Home

I love this game but recruiting doesnt make any damn sense....

This is a discussion on I love this game but recruiting doesnt make any damn sense.... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 01-11-2011, 05:38 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 5
I love this game but recruiting doesnt make any damn sense....

Just an example. Player A is a 5 star recruit from Georgia. Im recruiting with a powerhouse like Florida and his top 2 schools are me and Alabama respectively. I have a 400 point lead yet I constantly put in 60 min a week to this recruit. I dont have any success with this recruit whatsoever. Im at the top of his board yet he doesnt like any of my A categories. I unlock almost all pitches to find hes interested in things were not good at. Alabama on the other hand gains on me week in week out yet our programs are similar across the board.

I get this is just the computers way of distributing recruits and its random but it can work more realistically. Two similar caliber schools should not have completely different responses while recruiting the same player. The point system is there for a reason. I,want to lose out because I didnt recruit smartly and I was edged out by another team. Not becjause the computer decided whatever I do im not getting that player. If a player has you at the top of his board there should be a reason for it. He should be interested in things that your fairly good at. Also Id like to see the ability to pitch more than three things on a campus visit. If I spent the time and found he likes 5-6 things my program has to offer why cant I pitch all of them on his visit. Also if a player likes my coaching experience my coaching prestige should not be a least. That makes no sense.dd
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-11-2011, 05:58 PM   #2
jpz
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: I love this game but recruiting doesnt make any damn sense....

In addition to what you said. Its stupid how you can have a guy who you are his top school all year and he doesn't commit. Only to let other schools catch up to you and then commit to another school at the end of the year after you have put an hour into him every week.
Old 01-11-2011, 06:32 PM   #3
Rookie

fahrenheit's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpz
In addition to what you said. Its stupid how you can have a guy who you are his top school all year and he doesn't commit. Only to let other schools catch up to you and then commit to another school at the end of the year after you have put an hour into him every week.
But thats realistic, recruits have a favorite all year IRL but are undecided. Sometimes other colleges change his mind and sometimes they don't just like in the game, a lot of recruits leave verbal commits IRL which is something we don't see in the game anymore but to say it isn't realistic is just wrong.
Old 01-11-2011, 09:27 PM   #4
Pro

Bullet Sponge's Arena

OVR: 7

I'm not sure I agree. Some kids have a natural bias toward a certain school, regardless of everything else. I've had times where I had kids who wanted to come to my school and even putting in just a cursory 10 or 20 minutes a week to them my lead would continue to balloon. I'm not sure this is programmed into the game in exactly that way, but the effect does seem to be some kids just have their heart set on a certain school and getting them out of that is very challenging. But it works both ways (for you and against you).
Old 01-12-2011, 01:33 AM   #5
Rookie

cOWASs68's Arena

OVR: 3

The "-1" is the worst part about recruiting by far...especially when the #1 team hasn't even offered him a scholarship ALL year...and he ends up committing there.

Plain and simple.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-12-2011, 04:06 AM   #6
Hall Of Fame

kingkilla56's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by cOWASs68
The "-1" is the worst part about recruiting by far...especially when the #1 team hasn't even offered him a scholarship ALL year...and he ends up committing there.

Plain and simple.
Preach brother preach! Couple that with knocking off 500 points by comparing schools and you still don't move. I'm behind by one I gain 600 and knock off 400 how the he'll did they get a perfect 1001 in their call????? Unfair.

On a side note, is it me of does Alabama steal eveybodies recruits??? I hate them in the game. They win every championship and get every recruit. Makes me sick! (in JR WWE voice lol)
Old 01-12-2011, 01:00 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 2

Good to see I'm not the only one who hates the Tide for this reason.
Old 01-12-2011, 01:16 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingkilla56
On a side note, is it me of does Alabama steal eveybodies recruits??? I hate them in the game. They win every championship and get every recruit. Makes me sick! (in JR WWE voice lol)
With my now 6* Auburn dynasty I recently started my recruiting season with 15 recruits for my board. Ten had Bama listed 1st or 2nd, and that's not counting the ones where I was not in the top-3 and didn't add them. The top-4 on my list were from the pipeline states (for me) of Cal. and Texas, and three of them had Bama 1st, me 2nd.
C'mon, not EVERYone wants to go to smelly Tuscaloosa...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »