Home

Where is the shovel pass?

This is a discussion on Where is the shovel pass? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 01-12-2011, 06:58 PM   #1
Pro

Bullet Sponge's Arena

OVR: 7
Where is the shovel pass?

Every since Urban Meyer popularized the "gimmicky" spread offense at Utah with the triple/quadruple options I've been itching to implement some of those plays into my offense. Alas it's been over 5 years and still no sign of the simple shovel pass.

You've all seen the play many times. A triple (or even quad) option with the QB either handing to the FB or keeping it, then if he keeps it either pitching to the outside, or as Alex Smith used to do, shovel pass ahead to the other option man.

Even a regular shovel pass option would be nice. I've tried doing it myself by motioning the pitchman, trying to have the QB run further behind him and pitch ahead etc. But the game won't allow this.

This has been a pretty common staple of football for some time now and I'd like to see it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-13-2011, 05:18 AM   #2
Rookie

Zasnow's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Where is the shovel pass?

Wasnt the shovel on last gen?
Old 01-13-2011, 07:58 AM   #3
Banned

1GATOR FAN's Arena

OVR: 9

Ya man that play came up huge more than once in Florida's championship game against OU.

It was a triple option play where the TE would come across and be the shovel pass option if the RB was covered or the Qb could just run it.

It's not in this game but I wish they would put it in..
Old 01-13-2011, 01:38 PM   #4
Pro

Bullet Sponge's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zasnow
Wasnt the shovel on last gen?
Nope. That was back when I first really started wanting it too (after watching Utah use it all season in their option attack during their first BCS-busting year when they crushed the silly Pitt team).
Old 01-13-2011, 01:53 PM   #5
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

Hell I don't think Madden even have the shovel pass anymore, I know Madden use to have it last generation.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-13-2011, 02:22 PM   #6
MVP

Hova57's Arena

OVR: 31

bill walsh football had shovel pass, it was like 95 or 96 something like that , but i know it was there. Madden had til they went to playstation.
Old 01-13-2011, 02:38 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullet Sponge
Every since Urban Meyer popularized the "gimmicky" spread offense at Utah with the triple/quadruple options I've been itching to implement some of those plays into my offense. Alas it's been over 5 years and still no sign of the simple shovel pass.

You've all seen the play many times. A triple (or even quad) option with the QB either handing to the FB or keeping it, then if he keeps it either pitching to the outside, or as Alex Smith used to do, shovel pass ahead to the other option man.

Even a regular shovel pass option would be nice. I've tried doing it myself by motioning the pitchman, trying to have the QB run further behind him and pitch ahead etc. But the game won't allow this.

This has been a pretty common staple of football for some time now and I'd like to see it.
I got a couple vids of a plays thats modified to work as a shovel pass. Gets postive yardage 90% of the time.
http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/55090695

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/55066406
Old 01-13-2011, 03:23 PM   #8
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

Those aren't shovel passes......they just passes.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »