Defense.

In my OA, my Small Forward's are Ariza and Nick Young. They both have the similar speed and quickness, but Ariza On Ball defense is 82, and Nick Young has 60 On Ball.
Old 02-02-2013, 06:13 AM   #4
Pro

OVR: 1

Well i thought it was like this, but the difference of slashing against Korver or Tony Allen is definitely noticeable. You 'slide' past Korver, and Allen bumps you away all the time.
Old 02-02-2013, 08:27 AM   #5
Lockdown Defender

Rockie_Fresh88's Arena

OVR: 17

The ratings matter but not as much as they should.

All the small things tony Allen and Sefolosha do in defense are just not shown in game.

However a guy Like Steve Novak is Only Known for threes and can easily score in this game .

The gap is not big enough IMO . Bad defenders aren't bad enough , good defenders should be better and do small things on defense.
#1 Laker fan
First Team Defense !!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-02-2013, 09:50 AM   #6
MVP

thedream2k13's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mmiles33
I was wondering that too. I also play On Ball Defense.

In my OA, my Small Forward's are Ariza and Nick Young. They both have the similar speed and quickness, but Ariza On Ball defense is 82, and Nick Young has 60 On Ball.
Seems on ball d rating matters with cpu controlled players not human controlled
Old 02-02-2013, 09:56 AM   #7
Rookie

I think it matters when you simulate it or like the person above me stated it only matters with cpu controlled players.
I feel like the game should improve on that and make it matter, I can definitely play much better defense with Russell Westbrook than Tony Allen because of the speed difference.
So yeah if you want a better defender get fast guys .
Old 02-02-2013, 11:05 AM   #8
Pro

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mars5541
The ratings matter but not as much as they should.

All the small things tony Allen and Sefolosha do in defense are just not shown in game.

However a guy Like Steve Novak is Only Known for threes and can easily score in this game .

The gap is not big enough IMO . Bad defenders aren't bad enough , good defenders should be better and do small things on defense.
This is exactly why I often times find myself preaching about how man defense doesn't properly reward in this game , not enough tools implemented on the defensive side of the ball. The offense is so advance with the shot stick, runners, acrobat moves, euro steps, spin jumpers and the list goes on. On the defensive side all players can do is shuffle left, shuffle right plus two animations that cut of the drive. The first animation does a little push that cuts the offensive player off from driving and the second animation makes the ball handler start some weird dribbling animation as if he's about to lose the ball but never does. Imagine 2k having a shot stick for defense. If we had this tool for defense, I would forever abandon my zone.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »